MOD Pizza coming soon !

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I wish we had a Mod or Blaze near Naples. I would take my sweetie there for Valentine's Day.

wubbles

Tried it today. So glad they offer asiago. Almost nothing is better after crisping up in the oven. Damn this was good for 8 bucks and I have lunch for tomorrow.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Tomato sauce and other toppings on a large square ritz cracker does not a pizza make. I'm not even sure there's yeast in their crust! How do they dare call that a pizza?

To each his own and all that. Isn’t that what you preach? :smile:

RPMDAD

It is not what we grew up with back in western Massachusetts, but my wife and I like "Mom and Pop's."

Back home we had a choice of Italian, Sicilian, Neapolitan and Greek pizzerias.

When i lived in Gardner Mass. back in the late 70's i don't ever remember eating in any kind of chain pizza or sub shop, they were all locally owned Mom and Pop shops.
They used to make the best steak and cheese grinders in Mass.

OldHillcrestGuy

Tried it today. So glad they offer asiago. Almost nothing is better after crisping up in the oven. Damn this was good for 8 bucks and I have lunch for tomorrow.

Also tired it yesterday evening around 5:30pm, got there seconds before the line grew long, 2 thumbs up. We had our pizza's within minutes.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
When i lived in Gardner Mass. back in the late 70's i don't ever remember eating in any kind of chain pizza or sub shop, they were all locally owned Mom and Pop shops.
They used to make the best steak and cheese grinders in Mass.

I grew up in the Springfield area.
I don't remember any chain pizza places surviving until the mid 80's - early 90's.
Majority of joints are still local mom and pops.

dilligaf.

Stopped there today. On the plus side, it tastes good. Quality ingredients. One price, unlimited toppings. Prepared "assembly line" style like Subway, you just tell them what you want on it. Lots and lots of choices. Even drips with oil.

On the down side, I'm not a big fan of very thin crispy cracker crusts. Prefer the yeasty crust of a NY style.

you can pay extra at Mod and get a thicker crust. Not as good as nice yeasty NY crust but its not a crispy cracker either when you double the crust.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I love a thin crust. Tonight we went to Palumbo's Pizzeria here in Naples - turns out the owner is from Belleville, NJ, which is Monello's home town, and went to school with his younger sisters. Small world. Anyway, their pizza crust was straight up. Light, but crispy, nice toppings. I'm always sad about pizzas with great crust because I know that's the best that pizza will ever be, and the leftovers will be ruined in the fridge. Monello had a Sicilian style with eggplant and it was more of a deep-dish crust, but still that very light yet crispy. Mine was a special with hot cherry peppers, onions, garlic, and meatballs.

We're 00 flour snobs when it comes to pizza crust.

Starman

I love a thin crust. Tonight we went to Palumbo's Pizzeria here in Naples - turns out the owner is from Belleville, NJ, which is Monello's home town, and went to school with his younger sisters. Small world. Anyway, their pizza crust was straight up. Light, but crispy, nice toppings. I'm always sad about pizzas with great crust because I know that's the best that pizza will ever be, and the leftovers will be ruined in the fridge. Monello had a Sicilian style with eggplant and it was more of a deep-dish crust, but still that very light yet crispy. Mine was a special with hot cherry peppers, onions, garlic, and meatballs.

We're 00 flour snobs when it comes to pizza crust.

And better be cold fermented for at least 72 hours, else it ain't pizza.

A re-visit. Requested the thick crust like suggested. Made it better, to me anyway. Of all the "fast" pizza places around here, MOD is on the top of the list. Still not a NY pie, but we're not in NY, are we?

OldHillcrestGuy

A re-visit. Requested the thick crust like suggested. Made it better, to me anyway. Of all the "fast" pizza places around here, MOD is on the top of the list. Still not a NY pie, but we're not in NY, are we?

:drool: Ive only been once, but I thought it was pretty good. Don't always get down south as we call it here in Northern St. Mary's, I would go back for sure.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There's a guy who rolls around this area setting up at the numerous festivals with a brick pizza oven and DAMN is it good. Light My Fire pizza truck. Yum.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

We tried it today and were pleasantly surprised. We each got the personal mini pizza's, so he could have his anchovy ickies. :lol: