Looking for a kitten to adopt

mAlice, there is a statement:
"You are either part of the problem or part of the solution."

You love to come into these thread, stir up trouble, talk trash to any and everyone, and do or offer nothing to help with the problem of unwanted animals.

That makes you part of the problem.

Happy now that you have the spot light and are getting your attention fix for the day?

Good!!!

Now move on and quit causing problems here.

While the rest of us work on solutions.

Not fair, first thing she did is post ads for kittens. -1 Point.

D

dems4me

"1/31/08 RR is not YOU..what have you done to help? How have you helped?....inky"

It takes two :rolleyes: I helped with catching, care after alterations, feeding, finding homes, the $$ involved for food and toys, etc... so stick your BASELESS assumption where the lovely sun don't shine: :yay: :huggy:

I

Inkpen

"1/31/08 RR is not YOU..what have you done to help? How have you helped?....inky"

It takes two :rolleyes: I helped with catching, care after alterations, feeding, finding homes, the $$ involved for food and toys, etc... so stick your BASELESS assumption where the lovely sun don't shine: :yay: :huggy:

Good you did do something!!!! Then why not stand up and say it?

Note: I gave you green and signed it...

Stop being rude and taking like you live in the gutter. It reflects poorly on you and your character.

Many if not most of the rescue groups do the same thing..they rescue and adopt out.
Many get a big price break over regular vet costs, can buy vaccines at cost, can do the same with meds and do inhouse lab work and it costs so much less than you paid out. They have a far bigger advertising base that you or RR, or others who do home rescue .

The money that one pays for adoption goes back to the pool to do more spays and neuters....
And then there are groups like SPOT, that offer FREE spay and neuters...
The get their $$$ from the thrift shop they run.
Have you donated any time, or stuff to help this group?
Ever gone there to go shopping for great deals and cool stuff?

So, it is benificial to adopt from established rescue groups and shelters instead of from the "free" kitten ads, or those who do rescues all by themsleves without the support and backing of an legit 501(c)3.

Your $$$ goes back to help more each and every day!

Again, you are either part of the problem or part of the solution.

mAlice

professional daydreamer

Because most people do it out of simple kindness, not the need to be recognized for it.

You assume because people don't brag about how they "give", that they don't give. You know what they say about assuming. :ohwell:

D

dems4me

Note: I gave you green and signed it...

Stop being rude and taking like you live in the gutter. It reflects poorly on you and your character.

Many if not most of the rescue groups do the same thing..they rescue and adopt out.
Many get a big price break over regular vet costs, can buy vaccines at cost, can do the same with meds and do inhouse lab work and it costs so much less than you paid out. They have a far bigger advertising base that you or RR, or others who do home rescue .

The money that one pays for adoption goes back to the pool to do more spays and neuters....
And then there are groups like SPOT, that offer FREE spay and neuters...
The get their $$$ from the thrift shop they run.
Have you donated any time, or stuff to help this group?
Ever gone there to go shopping for great deals and cool stuff?

So, it is benificial to adopt from established rescue groups and shelters instead of from the "free" kitten ads, or those who do rescues all by themsleves without the support and backing of an legit 501(c)3.

Your $$$ goes back to help more each and every day!

Again, you are either part of the problem or part of the solution.

:faint: I didnt' stand up and say it because it's not anyone's business what exactly I do or how I help RR with her cats/kittens. I don't owe anyone an explanation. You obviously felt the need to have it explained to you so I did. I mention helping out RR several times in the forums. We trap, alter, and vet many ferral cats, we just finished another one two weeks ago, I didn't feel it was anyone's buisness and certainly not worth starting a thread about. We do it often, its no big deal. But because you are soo quick to judge and condemn - just thought I'd enlighten you.:yay: You are not the only one in southern maryland trying to help animals. :yay:

I

Inkpen

Because most people do it out of simple kindness, not the need to be recognized for it.

You assume because people don't brag about how they "give", that they don't give. You know what they say about assuming. :ohwell:

Not assuming..all here know how RR went and rescued all those kitties, andothers here od the same thing,, and those who feed the strays and dont get them fixed...

I am trying to make a point you don't want to grasp, that adoption from a group is more beneficial for both the adopter and the pet, instead of taking a free kitten off the street.

What have you done for "simple kindness" lately?

Pandora

OMG, Ink....

Are you the woman that is the only feral rescue in Southern Maryland, located in Calvert County? :confused:

I just put two and two together here, because I'm slow on the uptake, obviously real slow on this one.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Not assuming..all here know how RR went and rescued all those kitties, andothers here od the same thing,, and those who feed the strays and dont get them fixed...

I am trying to make a point you don't want to grasp, that adoption from a group is more beneficial for both the adopter and the pet, instead of taking a free kitten off the street.

What have you done for "simple kindness" lately?

What I do is none of your business. If it was, you'd already know about it.

I disagree with your "point". The "point" is to give animals a home, regardless of where you get them. Additionally, if the animal never makes it to the shelter/rescue, it doesn't cost the shelter/rescue anything.

So, to me it just makes more sense all the way around to adopt off the street.

