Manafort pardon

Chris0nllyn

At this point, who cares if he gets pardoned? It's within Trump's right to do so.

My issue is that Manafort is a part of the swamp. A well-known part of the Washington swamp and Trump chose to retain his services while at the same time claiming he would drain the swamp. If he does pardon Manafort, he's showing he's not serious about his campaign promises (as if he was to begin with).

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
At this point, who cares if he gets pardoned? It's within Trump's right to do so.

My issue is that Manafort is a part of the swamp. A well-known part of the Washington swamp and Trump chose to retain his services while at the same time claiming he would drain the swamp. If he does pardon Manafort, he's showing he's not serious about his campaign promises (as if he was to begin with).

He was hired because of his rather unique "specialty"; dealing with the vagaries of convention machinations/manuevering and potentially brokered conventions. From that standpoint, he was hired for all of the right reasons...and really for only those reasons. I don't see that as the least bit at crossed-purposes with the general goal of draining the swamp; you cannot drain the swamp if you are not elected.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

You know, I'm beginning to think that they're all the swamp. I've said many times, sane people want no part of DC politics and the media assassination that goes along with it. Trump had to pick someone to fill these positions....who else was there? Plus I think all these guys - including Trump - have money shenanigans of some sort. I don't think you get to that level of wealth without fudging something.

What should disturb all of us - even you, Chris - is that this is indeed a political witch hunt. Why are they going after these piddly tax cheats and ignoring the Clintonistas? Hillary, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Barack Obama, the Podesta brothers.....not a peep. And what they are accused of is WAY more alarming than some bank fraud. So why no investigations?

Sapidus

Because alll you have is insane conspiracy theories. No one is protecting the elite or hiding the truth from you. It’s just that you believe lies and propaganda about Linton and Podesta yet when shown actual crimes and seeing members of Trumps inner circle go to jail you dismiss it.

Get off the Internet. It’s rotting your brain and making you believe insanity

Chris0nllyn

You know, I'm beginning to think that they're all the swamp. I've said many times, sane people want no part of DC politics and the media assassination that goes along with it. Trump had to pick someone to fill these positions....who else was there? Plus I think all these guys - including Trump - have money shenanigans of some sort. I don't think you get to that level of wealth without fudging something.

What should disturb all of us - even you, Chris - is that this is indeed a political witch hunt. Why are they going after these piddly tax cheats and ignoring the Clintonistas? Hillary, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Barack Obama, the Podesta brothers.....not a peep. And what they are accused of is WAY more alarming than some bank fraud. So why no investigations?

The argument was that the people who elected Trump did so ignoring what the media told them to think. If Trump says what everyone was thinking, he didn't need a member of the swamp to lead his campaign. Trump, the same person who told all of American that he picks only the best of the best, chose this man for whatever reason and never vetted him (like some of his other picks for various positions). I'm with you that there are some crony people in Washington but the best way to start getting rid of them, which Trump voters said they wanted, is to not pardon them for their crimes. You can't expect your kids to change by telling them no, then letting them get away with it anyway.

The fact of the matter is, is it illegal or not? You can agree or disagree that the crimes don't amount to much but you're essentially arguing that a police officer comes to your home for an unrelated incident and finds drugs in plain view but should ignore it because it's no big deal. To quote "This_Person", don't agree with the law, change it. I personally don't think people should be cheating the system for their own personal gain in the way Manafort did, but perhaps I'm alone in my thinking.

Contrary to your belief, it does bother me that none of those you mentioned amounted to much in terms of investigations and/or charges being brought, but I'm not law enforcement. You're not law enforcement. I think it sucks when someone kills someone else and gets a case of "afluenza" and gets off easy (as an example). Our justice system is not fair, period. I argue this all the time relating to drugs and civil asset forefiture but no one bats an eye. One of Trump's guys is found guilty by a jury of his peers and now it's an issue?

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
One of Trump's guys is found guilty by a jury of his peers and now it's an issue?

Nobody cares about Paul Manafort or Michael Cohen. What they care about is the dark turn this "investigation" has taken, as it pertains to our government and what we've allowed it to become. It's clear that Mueller - more specifically, his directors and handlers - want Trump impeached and removed. It is Mueller's job to find something - anything - that will achieve that goal. The Lanny Davis involvement is just the cherry on the sundae because he can help avenge his girl, Hillary, who has never gotten over losing that election.

If we allow them to unseat the President we elected, that's the end of our democracy. At that point we will be no better than some third world #### hole where we no longer elect our officials; they are forced out at gunpoint.

You can scoff and say I'm being melodramatic if you want, but a quick trip through a history book will tell you that's how it happens.

Hijinx

Because all you have is insane conspiracy theories.

