Mission BBQ

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Looks like something we could agree to disagree on :shrug:

No, damn it! I want to disagree to disagree! :mad:

:lol:

I'm okay with non-pit BBQ. I'll eat Famous Dave's (chain alert!! :cds:)and Mission is a cut or two above that. However if someone opened up a real pit BBQ place like the ones they have all over TX, I would be their best customer.

However, this should only be done in a well-ventilated area to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
I know my smoker instructions were quite vehement that I should only use the smoker in a well-ventilated area. So I'm kind of wondering about the ovens at Mission that are right there inside the building. They obviously vent outside, but if they were actually smoking in those ovens you would smell smoke all over San Souci. You should smell the BBQ joint long before you see it if they are smoking on premises.

bulldog

No, damn it! I want to disagree to disagree! :mad:

:lol:

I'm okay with non-pit BBQ. I'll eat Famous Dave's (chain alert!! :cds:)and Mission is a cut or two above that. However if someone opened up a real pit BBQ place like the ones they have all over TX, I would be their best customer.

I know my smoker instructions were quite vehement that I should only use the smoker in a well-ventilated area. So I'm kind of wondering about the ovens at Mission that are right there inside the building. They obviously vent outside, but if they were actually smoking in those ovens you would smell smoke all over San Souci. You should smell the BBQ joint long before you see it if they are smoking on premises.

Going there tomorrow and will ask about the process and lack of yummy smelling smoke on 235.

Geek

Ate there again. It was insanely good again. I don't care if they cook it in a microwave shaped like a smoker. :buddies: The damn cornbread makes me want to growl like a bear and eat it with my feet. I need to not go for a while so I don't get sick of it. :geek: It does shoot through you pretty quick though (which is a real ear marker of good southern cooking) Like my Mama always said down the hatch and then #### your brains out. Oh, wait I'm from NY. hehe

Ate there again. It was insanely good again. I don't care if they cook it in a microwave shaped like a smoker. :buddies: The damn cornbread makes me want to growl like a bear and eat it with my feet. I need to not go for a while so I don't get sick of it. :geek: It does shoot through you pretty quick though (which is a real ear marker of good southern cooking) Like my Mama always said down the hatch and then #### your brains out. Oh, wait I'm from NY. hehe

:lol: Just don't have that southern constitution, huh?

What part of NY?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

I love you Geek, but that is not an earmark of good Southern Cooking. The goal of good Southern cooking is being able to stick to your ribs for quite a while.

Geek

I love you Geek, but that is not an earmark of good Southern Cooking. The goal of good Southern cooking is being able to stick to your ribs for quite a while.

You cook for me and see if you can plug me up baby!!

The traffic in LI still makes me want to cry.

Going up next week. I just close my eyes and throttle thru like everyone else. Leaving here at 2am helps alot too.

Need to restock my bagels, semolina bread and pizza....

Geek

Going up next week. I just close my eyes and throttle thru like everyone else. Leaving here at 2am helps alot too.

Need to restock my bagels, semolina bread and pizza....

Now you are making me cry. Mmmmmmmmm

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Went last night for the first time after 8pm. No line, very nice staff, clean and I loved the military/public safety theme they have. I had the 3 meat plate with brisket, pulled pork and half a chicken. It was very delish and reminded me of Rudy's in TX. I will be going back!