Israel, not Hamas, is the serial truce-breaker

Larry Gude

Strung Out
meh..merely delaying the inevitable, I say. :evil:

I have a theory about that; since the rise of women, especially in the West, we haven't had a world war. Boys, men, can't much help ourselves. At some point our solution to everything is war. The decidedly male dominated Arab would kinda supports that; they never stop fighting. So, I am hopeful, and I think with reason, that, when female leadership isn't token, like Hillary, for example, nor noteworthy, that, maybe, we can avoid extinction.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Media cover-up of Hamas crimes starting to unravel

Yesterday one of the stories thrust into the mainstream media was nearly simultaneous explosions in a Palestinian neighborhood and at al-Shifa hospital.

The media immediately took the Hamas line that it was Israeli missiles. Later, the IDF stated that it had not fired on those locations, and that the explosions were misfired Hamas or Islamic Jihad missiles.

The media played it as he said, he said.

But an Italian journalist has just left Gaza and is telling the truth about what happened now that he needs not fear Hamas retaliation — Israel was right (h/t Israelly Cool):

Out of #Gaza far from #Hamas retaliation: misfired rocket killed children yday in Shati. Witness: militants rushed and cleared debris

— gabrielebarbati (@gabrielebarbati) July 29, 2014

@IDFSpokesperson said truth in communique released yesterday about Shati camp massacre. It was not #Israel behind it

— gabrielebarbati (@gabrielebarbati) July 29, 2014

How many more of the civilian casualties have been cause by Hamas and Islamic rockets that fell short or misfired? Like Israel says happened at a U.N. school and shelter.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
NY Magazine’s contribution to the propaganda war against Israel

In the current Gaza war, there are many falsehoods and deceptions being perpetrated against Israel by the media.

One can understand how reporters in Gaza shape and shade their reporting for fear of Hamas retaliation.

But how to explain the headline to an article by Katie Zavadski at New York Magazine declaring definitively that an Israeli official admitted Hamas was not involved in kidnapping three Israeli teens whose bodies were found after more than two weeks of searching: It Turns Out Hamas Didn’t Kidnap and Kill 3 Israeli Teens After All (link goes to updated version, not original).

Beta

Smile!
I, personally, think it's a good thing for the world that Israel exists. I also think if they laid down their arms, they'd all be dead by the end of the week. I don't see the converse happening were the Palestinians wiling to live in peace with Israel.
A bunch of Christians that couldn't care less about the Jews forget how Israel's existence helps them out. There are quite a few religious locations from Jesus's day (oh right, that Jewish guy named Jesus lived in a Jewish-ruled Judea, didn't he? :eyebrow:) that would be virtually off limits to you heathens if it was still in Muslim control. For the few that might not be off limits, you'd be going through slums and a 3rd world country. How is that an appropriate setting for some of the most important religious sites in the Christian faith?

I know that, you know that. A lot of people know that. I'd just point out that by recognizing and accepting Palestine as a new nation, we set the table for them to, in turn, recognize and accept Israel.
A lot of people know that, but I bet you most people don't. Since the land changed hands in 1967, most people south of their 50s probably don't remember or know who controlled the land prior to that. When I was hearing about the separation of the West Bank to become a Palestinian state, I first assumed it was giving them back their land they lost in the 6 day war. I didn't realize it was giving land to a different group of people who were establishing a brand new country!

So, because I have a different opinion than yours, I'm ignorant and hateful? Maybe that's why you use the handle "Beta"
you're still in the experimental stage and haven't fully matured yet.
No, I said that because your comments about Jews and Muslims were blatantly hateful. If you don't realize that, which it's evident that you don't, then my ignorant comment still stands. Try to keep up. I'd hate to call you Alpha, because it doesn't seem like you're that far along yet.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So the ceasefire ends and Hamas decides that means it's time to fire more rockets? Just because there's not a ceasefire doesn't mean you can't have peace (unless you're Hamas and your charter calls for the end of Israel's existence). :rolleyes:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/08/us-mideast-gaza-idUSKBN0G70JY20140808

Hamas is in an awful position. There is war on tap in the Ukraine, airliners becoming dirt torpedoes, Iraq falling apart, Syria can't bury people fast enough, people are kidnapping girls down continent, US generals are being killed by our 'partners' and ISIS (ISIL) is running around begging for the US to send troops back in to fight with as well as chasing people up into the mountains under 'convert or die' rules and there sits poor Hamas bitching and moaning about the toilets not working and not being allowed to bring in arms from Iran to their port.

There just is only so much 'give a ####' to go around and when Israel is killing the children of people who are digging tunnels and shooting rockers specifically at non combatants while ISIS is asking their kids if they'd rather kill infidels by being a holy warrior or a martyr, well, it's just a tough sell these days.

Hijinx

Hamas is in an awful position. There is war on tap in the Ukraine, airliners becoming dirt torpedoes, Iraq falling apart, Syria can't bury people fast enough, people are kidnapping girls down continent, US generals are being killed by our 'partners' and ISIS (ISIL) is running around begging for the US to send troops back in to fight with as well as chasing people up into the mountains under 'convert or die' rules and there sits poor Hamas bitching and moaning about the toilets not working and not being allowed to bring in arms from Iran to their port.

There just is only so much 'give a ####' to go around and when Israel is killing the children of people who are digging tunnels and shooting rockers specifically at non combatants while ISIS is asking their kids if they'd rather kill infidels by being a holy warrior or a martyr, well, it's just a tough sell these days.

There are stories coming out now of ISIS beheading children.
http://www.thenewamerican.com/world...s-still-killing-christians-beheading-children

Now I don't know if these stories are true, and certainly the major media isn't reporting it , but if these stories are true, it's past time for the whole world to come together and take these people in hand. What ever happened to the coalition? Are European Countries so filled with Muslims that they fear to get involved for fear their own countries will be caught in this Muslim crossfire?