lawn seeding

C

czygvtwkr

Now, by the time you mow it will be somewhat established.

I threw some seed last year around this time and forgot about it, never watered it or anything and it was growing fairly nicely by May

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Get the Carl Spackler hybrid, "it is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff." :biggrin:

jetmonkey

How long does it take for zoysia to spread? Neighbors are not an issue at my lot.

At my old house it jumped a sidewalk into the next door neighbors yard. I have no natural boundry between me and my two neighbors. The one guy's lot is worse than mine but the other guy has a pretty nice lawn that my weeds are invading. Wonder if he's like the zoysia any better...

Anyway, the people who had it in my old neighborhood, it was really nice. Thick like a carpet, not a weed in site.

T

toppick08

At my old house it jumped a sidewalk into the next door neighbors yard. I have no natural boundry between me and my two neighbors. The one guy's lot is worse than mine but the other guy has a pretty nice lawn that my weeds are invading. Wonder if he's like the zoysia any better...

Anyway, the people who had it in my old neighborhood, it was really nice. Thick like a carpet, not a weed in site.

:yay:

but you must thatch it, periodically...:yay:

I have no worries about it spreading from the front yard into the neighbors. I have the driveway on 1 side and a drainage ditch (w/ rock) on the other. After crossing the ditch, there is 150' - 200' of common area, then another ditch before getting to the neighbor's yard.

Backyard is another matter. There I'd be worried about the spreading to the neighbor, but not too much. How fast does it spread?

jetmonkey

I have no worries about it spreading from the front yard into the neighbors. I have the driveway on 1 side and a drainage ditch (w/ rock) on the other. After crossing the ditch, there is 150' - 200' of common area, then another ditch before getting to the neighbor's yard.

Backyard is another matter. There I'd be worried about the spreading to the neighbor, but not too much. How fast does it spread?

I'm not sure what fast is in grass terms. It didn't seem particularly fast, but she didn't do anything to her lawn other than mow it. I did half her weed eating just because she had big boobs.

T

toppick08

medium........:yay:

are the saplings still alive ?

T

toppick08

DoWhat......it will take over all, as long as the ph is good..............moss, means acid, bump it up to at least a 6..

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Zoysia Farm Nurseries......

I've always received good material from them.....:yay:

I planted 6,000 plugs yesterday.

They didn't go very far. I planted them about 6" apart.

My back is killing me.

Thanks for the info toppick, hopefully they will live and spread.