Manafort pardon

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Mueller has every right to do what he's doing. For someone who argues the simplicity of not being arrested, you sure seem to be overlooking that ni this case. How often have you said, "don't want to go to jail, don't break the law"? It's a simple concept and had Manafort and Cohen not broken the law, they sure wouldn't be in this position, would they?

Are you hallucinating?

I said right in my very first sentence that nobody cares about Manafort and Cohen. It would behoove you to read next time before you respond to what the voices in your head tell you I posted.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is rich, what laws did Barack Obama break?

Well, let's see:

Fast and Furious
He circumvented Congress at least a dozen times
Arming the Syrian opposition
Weaponizing the IRS
His "green energy" payoffs to cronies
Violating campaign laws on numerous occasions
And, oh yeah, spied on the Trump campaign (a la Watergate)

Need more? Cause I got more.

Ever hear of James Rosen?

Midnightrider

Are you hallucinating?

I said right in my very first sentence that nobody cares about Manafort and Cohen. It would behoove you to read next time before you respond to what the voices in your head tell you I posted.
If there is nothing else then they do care about manafort and Cohen. If there are larger crimes that’s what The DOJ is after.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If there is nothing else then they do care about manafort and Cohen. If there are larger crimes that’s what The DOJ is after.

I'm surprised at you so-called "liberals". Normally how it works is that there is evidence of a crime, and it gets investigated. Our judicial system isn't supposed to go looking for crimes and dig until they find one.

Let's say federal investigators show up on your doorstep, demanding to go through your home and communications, because someone told them you did something bad, even though there was no evidence, only accusation. Or better yet, let's say they come shake you down because they suspect you of growing pot in your back yard, and in their digging they don't find any pot, but they do find an unpaid parking ticket from 10 years ago, and jail you until they can bring you to trial for it.

How about then? Is that how you think our system is supposed to work?

MiddleGround

Are you hallucinating?

Pretty sure Chris was pointing out your hypocrisy that you often say "don't want to go to jail, don't break the law" however, in this case (and because it does not align with your current beliefs) you conveniently forget about that mantra :whistle:

stgislander

PREMO Member
Let me remind you that all this sits squarely on the shoulders of everyone who has elected these people over the last few decades. We have this government solely because we, the people, made it so. "We" don't want someone who fights for liberty for everyone. "We" don't want someone who worries about the deficit. "We" want someone to "tell it like it is" and all the transgressions that come with it. "We" want someone willing to strip away basic tenants of our Constitution in the name of safety. "We" want a government-mandated healthcare system. "We" chose to give the government the power they have. "We" no longer exist to curtail the powers of the government. The basic foundation of this country should never have gotten us here, but it did, only because we made it so.

:yay:

Sapidus

Well, let's see:

Fast and Furious
He circumvented Congress at least a dozen times
Arming the Syrian opposition
Weaponizing the IRS Lie
His "green energy" payoffs to cronies Mistruth yet you have no problem with Trump propping up the coal industry for his cronies?
Violating campaign laws on numerous occasions His campaign did that and paid a fine

And, oh yeah, spied on the Trump campaign (a la Watergate) Another lie

Need more? Cause I got more.

Ever hear of James Rosen?

More lies from you or just parroting what Fox tells you.

You know who idd make secret recordings of Trump? Cohen and Omarosa. Not Obama

But keep believing a lying criminal cheeto over the advice of our countries intelligence agencies

Sapidus

I'm surprised at you so-called "liberals". Normally how it works is that there is evidence of a crime, and it gets investigated. Our judicial system isn't supposed to go looking for crimes and dig until they find one.

Let's say federal investigators show up on your doorstep, demanding to go through your home and communications, because someone told them you did something bad, even though there was no evidence, only accusation. Or better yet, let's say they come shake you down because they suspect you of growing pot in your back yard, and in their digging they don't find any pot, but they do find an unpaid parking ticket from 10 years ago, and jail you until they can bring you to trial for it.

How about then? Is that how you think our system is supposed to work?

Don't want to go to jail don't commit a crime - VrailBlonde (unless you are one of Trumps inner circle)

SamSpade

Violating campaign laws on numerous occasions His campaign did that and paid a fine

Exactly - that's typically how it is handled. Obama broke the law - paid it back - paid a fine.
He did not face numerous life sentences and face a daily pillory in the press.

Apparently in Bill's notes there was a line for budgeting for violations of campaign laws, where Bill famously wrote in the margin "Ugh!".
Campaign laws are often violated, because even when you TRY to follow them, you're going to make mistakes, and a smart
candidate budgets for them. They do not become national "scandals" and presumed connections to Russian collusion.

Sapidus

Exactly - that's typically how it is handled. Obama broke the law - paid it back - paid a fine.
He did not face numerous life sentences and face a daily pillory in the press.

Apparently in Bill's notes there was a line for budgeting for violations of campaign laws, where Bill famously wrote in the margin "Ugh!".
Campaign laws are often violated, because even when you TRY to follow them, you're going to make mistakes, and a smart
candidate budgets for them. They do not become national "scandals" and presumed connections to Russian collusion.

That is exactly what Trump has been tweeting to make you believe in a false equivalence
but the difference is Cohen and Trump set out to violate the law expressly.
Here is an article that will make it clear

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ama-is-entirely-wrong/?utm_term=.b9d46b9c2531

Chris0nllyn

Are you hallucinating?

I read it. Perhaps next time you can choose to respond to all of my post instead of the cherry-picked portion you personally don't agree with.

If no one cared, it wouldn't be news. You can pretend that this isn't a big deal and the only reason it's in the news is because it's some deep-state progbot ploy to unseat duly-elected Trump. I think if the roles were reversed and it were a Democrat in office, this forum would explode with rage about how corrupt and crony the President and the Democratic party is.

Partisan tribal politics is what you all want and preach and get all pissy when it happens.

Sapidus

Sorry, can't read it - you'll have to use your own words.

I did already.

Cohen and Trump colluded to break federal election and campaign finance law. We have the audio

In your example Clinton budgeted for the possibility of breaking the law and the ensuing fine

Those are entirely different.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I read it. Perhaps next time you can choose to respond to all of my post instead of the cherry-picked portion you personally don't agree with.

When you start off with lies or hallucinations, I see no need to keep reading. Hell, you didn't even read the first freaking sentence of my post before you "responded to it".

Sapidus

what audio is that, you of course have a link to the transcripts ... not the fantasies in your head

Sorry semantics police. The audio exists

Does that make it more or less criminal if its written down instead of listening to it on tape?