So you believe that Hillary using a private server for Government business is a conspiracy theory.
You believe that delivery of shoulder fired missiles to ISIS by the CIA and hillary and Obama is a conspiracy theory.
You believe that selling 20% of our uranium to Russia is a conspiracy theory

I could go on but why.? You not from this planet.

Salmon

So you believe that Hillary using a private server for Government business is a conspiracy theory.
You believe that delivery of shoulder fired missiles to ISIS by the CIA and hillary and yObama is a conspiracy theory.
You believe that selling 20% of our uranium to Russia is a conspiracy theory

I could go on but why.? You not from this planet.
Hillary did not deliver missles to ISIL
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/wikileaks-cofirms-hillary-clinton-sold-weapons-to-isis/

As for uranium

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hillary-clinton-uranium-russia-deal/

Sapidus

Nobody cares about Paul Manafort or Michael Cohen. What they care about is the dark turn this "investigation" has taken, as it pertains to our government and what we've allowed it to become. It's clear that Mueller - more specifically, his directors and handlers - want Trump impeached and removed. It is Mueller's job to find something - anything - that will achieve that goal. The Lanny Davis involvement is just the cherry on the sundae because he can help avenge his girl, Hillary, who has never gotten over losing that election.

If we allow them to unseat the President we elected, that's the end of our democracy. At that point we will be no better than some third world #### hole where we no longer elect our officials; they are forced out at gunpoint.

You can scoff and say I'm being melodramatic if you want, but a quick trip through a history book will tell you that's how it happens.

The real issue is Trump’s attacks on the free press and retaliatory action on private citizens for criticizing him. That is the real threat to our democracy.

truby20

Fighting like a girl

I have a different take (who would have guessed?), when you become a public official so much of your behavior becomes public. Every financial action is audited, every contact is looked at closely. The 1% do this all across our country, but when the magifingy glass of the American taxpayer is applied it finds all sorts of disgusting behavior.

I think if big business had the same checks and balances as the federal government you’d be disgusted by that swamp.

truby20

Fighting like a girl

This is rich, what laws did Barack Obama break? You specifically named him. Months ago you said Valerie Jarrit was a felon but never provided evidence.

If you want to say dems are criminals just keep saying the Clintons, they are gross, that’s why the “safe” states didn’t vote for her.

littlelady

God bless the USA
This is rich, what laws did Barack Obama break? You specifically named him. Months ago you said Valerie Jarrit was a felon but never provided evidence.

If you want to say dems are criminals just keep saying the Clintons, they are gross, that’s why the “safe” states didn’t vote for her.

You made my eyes go wide when I read your post. At this point, I think it is every man/woman for themselves. Why do so many not see what is happening to the USA. The prominent example is the vehement hate of Trump. If you are not scared, you should be. Can you imagine the things being said about Trump were said about Obama (the biggest puppet in prez history). OMGeez! That’s all.

This_person

The real issue is Trump’s attacks on the free press and retaliatory action on private citizens for criticizing him. That is the real threat to our democracy.

Trump is not attacking the press any more than the previous 43 men who were president.

Trump is not performing any kind of retaliatory actions on private citizens.

There is no threat to democracy beyond rhetoric like yours that prohibits good people from ever wanting to run for office, which is why we ended up with a choice between Trump, Clinton, Stein, et al. There was not a single good choice on the list, because GOOD people are stopped from running by people like you. YOU are the threat to democracy, Sappy.

Hijinx

No: She didn't deliver them there---they just appeared there, Probably some type of miracle.
They just showed up in Afghanistan by magic during Obama's watch, and the ambassador was just going to Benghazi for his health.

The Uranium deal just came along on it's own after Bill got $500,000 and the Clinton Foundation got millions.

You probably believe in Santa Claus too.

Hijinx

I find Trump's attack on the press to be 90% justified.

The real threat to ouir Democracy is when Americans refuse to accept a loss in the Presidential election and set about to remove a sitting President instead of waiting 4 years and voting him out.

Chris0nllyn

Mueller has every right to do what he's doing. For someone who argues the simplicity of not being arrested, you sure seem to be overlooking that ni this case. How often have you said, "don't want to go to jail, don't break the law"? It's a simple concept and had Manafort and Cohen not broken the law, they sure wouldn't be in this position, would they?

Republicans control Congress. They aren't going to impeach a sitting Republican President.

Let me remind you that all this sits squarely on the shoulders of everyone who has elected these people over the last few decades. We have this government solely because we, the people, made it so. "We" don't want someone who fights for liberty for everyone. "We" don't want someone who worries about the deficit. "We" want someone to "tell it like it is" and all the transgressions that come with it. "We" want someone willing to strip away basic tenants of our Constitution in the name of safety. "We" want a government-mandated healthcare system. "We" chose to give the government the power they have. "We" no longer exist to curtail the powers of the government. The basic foundation of this country should never have gotten us here, but it did, only because we made it so.