Looking for a kitten to adopt

D

dems4me

mAlice, there is a statement:
"You are either part of the problem or part of the solution."

You love to come into these thread, stir up trouble, talk trash to any and everyone, and do or offer nothing to help with the problem of unwanted animals.

That makes you part of the problem.

Happy now that you have the spot light and are getting your attention fix for the day?

Good!!!

Now move on and quit causing problems here.

While the rest of us work on solutions.

I have to agree somewhat with mAlice :shrug: not all unwanted kittens and cats make it to a shelter. RiverRat just picked up a litter from the landfill this past August. Some take them to the landfill, some do just turn them loose (Farmer's Market in St. Mary's in famous for this), some will drop them off at other people's houses/neighborhoods and some people try to drown them.

I just saw it as mAlice letting the poster know the options. Not all of the unwanted kittens end up at a shelter and I don't know that I'd agree that "most" do either. Its sad. I agree too that the shelter at least tries to find homes, vets them and gives them food. Unlike the one's at the Land Fill that River Rat had to rescue - a lot of people just don't care and will dump them anywhere. :frown:

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
mAlice, there is a statement:
"You are either part of the problem or part of the solution."

You love to come into these thread, stir up trouble, talk trash to any and everyone, and do or offer nothing to help with the problem of unwanted animals.

That makes you part of the problem.

Happy now that you have the spot light and are getting your attention fix for the day?

Good!!!

Now move on and quit causing problems here.

While the rest of us work on solutions.

Nicely said! I often have the same exact problem with "smoothmarine". Why do certain formites feel the need to be like that.:shrug:

D

dems4me

Nicely said! I often have the same exact problem with "smoothmarine". Why do certain formites feel the need to be like that.:shrug:

And how is Inkpen's post more constructive to this thread than mAlice's posts. :shrug: At least mAlice posted suggestions and Inkpen just went into attack mode. If she felt that strongly she could have just pm'd mAlice and spared us of the drama and her accusing her of "attention whoring", etc.. that has NOTHING to do with someone looking for a kitten, or even kittens at all. :shrug:

jenbengen

Watch it
Anyone know of any? We have one cat and she's ready for a playmate. Thanks in advance! :howdy:

We got the sweetest and most loving 5 month old kitten from Tri Couty. She has the mildest temperament and just loves to snuggle. My other 11 month old kitten is now her best friend. It took about a week for the oldest not to want to kill the new kitty, but now they are inseparable.

Give the shelter a try. Those animals NEED homes to survive. It is depressing going there and seeing so many homeless animals, but I am SO glad that I did it.

jenbengen

Watch it
I'd rather pay a small fee and get a cat that's altered, has a microchip, UTD on vaccines, and tested for FIV/Felv. :yay:

I got Tucker from my county's animal control. His fee was $50 and he was good to go.

I totally agree. That reassurance, especially when you have other pets, is worth it.

I

Inkpen

And how is Inkpen's post more constructive to this thread than mAlice's posts. :shrug: At least mAlice posted suggestions and Inkpen just went into attack mode. If she felt that strongly she could have just pm'd mAlice and spared us of the drama and her accusing her of "attention whoring", etc.. that has NOTHING to do with someone looking for a kitten, or even kittens at all. :shrug:

Dems..settle down..please..
Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?
mAlice is known for stiring up trouble.
And your comments do not help.

Have a nice day!

D

dems4me

Have a nice day!

Me settle down? :confused: I'm not riled up. :shrug: I didn't come on here posting to bust someones balls. :shrug: I know who mAlice is and she had a valid point and gave another suggestion for finding a kitten that hadn't been mentioned previously with the other good suggestions. If I knew of another suggestion, I would have posted, unlike you that offers no suggestion just an attack. :shrug: Now who's part of the problem and who's part of the solution :shrug: I'd vote mAlice was more of the "solution" than you were :shrug: JMO :huggy:

mAlice

professional daydreamer

Have a nice day!

You need to get over the "part of the problem, part of the solution". All you do is scare people away, so you're sure as hell not part of the solution.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
He must have been riddled with disease, too. Must have cost a fortune to keep him alive.

Naah. I took him to Well Pet. I don't recall it being much at all. Less than $100 for de-fleaing (and an overnight stay while being de-fleaed), shots and neutering.

Galatians 5:19-21

For I fear lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I wish, and that I shall be found by you such as you do not wish; lest there be contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, backbitings, whisperings, conceits and tumults.

:grin:

I

Inkpen

If people got pets altered and became part of the solution, then the problem of wandering, feral, stray cats would be greatly reduced.

It is better to support your local shelter because the $ goes back into the system to continue to help the feral, stray, unwanted animals in the area.

Plus you are getting a healthier animal and keeping it from being euthanized.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
If people got pets altered and became part of the solution, then the problem of wandering, feral, stray cats would be greatly reduced.

It is better to support your local shelter because the $ goes back into the system to continue to help the feral, stray, unwanted animals in the area.

Plus you are getting a healthier animal and keeping it from being euthanized.

:yeahthat: Let the ghetto kitties die.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
You one of those ghetto kitties or was your momma one?
Why are you so focused on killing them?

I'm not focused on killing them. You are. You're the one that's trying to talk people into giving their money to the shelters. What's wrong with adopting an animal before it gets to the shelter? Agenda?

Last edited: