Mom Arrested for Washing Kid's Mouth With Soap

Pandora

How stupid. I had a bar of soap in my mouth before..oh look im alive. I was talking back..not cursing. SO the kid vomited..so what? My dad made me eat peppers and onions when I was little..even though I hated them (still do..yuck) and I sometimes threw up..kids can do that easily..I dont think it was a big deall the parents should be applauded for actually doing something to try to curb bad behavior.

nation of wimps. thats what I always say. raising a nation of wimps.

My dad made me eat like 5 cigarettes once. He grabbed a handful and shoved them in my mouth after he caught me smoking. It really worked, I never smoked again. :liar:

Now, I have never had my mouth washed out with soap, but I guarantee it wasn't because I didn't deserve it. My dad just preferred to use duct tape. :shrug:

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Maybe not, but it shouldn't rise to the level of arrest or prosecution. That is my point. I personally think it's a fine form of punishment, as I have seen it done to countless number of kids. I don't believe the mother intended to cause injury to her child.

What our parents and their parents did to us and them isn't necessarily a great idea nowadays. It's time to rethink what we do and how we do it as far as it goes for raising our children, each day it's a different world.
I remember riding in the back of the suburban, no seat belt, just rollin around with every corner, every turn, that was fun until you bit your tongue. I remember taking baby aspirin, now you can't because of Reye's syndrome. What about lead based paint that once covered toys, cribs and other baby furniture?
What it comes down to is patience, it doesn't require a simple pop on the hand or swat on the back of head, or in this case a bar of soap in the mouth, chewing.... for 10 minutes. Parenting isn't a hobby, it's a full time job not to be taken lightly.

My dad made me eat like 5 cigarettes once. He grabbed a handful and shoved them in my mouth after he caught me smoking. It really worked, I never smoked again. :liar:

Now, I have never had my mouth washed out with soap, but I guarantee it wasn't because I didn't deserve it. My dad just preferred to use duct tape. :shrug:

Yet another wonderful use of duct tape :lmao:

eddy1

What our parents and their parents did to us and them isn't necessarily a great idea nowadays. It's time to rethink what we do and how we do it as far as it goes for raising our children, each day it's a different world.
I remember riding in the back of the suburban, no seat belt, just rollin around with every corner, every turn, that was fun until you bit your tongue. I remember taking baby aspirin, now you can't because of Reye's syndrome. What about lead based paint that once covered toys, cribs and other baby furniture?
What it comes down to is patience, it doesn't require a simple pop on the hand or swat on the back of head, or in this case a bar of soap in the mouth, chewing.... for 10 minutes. Parenting isn't a hobby, it's a full time job not to be taken lightly.

Who is saying these parents are taking their responsibility lightly? Soap in the mouth has been used fine for plenty of kids. A woman had a reaction to the flu shot recently. Are you going to suggest that we stop using flu shots? The kid had a reaction, the parents did the right thing and got her to the hospital. Tell me why they should be arrested or prosecuted?

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Who is saying these parents are taking their responsibility lightly? Soap in the mouth has been used fine for plenty of kids. A woman had a reaction to the flu shot recently. Are you going to suggest that we stop using flu shots? The kid had a reaction, the parents did the right thing and got her to the hospital. Tell me why they should be arrested or prosecuted?

They should be made to take parenting classes.

xobxdoc

Parenting classes will straighten them out.
I was court ordered to parenting classes the day I was awarded full custody of my son. Those classes are a joke. Just another way for the government to intrude in your life.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
They should be made to take parenting classes.

Shiyt, if I ever have kids I'm running their little lives like a Marine Corps boot camp. If the government wants to raise children, we might as well go the way of the Hitler Youth camps instead of sniveling undisciplined disrespectful "all about me" brats.

C

CalvertNewbie

:barf: A mouthful of cigarettes???!!! Guess he got his point across but that's freaken nasty, lol.

My parents never used the soap on my brother and I. Tabasco sauce did the trick. Oh, such fond memories. :lol:

D

dems4me

Soap :barf: Thats just gross. Happened to me once, then I spent the next 10 minutes trying to get it out of my teeth. Toothbrush just made it into a bit of a lather. :barf: I couldn't get all of it and its taste out of my mouth for a while :barf: I deserved it though :yay: :lol:

D

dems4me

I got the belt too and would get beat more for peeing, it ruins the floor. I think I preferred the soap to the belt any day. :lol:

Pandora

My dad (a former Marine and police officer) pulled my pants down and gave me the belt in the front yard in front of all my friends... top that... :neener:

morningbell

hmmmmmm
My parents were more of the lecture-to-death type. :lol: We did get a few spankings. I think the lectures were worse. :lol:

My upbringing was like that.... I don't remember getting hit as much as lecture... When my parents split I was well behaved, I lived with my mom and there was no way I wanted to be away from her. I think the guilt of behaving badly was enough to keep me out of trouble.