Jerry's Place in PF

Black-Francis

Nope, it used to be really good years ago..like 18 years ago when they took over the little place on Broomes Island. After they expanded to the place in PF in the shopping center, that's when started to get crappy. Service was never good. I do like the Pier though and the Kingfisher was okay. The owner doesn't demand good service or good food, he relies on the name and once-good food.

With that said, I love the Broomes Island location and the food is okay. I love the water and the atmosphere.

Jerry's has always had great food. Been going to his place (starting in Seabook) for 25 or so years.

See, I thought the Stoney's in P-Fred was better than Broomes Island, yet the atmosphere in Broomes was of course better than P-Fred (because of the water) Aren't they two different owners?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Stoney's doesn't even compare. The quality of food from Stoney's has really taken a nose dive in the last few years. I stay away from it. The seafood is always over cooked and like rubber there.

When I go to a place to eat, I expect it to be better than what we can make at home.

Yeah, I'd heard that about Stoney's. I'm not a big seafood eater. Sometimes fried fish depending on what kind. Mostly I like shrimp, crabs, crabcakes - that's about it. I just moved back into the area about 5 years ago and that was the best place to get a Maryland crabcake over here, according to someone I knew. I was dying for southern Maryland crabcakes when I came back.

Black-Francis

Yeah, I'd heard that about Stoney's. I'm not a big seafood eater. Sometimes fried fish depending on what kind. Mostly I like shrimp, crabs, crabcakes - that's about it. I just moved back into the area about 5 years ago and that was the best place to get a Maryland crabcake over here, according to someone I knew. I was dying for southern Maryland crabcakes when I came back.

Their crabcakes are good as long as you don't get the sandwich because their buns always seem to lack freshness and fall apart....

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Their crabcakes are good as long as you don't get the sandwich because their buns always seem to lack freshness and fall apart....

:yay: I haven't been there in a couple of years, actually. A friend of mine's recipe makes better crabcakes! But I will definitely go to Jerry's the next time I have a crabcake craving!

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hushpuppies are only found in the Patuxent and the Potomac. The Hushpuppy boats go out early in the morning before sunrise. They scoop up the hushpuppies with giant nets and then have to wrestle them fighting little critters into the boat. The boat returns to shore where the hushpuppies are laid out on the beach to bake in the sun for a few hours until they get that nice golden brown color. !!! Really !!!

seriously !!!

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shown here are young hush puppies in their natural environment (left) and fully matured hush puppies in captivity (right).

Last edited:

RPMDAD

Nope, it used to be really good years ago..like 18 years ago when they took over the little place on Broomes Island. After they expanded to the place in PF in the shopping center, that's when started to get crappy. Service was never good. I do like the Pier though and the Kingfisher was okay. The owner doesn't demand good service or good food, he relies on the name and once-good food.

With that said, I love the Broomes Island location and the food is okay. I love the water and the atmosphere.

Jerry's has always had great food. Been going to his place (starting in Seabook) for 25 or so years.

:yeahthat:

Ditto here used to work out of Greenbelt / Lanham and go to Jerrys in Seabrook all the time always outstanding. I agree about Stoneys also used to be good but imho is only fair now still like the atmosphere at Broomes Island though

Thanx all for the reviews. One of the things that I look for in a quality restaurant is the attention to the little things, like the hush puppies and onion rings. I really like a decent one, fresh made, crispy. The ones I've been getting lately in restaurants (not going to mention names) are all pre-made, frozen, and look like little turds rather than a real hush puppy. I figure if they can't do that right, they are probably cutting corners on the rest of the meal too.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Thanx all for the reviews. One of the things that I look for in a quality restaurant is the attention to the little things, like the hush puppies and onion rings. I really like a decent one, fresh made, crispy. The ones I've been getting lately in restaurants (not going to mention names) are all pre-made, frozen, and look like little turds rather than a real hush puppy. I figure if they can't do that right, they are probably cutting corners on the rest of the meal too.

And it's so easy to make really good hushpuppies. There's really no excuse for a seafood restaurant to have crappy ones.

Jerry's Place in Prince Frederick

ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!!

Everyone should try it if you love seafood. Puts Stoneys to shame, but then again, Stoneys use to be our favorite, but has gone downhill in recent years! The only crabcakes I've tasted better are mine :whistle: ~ honestly, it is very good, a bit pricey, but you pay for quality and service, besides, we are worth it! I had crab cake and shrimp, and hubby had crab cake and fried oysters. Absolutely delicious~we had the sides of coleslaw and fries.....for desert he had apple crisp, and I had banana cream pie...yum! Jerry visited the table several times, offering up sampling of other dishes with much hospitality. Bon Appetit!

OldHillcrestGuy

Awesome, I have been wanting to go for sometime after reading all the positive reviews on here. It was our 38th wedding anniversary and I thought this would be a good place to go to. Its not a fancy place, but as others have said Jerry walking around and visiting the table several times made you feel like family. We just got back a little while ago, got there just after 5 on a Saturday waited less then 10 minutes for a table. Jerry comes over and starts chatting with you and offers samples of a couple of veggies. We decided on the granddad crab dinner for two. We had crab soup for a appetizer, very good, and the granddad crab (1lb)was delicious. By the time we left we almost felt like family, Jerry was pointing out all the family members who work in there, sons, daughters, nephews and nieces. Yes it is a little pricey but you get excellent service and great food. :yay::yay:

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
We went there Friday night. I never knew it was there and didnt know what to expect when I saw it was attached to Mr. Tire but the food was really good. I had the fried shrimp and it was perfect. I would recommend this place to anyone.