Metrocast Cable

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Did anyone find out what's really going on? I don't want to call them and be on hold for an hour to find out. We're still up on internet and that's all we have through them.

Did anyone find out what's really going on? I don't want to call them and be on hold for an hour to find out. We're still up on internet and that's all we have through them.
Both our TV and internet are up. If your internet is up and all you have with them is internet... why do you need to call?

BTW... we received an email from our California, MD home office saying that an ISP issued occurred last night that knocked out our company email availability as well as other services in the county including the local cable provider. If that's true... you can't blame that on Metrocast.

Last edited:

BernieP

Resident PIA
Franchise Fee: 4.67

What exactly is the Franchise Fee for?
It's what they pay the county so they have the sole rights.

I'm suprised they didn't already have a policy on bandwith use. I know a few years back a satelite provider had a similiar policy, if you exceeded certain thresholds it first downrated the transmission speed.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have both TV and internet, so apparently whatever problem is not affecting this neck of the woods.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Both our TV and internet are up. If your internet is up and all you have with them is internet... why do you need to call?

BTW... we received an email from our California, MD home office saying that an ISP issued occurred last night that knocked out our company email availability as well as other services in the county including the local cable provider. If that's true... you can't blame that on Metrocast.
Because I want the time the internet was out to be credited to my account and I want to know the real reason it happened so I can state my case properly.

tomtom

The other night when the cable was out(monday night?), I was out on cable and internet, not sure exactly how long, but it was around 2 hours. I tried to call Metrocast as well, and every number I tried(tried 3 different numbers), all I got was a busy signal. I do know they had a fire alarm at one of their buildings, I am assuming maybe the services shut down when the fire alarm activated? Don't really have any idea, but that is my guess.

thistle

I called the internet tech support number (877-817-8002) yesterday for a separate reason and the line played a recorded message saying that there was a commercial power outage in Maryland last night (Monday) and that if you're having internet issues unplug your router for 30 seconds and plug it back in.

C

CUBuff

It's what they pay the county so they have the sole rights.

So you're saying that we pay for Metrocast's monopoly fee for them. In other words, we're the one's paying to keep out the competition. Gotta love the way these county telephone and cable franchises work.

Floyd2004

-Void-
MetroCast Subscriber Account:
MetroCast Access 25GB
MetroCast High Speed Basic 100GB
MetroCast High Speed 250GB
MetroCast Gamer Monthly Bandwidth Usage Limit 350GB

Haha I KNOW I use more than 250gigs a month and I havent been pinged yet. I think my DL is something like 1TB for last month. Games, streaming movies and gaming consoles for 4 people just about all day.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
So you're saying that we pay for Metrocast's monopoly fee for them. In other words, we're the one's paying to keep out the competition. Gotta love the way these county telephone and cable franchises work.

Duuuuhhhhhh. YOU pay all the taxes and fees for EVERY business you patronize.