Jerry's Place in PF

belvak

Happy Camper
:yay: We stopped in there for lunch today, and it was everything everyone has said it was!!! Great food and service, and Jerry stopping by is just the right touch! Today's "treats" were fried haddock bites, stewed tomatoes, and kale. All were wonderful. Hubby had the crabcake/scallops combo and I just orded some beer battered shrimp. We couldn't eat it all and had no room for dessert. :frown: I really wanted some banana cream pie too!!! :lol: We'll be back!!

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
:yay: We stopped in there for lunch today, and it was everything everyone has said it was!!! Great food and service, and Jerry stopping by is just the right touch! Today's "treats" were fried haddock bites, stewed tomatoes, and kale. All were wonderful. Hubby had the crabcake/scallops combo and I just orded some beer battered shrimp. We couldn't eat it all and had no room for dessert. :frown: I really wanted some banana cream pie too!!! :lol: We'll be back!!

Went last week and had the haddock, kale and stewed tomatoes, thought the tomatoes were a little too sweet, the fish was great, but could have eaten a gallon of the kale.

bulldog

We made the drive last night and finally checked it out. We got there at about 5:30 and were seated right away. Liked the casual atmosphere very much and enjoyed watching the organized interaction between all the staff. They truly operated as a "team". Our waitress was spot on with attending to us, was very friendly and get this...she knew the menu. Once she took our drink orders Jerry stopped by to introduce himself (nice touch) and tell us about the samples they had provided...which were very good.
Wife started with the cream of crab soup which was good, but in our opinion not as good as what we get at the Captain's Table in Solomon's. She also ordered the pasta dish which was crab, shrimp, penne-pasta and a really nice white scampi sauce. Along with the Kale and cole-slaw it made for a hearty meal which she could not finish. I had the mariner's platter which was a couple of scallops, a couple of fried shrimp, a smallish crab cake and a soft shell crab and battered fish. All of the food was very, very good. Two Sam Adams Summer Ales helped wash it all down perfectly. No room for dessert.
All in all, an excellent experience and meal. We did think that the check was a little high for just two people (85.00 before tip), but understand that the food is mostly local and fresh and that makes a difference.

OldHillcrestGuy

Had another wonderful time and excellent dinner at Jerry's Place last night. That WTOP listener poll thats been going on, that named the Fiesta Cafe in Mechcanicsville number one in Mexican, also had Jerry's Place number 2 in Seafood places behind only his old place Jerrys Seafood in Lanham, which he sold a few years back.

cdsulhoff

Agreed Jerry's place is probably the best thing that happen to Calvert's seafood Restaurants industry!!! Jerry himself is a guy that cares about his place! I love the fact he don't walk around with worthless attempt to connect to customers. He really wants to know his community! Love how he walks around with food for sampling cause he is soo proud of his food! I have no problem paying the prices he ask, cause the food and atmosphere is worth it!

Ok now Im craving a crab cake from there!!:yum::drool:

Jameo

What?!
Best crab cake ever! :yum: No filler at all. Me and the boyfriend split the grand daddy crab cake and only found 1 teeny tiny shell in 16oz of crab meat. That's is pretty damn good. Everything we had was so delicious. The muscles in butter & garlic sauce :drool: Soo good! Homemade cole slaw :yum: The kale (which I'm not a big fan of) was outstanding! The services could not have been any better. Jerry also made his rounds and BS with us a few minutes about oysters. Even the ladies room had a basket with bobby pins, safety pins, lint roller, hair spray, tampons and what not in there :yay: They are on point with detail in that whole place.

garyt27

INAFJ
Hushpuppies are only found in the Patuxent and the Potomac. The Hushpuppy boats go out early in the morning before sunrise. They scoop up the hushpuppies with giant nets and then have to wrestle them fighting little critters into the boat. The boat returns to shore where the hushpuppies are laid out on the beach to bake in the sun for a few hours until they get that nice golden brown color. !!! Really !!!

I've caught them on rod and reel using really small popper lures, pinch the barb on the hook, what a blast on ultralight tackle.:popcorn:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I'm going to try them this afternoon. I don't think there is another restaurant thread on here where all the posts positive. Looking forward to it.

We went New Year’s Eve, party of seven, and the food was excellent. :yay: I think we got there around 4pm and waited about 45 minutes. When we left the wait was around 2 hours and the parking lot was packed with people waiting to get in.

We will most definitely go back.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
OK got there around 3:30. Place was half full. Seated immediately. Jerry was running from table to table doing his thing.

Me - broiled rockfish topped with crab/lemon bearnaise sauce, applesauce with vanilla & cinnamon, stewed maters & tea.

Her - Ordered crabcake & softshell, (out of soft shell) so it became crabcake & haddock, fries, coleslaw & diet coke.

No appetizers.

The kale I'd read about here wasn't on the menu and the waitress didn't mention it but we noticed others getting it so we caught the waitress and asked to replace the fries with kale. Excellent move.

OK so everything was as awesome as described here. The crabcake is pure crab meat with no filler as the menu states. My rockfish was amazing and my friend liked it better than her haddock so we switched (we were sharing everything anyway) The stewed maters were very sweet but there were none left when we were done. The applesauce was delicious with just the right amount of vanilla & cinnamon. Coleslaw = just like mom used to make.

Ok, I saved the best for last.... that kale was absolutely the best I have ever had anywhere ever!!! Ever! ANYWHERE!! EVER!!! Seriously anywhere. The best. Somehow they infused it with the bacon and an almond flavor and an aftertaste of cayenne pepper (but not over done). :drool:

We noticed Jerry checking our plates to see if we left any food behind. HA! Like that was gonna happen! Then he brought out some crab dip on bread balls. Also delicious. He mentioned that you get free seconds on all side dishes. I should have asked for more kale... :lol:

Food takes a lil while to come out but was well worth the wait. Total was $69.40. I tipped cash so the tax man wouldn't mess with our waitress (she was very busy but took good care of us).

We left at 5:00 and there was a waiting line to get in. Told Jerry it was our 1st time there and he asked how we heard about it. I told him SOMD.com forums and he had a 5 star review here. He asked me to bring him a printout of this thread and I assured him I would. I'll definitely go back!

Last edited: