Key Bridge Collapses

glhs837

Power with Control
It’s more likely some crackhead will climb up to try and cut the wire down for the scrapyard.

Back when I was visiting Seattle on a regular basis, it came out that someone was stealing the huge copper grounding cables in chunks from up inside these elevated concrete structures. By the time is was discovered, there was quite a lot missing, like four miles.

Northgate-Link-structure-e1570813975786.jpg

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Back when I was visiting Seattle on a regular basis, it came out that someone was stealing the huge copper grounding cables in chunks from up inside these elevated concrete structures. By the time is was discovered, there was quite a lot missing, like four miles.

just wait until they start attacking those supercharging stations.

TPD

the poor dad
There has been some suggestion of "islands" around bridge pylons. To make an "island" large enough around a pylon to stop large ships would then reduce the width of the channel for the ship to cross thru, correct? Then making it more difficult to pass under the bridge without incident. And do you only put these protective barriers around the pylons surrounding the main channel the ship crosses thru under a bridge? What about the other 100 pylons on a bridge that could be hit by any ship with nefarious purposes? IMO, it just doesn't make sense. Ships have been crossing under bridges for years with very few incidents - why waste the money now. Besides, I have been saying for numerous years - the easiest way to bring this country to its knees is to strap a bomb around the main pylon of the top 20 bridges in the country under the dark of night. Attach a remote device to each one and with the press of one button on a disposable cell phone, all 20 bridges collapse at the same time in less than 30 seconds, bringing us to a standstill. Easy peasy.

Here are pictures I took when crossing under the bay bridge 10 years ago while on a cruise ship. How much money would it take to "protect" this bridge from ship allision.

14827522018_315e94b679_c.jpg
14827417689_fdde89b5e7_c.jpg
14827618607_5fa9d22a11_c.jpg
15014146035_65c41067e5_c.jpg

Hijinx

You also have to factor in the likelihood of an event. How many other kids have been dumb enough to do that....... How much stupidity are we required to cover?
In a 25 year career I went to 3 different incidents where people were killed or injured by electrocution on top of the trains.