Metrocast Cable

false alarm at the MetroCast building. Guess the keyholder will just turn around and go back home now. Thought maybe, they could have checked out the main switches or something. Ain't monopolies great!!!!

Typing_Mom

Opposite problem here in King George. Metrocast internet is up, cable has been down for at least an hour.

Tried calling the 24 hr # and all I've gotten is a busy signal.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
How are you guys online? I have to use the AT&T connection on my iPad because my cable internet is out, too.

iPhones are SOOO first decade.. Catch up with the times..

The cool kids all have Droids and internet access is FREE!!

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
:pete:I didn't get the pamphlet but I was emailed a link to their new MetroCast High Speed Internet Acceptable Use Policy: MetroCast High Speed Internet Acceptable Use Policy.

Excessive Bandwidth Consumption
High-speed bandwidth and network resources are not unlimited. Managing MetroCast's network is essential as MetroCast works to promote the use and enjoyment of the Internet by our customers. As explained above, the Service is for recreational, residential and personal use. MetroCast has established a monthly bandwidth usage limit per Service account. Service usage may not exceed the following limits for each type of subscriber account:

MetroCast Subscriber Account:
MetroCast Access 25GB
MetroCast High Speed Basic 100GB
MetroCast High Speed 250GB
MetroCast Gamer Monthly Bandwidth Usage Limit 350GB

Of course there are some fairly draconian penalties (including account cancellation or upgrading to an expensive commercial plan) for excessive usage. There is apparently no tool or any other way to tell how much you've used throughout the month, so you won't know until it's too late to do anything about it. 250GB seems like a lot but it goes pretty fast when you throw in NETFLIX instant streaming, Internet Phone Service, gaming machines, etc.

If they are going to enforce these new limits it seems like the right thing to do would be for them to provide some way to measure your usage. It would be awful if every subscriber had to call customer service ever day to find out how much internet they've used.

when did this happen i just have Internet with them and was never told about this..and my bill is always the same

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Opposite problem here in King George. Metrocast internet is up, cable has been down for at least an hour.

Tried calling the 24 hr # and all I've gotten is a busy signal.

same here... i got them on the phone and they said that all of VA and MD was out internet wise.