Mission BBQ

Hank

my war
My only complaint is that it's a bit pricey - I had a 1/4 lb of brisket, 2 spare ribs, a small side of corn, and a soda: $13. But that's still doable.

I think ribs are the benchmark of a BBQ restaurant because they're so easy to screw up. The spares were delectable - falling off the bone but still chewy, and quite flavorful.

When are you going to apply for a Mission franchise? :tap:

Danzig

Yummy!

The only negative thing that I could comment on was the noise level. A bit noisy, but not so loud that it prevented normal table conversation.

Right Vrai? :roflmao:

I know, I couldn't hear a damn thing you and Vrai were talking about, and I was one table over. Next time speak up.

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
Here's a thought, I wonder if they could talk to the museum about occasionally putting something on display, that might be cool. I'm sure the museum has more stuff than they have room to display, and it would raise the museums visibility a bit, perhaps.

Dang good idea!!

glhs837

Power with Control
Went today, and would have mentioned that to the owner, but he seemed pretty busy, pulled pork was great, with and without sauce. He does need to talk to Carlos and get the name of Carlos's acoustical engineer. Place was pretty load, about as loud as the RD was when it first opened. Some properly placed baffling panels should quiet it right down. Love the Craftsman Toolbox O' Condiments:)

Serving staff were on top of things.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Went today, and would have mentioned that to the owner, but he seemed pretty busy, pulled pork was great, with and without sauce. He does need to talk to Carlos and get the name of Carlos's acoustical engineer. Place was pretty load, about as loud as the RD was when it first opened. Some properly placed baffling panels should quiet it right down. Love the Craftsman Toolbox O' Condiments:)

Serving staff were on top of things.

My Intelligent and Beautiful wife and I talked about this yesterday when we were sitting in there.. this may be part of their business plan.

You get in, eat and get out. No lingering like Panera Bread, nobody taking up tables with business meetings. If you depend on large turnover for your profit do you want it to be TOO quiet and comfortable??

You are NOT going to meet with your insurance agent or stock broker there, nor are you going to do interviews there. At least I wouldn't.

glhs837

Power with Control
My Intelligent and Beautiful wife and I talked about this yesterday when we were sitting in there.. this may be part of their business plan.

You get in, eat and get out. No lingering like Panera Bread, nobody taking up tables with business meetings. If you depend on large turnover for your profit do you want it to be TOO quiet and comfortable??

You are NOT going to meet with your insurance agent or stock broker there, nor are you going to do interviews there. At least I wouldn't.

Could be, but I'll go with a variant of the saying about not attributing to malice what can be explained by stupidity, in this case don't attribute to intelligent choice what can be explained by ignorance. I think that they simply didnt expect the echo chamber effect brought on by the high unfinished ceiling.

Geek

More turkey in my mouth

This place was INSANE! I just had the best turkey I've ever put in my mouth there. I wish I had more mouths to eat more turkey. At our table we had the brisket and chicken too. It was a meat wonderland. And it is by far the best theme of a restaurant ever. Loved it. And BEER! And sauces at the table. Sweet baby Jesus. If you haven't been you should totally go. So thrilled I really can't wait to take my parents there. We are a very patriotic family and I know they will for sure be excited. :geek: stamp of approval.
:patriot:

Last edited: