Let’s talk truth about black on black crime

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Since everyone immoderately tries to reframe the police brutality discussion to focus on Black on Black crime this should be enlightening for many of you

“Both sociologists and criminologists agree that violent crime is a complex socioeconomic phenomenon. Generally speaking, research shows that poor people commit the most crime: According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, during the period from 2008 through 2012, “persons in poor households at or below the federal poverty level (FPL) (39.8 per 1,000) had more than double the rate of violent victimization as persons in high-income households (16.9 per 1,000) ... The overall pattern of poor persons having the highest rates of violent victimization was consistent for both whites and blacks “

http://www.theroot.com/why-we-never-talk-about-black-on-black-crime-an-answer-1819092337

the numbers work out pretty much the same

B-B murders 3005 murders, 2500 black
W-W murders 2500 murders, 2245 white

where the math breaks down is in the percentages, whites outnumber blacks by a factor of 6:1

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
The thing is whenever there's some kind of tragedy like this, we ask ourselves - could we have prevented this? Who is to blame? I have to admit, even after the hurricanes I started researching past efforts to weaken hurricanes by using technology (yeah, and they didn't work really - at all).

What exasperates so much is that the left keep proposing the SAME ideas, ones that have shown clearly they do not work. They propose solutions that clearly show they would not have worked - the Vegas killer would not have been curtailed by background checks and he obtained all of his guns legally. Short of actually confiscating guns across the country - something that, sorry, it is NOT going to happen - there are hundreds of millions of guns and there's NO serious means of stopping ILLEGAL guns - nothing, nothing, not one piece of legislation proposed would have stopped this tragedy.

Maybe it doesn't sink in - see, they also think they could have PREVENTED the hurricanes this year by following Global Warming, excuse me, Climate Change agreements - which are a farce because they don't even LOWER anything. But you don't stop a hurricane with climate change agreements. Try it. Wave the agreement in front of this weekend's hurricane - see if it listens. We had nearly ten years of pretty much no hurricanes and the ones we have had aren't the worst we've had. We had a lot this year - we had a BUNCH in 2004, 13 years ago. What we had was unusual but not unprecedented - it's NORMAL for a busy hurricane year.

We want to think - "We HAVE to do something".

No we don't. We should do something that will work. The left's proposals on guns is like that joke where the parent tells the teacher not to punish their kid in school - "just slap the kid NEXT to her - she'll get the message".
You don't make laws against gun ownership and expect a criminal planning mass killing to throw his hands in the air and give up. "Curses - foiled again by some stupid LAW".
It just punishes the tens of millions of citizens who have NEVER shot someone.

Their proposals? Hey, let's make a law against mass shootings. We'll even NAME it after the Vegas victims! Yay. We DID something.

How about a psychological review board ran by the NRA as the final determiner. But as an added twist if you fail your board you have to spend at least a year in intensive psych counseling. As an added bonus let's make the cops and military take it too.

That should shake the trees some.

SamSpade

That should shake the trees some.

Yesterday when I was looking up PAST cases of massacres in other countries prior to and after gun legislation passed - and concluding that it really didn't make much difference, since they were rare occurrences BEFORE the laws - I decided to look up nations with low crime. While it wasn't an example I found, one thing they told me when I was in Ethiopia is that the capital has very little violent crime. Possibly since most people are poor, very little could be gained by robbing someone and aside from "chat", not a LOT of drugs because no one could possibly afford them.

But the countries I found had a generally low incidence of crime over MANY years. Countries like New Zealand, Switzerland, Austria and Iceland. And I don't just mean gun crime. All violent crime. New laws there wouldn't change much.

And there are nations I found where guns are hard to obtain - but they're still high in violent crime. Iceland and Austria and all of the Scandinavian countries have a comparatively high percentage of gun ownership.
Nations like Colombia, Palestine and Nigeria - fairly low gun ownership. Honduras has the highest murder rate in the world but their gun ownership rate is about in the middle of the world's rate,

As near as I can tell - there's no de facto connection between ownership, presence, laws and violent crime. The former Soviet Union completely outlawed guns - and for decades, it was the most violent place on the planet.
They're also nearly gone in Japan - but they have a relatively low crime rate.