I

Inkpen

:faint: I didnt' stand up and say it because it's not anyone's business what exactly I do or how I help RR with her cats/kittens. I don't owe anyone an explanation. You obviously felt the need to have it explained to you so I did. I mention helping out RR several times in the forums. We trap, alter, and vet many ferral cats, we just finished another one two weeks ago, I didn't feel it was anyone's buisness and certainly not worth starting a thread about. We do it often, its no big deal. But because you are soo quick to judge and condemn - just thought I'd enlighten you.:yay: You are not the only one in southern maryland trying to help animals. :yay:

But Dems, you DO involve the Forums buy talking about it, bringing it up, advertising you have kittens, posting pictures..it is NO secret that you rescue or try to rescue cats/kittens.

As I said, GOOD FOR YOU for being part of the SOLUTION!!!:clap:

Pandora

I got a karma message saying "no she is not" with the every loving rolleyes smilies.

If I called the shelter in Hughesville, would they have referred a person YOUR number, Ink?

D

dems4me

But Dems, you DO involve the Forums buy talking about it, bringing it up, advertising you have kittens, posting pictures..it is NO secret that you rescue or try to rescue cats/kittens.

As I said, GOOD FOR YOU for being part of the SOLUTION!!!:clap:

Several posts ago you accused me of not helping RR. It was ALL RR's doing... :rolleyes: Several posts before that you kept wanting to know if I was "part of the problem or part of the solution" as if that wasn't evough you then send me krapma saying I'm NOT RR as if I don't help at all. :rolleyes: If you knew all the answers, then why all the questions and insinuations? :shrug: Guess it took you awhile to stop assuming and use the "search" feature.:yay: Now in a bi-polorish way say "it is NO secret that you rescue or try to rescue cats/kittens" :crazy: Whatever :huggy:Good day! :huggy:

Pandora

What an ass. Not everyone sits with their finger on the new post button. Maybe she had to answer the phone or use the bathroom. What a LOSER

Well sawry, my response had a bit of attitude behind it because I know the culprit of the rolleyes and the basis for feeling offended. I realize many have taken on the task or rescuing feral cats/kittens and placed them. Kudos for doing that, because I know first hand, it isn’t easy to do.

I know I wasn't clear in my 1st post in this thread.

I am specifically interested in knowing if Ink is the person of referral for the shelter when it comes to feral kitties, that is all. I guess she is on the phone or in the bathroom or both. :shrug:

I

Inkpen

What an ass. Not everyone sits with their finger on the new post button. Maybe she had to answer the phone or use the bathroom. What a LOSER

Well sawry, my response had a bit of attitude behind it because I know the culprit of the rolleyes and the basis for feeling offended. I realize many have taken on the task or rescuing feral cats/kittens and placed them. Kudos for doing that, because I know first hand, it isn’t easy to do.

I know I wasn't clear in my 1st post in this thread.

I am specifically interested in knowing if Ink is the person of referral for the shelter when it comes to feral kitties, that is all. I guess she is on the phone or in the bathroom or both. :shrug:

I was on the phone.

I am not the contact for ferals, for the TriCounty Shelter, (I never was). I am however a contact for ferals thru the Humane Society of Calvert County. I worked with the early on feral cat progam here in Calvert.
But since I am busy with wildllife as a Master Wildife Rehabber, my feral cat time is limited, and most of that is taken up with consultation with feral cats caretakers across the USA thru the ACA concerning feral cat colony management.

That answer your question Pandora?

I

Inkpen

Several posts ago you accused me of not helping RR. It was ALL RR's doing... :rolleyes: Several posts before that you kept wanting to know if I was "part of the problem or part of the solution" as if that wasn't evough you then send me krapma saying I'm NOT RR as if I don't help at all. :rolleyes: If you knew all the answers, then why all the questions and insinuations? :shrug: Guess it took you awhile to stop assuming and use the "search" feature.:yay: Now in a bi-polorish way say "it is NO secret that you rescue or try to rescue cats/kittens" :crazy: Whatever :huggy:Good day! :huggy:

I love your use of smilies!

As usual, you are writing a novel to answer a question!!:killingme
Remember: Keep It Simple!!!

Pandora

I was on the phone.

I am not the contact for ferals, for the TriCounty Shelter, (I never was). I am however a contact for ferals thru the Humane Society of Calvert County. I worked with the early on feral cat progam here in Calvert.
But since I am busy with wildllife as a Master Wildife Rehabber, my feral cat time is limited, and most of that is taken up with consultation with feral cats caretakers across the USA thru the ACA concerning feral cat colony management.

That answer your question Pandora?

Yes, does your answering message specifically say "Calvert County residence only" on it?

I

Inkpen

Yes, does your answering message specifically say "Calvert County residence only" on it?

What?
Does my answering message specifically say "Calvert County residence only" on it?
You mean like a message on a telephone?

And if you do, the answer is no.

D

dems4me

I love your use of smilies!

As usual, you are writing a novel to answer a question!!:killingme
Remember: Keep It Simple!!!

And as usual, I feel I have to write a novel and use lots of smilies because your comprehension skills are drastically deficient.

You made 3 assumptions that I don't help cats and kittens at all, and then when I called you on it -- you state-- well of course we all know you help cats and kittens. WTF? Now you attack the writing style and use of smilies. :rolleyes: You are truley grasping at straws.

Better yet. STFU :yay: - is that simple enough for you? :huggy: