Lost/Stolen Dog!!! Any help would be apprecaited!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
BS Gal said:
Bob, I had a dog too. She was kept inside and trained to not crap/piss on the rug. She was inside for 14 years. I would have NEVER left her outside, chained up, but that's just me.
And my opinion is, if you have a dog the size of a lab, or a Foxhound, keeping them indoors is cruel... They need open spaces, fresh air, and running room.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
multitaskerJuls said:
I am attempting to post a photo of her....I have never posted a pic on here so I hope this works.

She's cute. Good luck finding her.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
itsbob said:
And my opinion is, if you have a dog the size of a lab, or a Foxhound, keeping them indoors is cruel... They need open spaces, fresh air, and running room.
They can be inside while you're at work and outside when you get home. To me, tying them out is cruel. Let them be inside on the furniture having a good day in the a/c and take them out when you get home. But that's just me. shrug:

multitaskerJuls

itsbob said:

I agree with you 100% ItsBob. She loves the outdoors. I was going to take her to the river soon because I have been told that they love the water as well, but was going to first let her try the water in a swimming pool to see if she was comfortable and ready to play/swim in open water like the river and I hope that I still have that chance, in hopes of having my dog back. I am not a pet owner that likes dressing my pet up in clothes or sprays cologne on them to mask the smell of a dog. I bathe my dog or have her groomed quite frequently and she is on Frontline PLUS for fleas and ticks. I clean her ears every week because I have been told that Labs are known for having ear problems and I give her "Greenies" which she loves and I feed her Iams dog food. If I am a bad owner then turn me in to the Sheriff Dept for putting her under a big shade tree with plenty of water. I have been told that Labs eat alot of things, but never heard of a cable before...you never know. She would of had to jump up in the tree and eat that part because the whole lead is GONE as well as my much loved and well taken care of DOG.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
multitaskerJuls said:
I agree with you 100% ItsBob. She loves the outdoors. I was going to take her to the river soon because I have been told that they love the water as well, but was going to first let her try the water in a swimming pool to see if she was comfortable and ready to play/swim in open water like the river and I hope that I still have that chance, in hopes of having my dog back. I am not a pet owner that likes dressing my pet up in clothes or sprays cologne on them to mask the smell of a dog. I bathe my dog or have her groomed quite frequently and she is on Frontline PLUS for fleas and ticks. I clean her ears every week because I have been told that Labs are known for having ear problems and I give her "Greenies" which she loves and I feed her Iams dog food. If I am a bad owner then turn me in to the Sheriff Dept for putting her under a big shade tree with plenty of water. I have been told that Labs eat alot of things, but never heard of a cable before...you never know. She would of had to jump up in the tree and eat that part because the whole lead is GONE as well as my much loved and well taken care of DOG.

I am sure someone took her and the best thing for you to do is first report her stolen to the sheriff's office and then constantly scouting the neighborhood. Whoever took her is probably keeping her inside and only letting her out to do her business. This is really sad when you have to worry about a pet being stolen.

multitaskerJuls

Bay_Kat said:
I am sure someone took her and the best thing for you to do is first report her stolen to the sheriff's office and then constantly scouting the neighborhood. Whoever took her is probably keeping her inside and only letting her out to do her business. This is really sad when you have to worry about a pet being stolen.

Thank you, Bay_Kat for your posting...I just got off the phone with the sheriff's office and the officer that I spoke with said that it sounded very suspicious and that he would send an officer out to take a report. It is very sad and pathetic that people have to be cautious and worry about their pets being taken right out of their own front yards. :bawl:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
multitaskerJuls said:
Thank you, Bay_Kat for your posting...I just got off the phone with the sheriff's office and the officer that I spoke with said that it sounded very suspicious and that he would send an officer out to take a report. It is very sad and pathetic that people have to be cautious and worry about their pets being taken right out of their own front yards. :bawl:

You're welcome. I really do hope you find her. I know how you must be feeling right now, not to mention your kids. The person that took your dog is a terrible human being.

multitaskerJuls

Bay_Kat said:
You're welcome. I really do hope you find her. I know how you must be feeling right now, not to mention your kids. The person that took your dog is a terrible human being.

You are so right, my older children do not know yet since they have not been home since yesterday afternoon, but my 3 year old went outside this morning and was looking all over the place for her and came up to me and said he could not find her and asked where she was. I just broke down in tears and had his father explain to him in 3 year old terms that she was gone(hopefully not for good). If someone did indeed steal her, they have to be a heartless individual. I never knew or would of even thought that someone would steal another persons pet, but I guess anything is possible anymore.

BuddyLee

Football addict
itsbob said:
Plus it wasn't that hot out the other day; not like we're in a heat wave or anything.

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
Geek said:
I think a five month old puppy is way too young to be left outside unsupervised for four hours. Labs love to chew stuff. I would be afraid that the dog would chew threw the lead. I hope the puppy is found and returned to the owner.
:yay:
I wish you luck in finding that lil fuzzy face!

Hello6

Princess of Mean
itsbob said:

Dogs are pack oriented animals. They need to be with their people.
I have a foxhound who is terrified of the outdoors thanks to people like YOU who think it's OK to leave them out 24/7. I have a Golden mix who prefers to spend his days in the bathtub. I'd never leave my hounds outside, and they stay in air conditioning. When they run, it's with me closely supervising.

Leave a cute puppy outside, run the risk of someone stealing it. That's just the world we live in now.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Unfortunately, stealing dogs is pretty common. In Calvert, we have a problem with it. My dogs are NEVER tied and they are NEVER outside unless we are home to check on them. My yard is fenced.

Sorry you lost your dog but I don't recommend chaining at all, doesn't matter the weather. My daughter lost a pup that way..she chained him for just a few minutes (they were waiting on fence installation). Larger dog running loose came into her yard and killed the pup..in seconds.

I don't recommend leaving them alone in a yard without supervision (owner home) either. It has nothing to do with the dogs really, more that you can't trust people.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Barbra said:
But she was replying to me when she said

"..thanks to people like YOU who think it's OK to leave them out 24/7"

Yet I had said earlier..

"...granted I don't like dog owners that keep their dogs tied up all the time.."

She needs to learn how to read before she starts throwing stones.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Hello6 said:
You're still TWL's wife clone :razz: :shortbus:

Now, FOADIAF :lalala:
You have consistently displayed yourself as being the biggest azz on the forums (right after JPC and slaphappyazz, and that ain't saying a lot).

Now run along and go play in traffic, why don't 'cha?

multitaskerJuls

river rat said:
So, any word on the pup yet?

No, No word at all yet....My daughter is a total mess and missing her puppy terribly. I went looking for her again today with my 3 year old and both of us were calling out her name. (kinda of sad and cute at the same time) He was yelling out, "we miss you, we need you"....too sad. I put out flyers and I am going to put a poster board at the beginning of the road tomorrow with her pic. I am doing anything and everything that I can think of....that is all that I CAN do. I was told by the sheriff's office that it did not sound good on what I had told him. I will be talking to Animal Control and the Tri County Animal Shelter since they have been closed the past two days. I HOPE AND PRAY THAT SOMEONE HAS HER AND RETURNS HER SAFELY! Thanks for asking!