Marlow Heights 60s and 70s Newsletter, 2 Jan 2011

OldHillcrestGuy

Do you mean at the ticket office inside Hecht's? I know a lot of people bought concert tickets there, but I think their was a Ticketron outlet in Montgomery Wards or in Iverson Mall. As for the pet shop, I think that might have been Doktor Pet Center in Iverson Mall.

Yes there was a ticket office at Montgomery Wards, thats where I had my first job working in the cash office, when Wards first started the tickets sales they sold them at the cash office. It was a pretty good benefit for me got free tickets to everything that we sold tickets to. My most memorable free tickets were to see Jimi Hendrix :larry: perform at the Hilton Hotel in DC. Was right at the edge of the stage.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I have the fondest memories of Hillcrest Heights & Marlow Heights. It's a crying shame to see what the old neighborhood was turned into. I drove through there the week before Christmas and it was pretty sad...a far cry from when I lived there.

My parents bought the house new in 1956 and there were still dirt lots near our home when we moved in. I lived in the corner duplex at 27th Ave & Kenton Place (the one attached to "MJ's" house). I was good friends with her family but she didn't know me because her folks moved out right after she was born. I used to play football at Stoddert; a block from my house

aliceheimer

Yes there was a ticket office at Montgomery Wards, thats where I had my first job working in the cash office, when Wards first started the tickets sales they sold them at the cash office. It was a pretty good benefit for me got free tickets to everything that we sold tickets to. My most memorable free tickets were to see Jimi Hendrix :larry: perform at the Hilton Hotel in DC. Was right at the edge of the stage.

Haha:lmao: I worked in the cash office at Mongomery Ward in 1978. Didn't get my tickets free but had first dibs at good seats!

gemma_rae

Haha:lmao: I worked in the cash office at Mongomery Ward in 1978. Didn't get my tickets free but had first dibs at good seats!

I remember that. Who was the dink that got fired for stealing out of the cash box? I think it was Phyllis something. Heard she died a couple years ago from syphilis. Swallowed some bad meat and didn't have health insurance. Sad.