Key Bridge Collapses

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
IMG_5630.jpeg

3CATSAILOR

It's Maryland.

There'll be a new emergency Bridge Tax passed.

Raising the Maryland Income Tax from 5% + 3% to 5% + 3% + 10% to pay for a new Baltimore Bridge.

Of course there'll also be costly Evironmental Impact Studies to be had for both the removal of the steel in the water and then a new bridge.
It's a Federal bridge. For Fed dollars are going to be paying for it. At least that's what Biden currently claims.

3CATSAILOR

At first I thought it was a hoax but....

Although the FBI is investigating it since it was a Federal bridge, right now dirty fuel is the likely cause. Apparently the dirty fuel mixure choked out the engine. Assumption so far. But, it will probably gain some steam as the investigation goes on.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
The bridge isn't as important as opening the shipping channel.. if the democrats are serious they could have that channel open in a week.. or less. Otherwise they want the higher prices and the shortages.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
The best harbor Pilot of all time cannot control a 95,000 ton, near 1000 foot long ship without all systems functioning. Hopefully it was mechanical failure, and nothing more sinister.
Would any drawbridge you have ever seen survive that impact?
Most bridges have islands in front of their structures to prevent impacts with actual bridge structure.

Hijinx

I don't design bridges, nor am I any type of engineer, but it would seem to me that a bridge could be designed so that if something like this happened the section that was hit could come down without the whole damned structure failing.
I would think that the owners of the ship would have some type of insurance that would partially pay to reconstruct the bridge.
I was amazed that the bridge was built in 1977 I remember well when they built it. But then I remember going to the opening day of the original bay bridge. My father like to attend things like that.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I don't design bridges, nor am I any type of engineer, but it would seem to me that a bridge could be designed so that if something like this happened the section that was hit could come down without the whole damned structure failing.
I would think that the owners of the ship would have some type of insurance that would partially pay to reconstruct the bridge.
I was amazed that the bridge was built in 1977 I remember well when they built it. But then I remember going to the opening day of the original bay bridge. My father like to attend things like that.
A body in motion tends to stay in motion.

Especially when that body is 250,000 tons moving at 10mph.

StmarysCity79

Trump HAD a secure border Idiot Lass, Assshole destroyed that on day one. hopefully his entire strain dies because of his actions. Remain in Mehico worked!

The how come he let thousands die?

None of what you ever say makes any sense.

You bring up trans people and immigrants in every conversation because Newsmax tells you they are the enemy to the point where you now blame them for Trump's mishandling of Covid.

Grumpy

The how come he let thousands die?

None of what you ever say makes any sense.

You bring up trans people and immigrants in every conversation because Newsmax tells you they are the enemy to the point where you now blame them for Trump's mishandling of Covid.
:yay: Todays' entertainment has arrived ! ! !

Hijinx

The six men who died on the bridge were all Hispanic migrants, who have been in America for a while,
My question is ---------------legally or illegally.

Slowly word is going around that we need more illegals because the illegals are doing jobs Americans won't do and that these men were illegals.
There is a rumor that this company only hires illegals. If that is true , how do they get State contracts?

Of course it was tragic that anyone was killed, but even so i feel it is a legitimate question.
Were they legal Migrants or illegal aliens.

StmarysCity79

The six men who died on the bridge were all Hispanic migrants, who have been in America for a while,
My question is ---------------legally or illegally.

Slowly word is going around that we need more illegals because the illegals are doing jobs Americans won't do and that these men were illegals.
There is a rumor that this company only hires illegals. If that is true , how do they get State contracts?

Of course it was tragic that anyone was killed, but even so i feel it is a legitimate question.
Were they legal Migrants or illegal aliens.
Why does it matter?

Big agricultural has been using undocumented immigrant labor for years in poultry farms and picking vegetables and fruits.

So do many big home builders.

If you kick all the immigrants out the cost of goods and services will sky rocket

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Sure...for 3, 4, 5 times the cost to build.