Here's the thing - are there more restrictive gun laws because there was ALREADY more crime? Which came first? And I have to think a great deal of crime has to do with the society itself.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
As near as I can tell - there's no de facto connection between ownership, presence, laws and violent crime.

are you talking only globally ?

But the countries I found had a generally low incidence of crime over MANY years. Countries like New Zealand, Switzerland, Austria and Iceland. And I don't just mean gun crime. All violent crime.

it has been opined Iceland has low crime because the population is fairly homogeneous
- ie they are mostly European

minimal foreigners

stgislander

PREMO Member
So, here's the thing - Sap's article is right. Poor people commit more crime, and they commit it more likely closer to where they live.

The black people raising riots when a black person is shot by a cop don't understand that. Black people are grossly disproportionately poor, and therefore commit more crime, and therefore are subject to the results of that crime like legal intervention and victimization of crime.

This is not a race thing, and I wish the ones inciting riots understood this like Sap's article does.

So, this raises the question, why are black people so disproportionately represented in the lowest economic class?

:yay:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
So, this raises the question, why are black people so disproportionately represented in the lowest economic class?

We already know what it takes to be successful. Ambition, hard work, education, staying out of trouble, etc. Often successful people have mimicked the behaviors of others, just followed the established blueprint.
a
I'd have to say that it's a cultural issue. Not as many families put a high emphasis on education. Education being the bottom building block of success. This can be noted by school proficiency rates and SAT scores. In the entire US, there is not 1 school district, out of over 13,000 districts nationwide, where blacks outperform whites on standardized tests.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
We already know what it takes to be successful. Ambition, hard work, education, staying out of trouble, etc. Often successful people have mimicked the behaviors of others, just followed the established blueprint.
a
I'd have to say that it's a cultural issue. Not as many families put a high emphasis on education. Education being the bottom building block of success. This can be noted by school proficiency rates and SAT scores. In the entire US, there is not 1 school district, out of over 13,000 districts nationwide, where blacks outperform whites on standardized tests.

Doing well in school is regarded by their peers as "acting white!"

stgislander

PREMO Member
a

Thank you Lyndon Johnson and your Great Society.

Toxick

Splat
How is it different?

Well when white people flip over cars and burn down buildings after a city wins a championship is done in a burst of enthusiastic exuberance! If you think about it, it's almost a positive thing - done with pride and joy and excitement. Admittedly it may be a bit too much, but it's all good fun - plus it's not just white people. We welcome the blacks and orientals and hispanics to join. Homos too! (No freaking muslims tho - they're liable to detonate a bomb or some ####)

When the coloreds do it, it's done out of hatred toward whitey and therefore no redeeming qualities.

Surely you can see that.

Toxick

Splat
that is YOUR Contention NOT Mine

It is also my contention.

So far your only rebuttal has been "If you can't tell the difference you're a dumbass".
Which, by association, makes me a dumbass too.

So if you would be so kind as to explain it in a manner that my drooling, short-bus-riding, no-attention-span-having ass can understand, that would be outstanding.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
... explain it in a manner that my drooling, short-bus-riding, no-attention-span-having ass can understand, that would be outstanding.

I dunno...that seems like a pretty tall mountain to climb. Jus sayin'... :coffee:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Well when white people flip over cars and burn down buildings after a city wins a championship is done in a burst of enthusiastic exuberance!

Surely you can see that.

I am not saying it is 'ok' or right or appropriate .... but the reasons why are vastly different that Burning Down East LA After Rodney King

destroyed 1600 business in Koreatown, 80 billion dollars in damages, deaths of 63 and more than 2000 injured

When white people riot and bust chit up, they are typically arrested and prosecuted.

well there is that as well