More 'Stand your ground' in Florida.

black dog

Free America
Actually, you see in the video that the aggressor, McGlockton, backed off when seeing the gun. He is not the aggressor. Drejka was when he started the parking confrontation; which he was known to do in prior instances. It is so ironic that the deceased man has ‘glock’ as part of his last name. RIP.

My response to you, standing 5 ft or so away from a car having a conversation in a parking lot is not being anywhere close to being agressive or is it assault. When the agressor came out of the store and put his hands on the man and knocked him down was the beginning of the assault. The shooter ended it with a single shot. There was no reason for for the husband to put his hands on another person.
He assaulted the man talking to his wife and he died because of his actions.

littlelady

God bless the USA
My response to you, standing 5 ft or so away from a car having a conversation in a parking lot is not being anywhere close to being agressive or is it assault. When the agressor came out of the store and put his hands on the man and knocked him down was the beginning of the assault. The shooter ended it with a single shot. There was no reason for for the husband to put his hands on another person.
He assaulted the man talking to his wife and he died because of his actions.

Wow. There was no reason for the shooting. The man that is dead was unarmed; unless the candy bar he just purchased for his son looked like a gun.

Also, the shooter was ranting at the wife. It wasn’t like he was having a casual convo with her about the weather.

Last edited:

22AcaciaAve

Ahhhhhh, Millennials. The agressor was the dead man, and he assaulted the wrong man.
The logical response to being assulted is to stop the assault. Once shot in the chest the agressor ran away, leaking vital fluid.

If you're calling me a millennial, you are way off. The initial aggressor here was the freaking idiot who made it his business to confront someone over a stupid handicap parking spot violation. But you are right about the deceased making the mistake of not keeping his hands to himself. If you choose to physically handle the situation, you need to eliminate the threat for this very reason. Instead of shoving him and simply backing away, he should have driven him to the ground and slammed his head against the parking lot as hard as he could. As big as he was, he would have at least knocked him out, maybe even killed him. He then could have used the stand your ground defense since the guy was armed and the video clearly shows him confronting the deceased's wife. If you're going to escalate the situation, you better be willing to go the distance and take the other guy out. If not, you may end up dead like this guy did.

black dog

Free America
Wow. There was no reason for the shooting. The man that is dead was unarmed. Period.

When the husband put his hands on the man and knocked him down in the parking lot is was assault. It's as simple as that.
I can't help you understand that you can't put your hands on folks.

black dog

Free America
If you're calling me a millennial, you are way off. The initial aggressor here was the freaking idiot who made it his business to confront someone over a stupid handicap parking spot violation. But you are right about the deceased making the mistake of not keeping his hands to himself. If you choose to physically handle the situation, you need to eliminate the threat for this very reason. Instead of shoving him and simply backing away, he should have driven him to the ground and slammed his head against the parking lot as hard as he could. As big as he was, he would have at least knocked him out, maybe even killed him. He then could have used the stand your ground defense since the guy was armed and the video clearly shows him confronting the deceased's wife. If you're going to escalate the situation, you better be willing to go the distance and take the other guy out. If not, you may end up dead like this guy did.

Show me where the man talking to the woman was being agressive and assaulted the woman?
. And I find it strange that you are ok with a man beating someone to death that's having a conversation in a parking lot..
The agressive behavior started with the husband putting his hands on the man talking to his wife.
He didn't know the man was armed until he had already assaulted the man..
Once he had pushed him and the man traveled a few feet in the air and pulled out Rosco, it was to late. He died because he viciously assaulted that man..

If the shooter actually had been the agressor most likely it would have turned out differently with the shooter being arrested.

littlelady

God bless the USA
When the husband put his hands on the man and knocked him down in the parking lot is was assault. It's as simple as that.
I can't help you understand that you can't put your hands on folks.

I was going to edit because I was thinking more about your response, but since you responded, again, here you go. You give gun owners a bad name if you think this shooting is justified. What happened to the good ole fist fight? If people are going to start shooting each other because they can because of a carry permit, then the writing is on the wall. Bullies with guns is not a great scenario. You are one of them. I like your sig. :smile:

Also, what if someone parks in a space by mistake, or as mentioned just for a few minutes. I am guilty of parking in the fire lane for a few minutes while hub runs in the store for a few
things; and the car can be moved, if necessary. In all my time here, I would identify you more as a snowflake, even though you love to tout yourself as a Marine. Just an observation.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
I was going to edit because I was thinking more about your response, but since you responded, again, here you go. You give gun owners a bad name if you think this shooting is justified. What happened to the good ole fist fight? If people are going to start shooting each other because they can because of a carry permit, then the writing is on the wall. Bullies with guns is not a great scenario. You are one of them. I like your sig. :smile:

You have no idea what you are talking about. If Super Shoes was talking to my bestie about her parking in a handi spot and I walked out of a store and pushed him hard enough to move him multiple feet and knock him down in the parking lot, one should expect a response from the person I just assaulted. And that easily might come as a armed response.
You've never carried a firearm, this incident right here is a huge reason that folks carry a firearm. To response with when being robbed, attacked, assaulted and other reasons.
When one puts his hands on someone, expect a response.
And lady, I've carried a firearm for better that 35 years, I have more education along with classes and range time... And if you think that just because someone has a carry permit it gives the the right to break the law you need to brush up on the law.
You might want to go and research how law abiding gun owners that carry really are.
It's not like any of us legal permit folks are convicted felons.

And I'll clue you in on a simple fact, there are no rules on the street.
This dumb ass brought his hands to a gun fight.

littlelady

God bless the USA
O
You have no idea what you are talking about. If Super Shoes was talking to my bestie about her parking in a handi spot and I walked out of a store and pushed him hard enough to move him multiple feet and knock him down in the parking lot, one should expect a response from the person I just assaulted. And that easily might come as a armed response.
You've never carried a firearm, this incident right here is a huge reason that folks carry a firearm. To response with when being robbed, attacked, assaulted and other reasons.
When one puts his hands on someone, expect a response.
And lady, I've carried a firearm for better that 35 years, I have more education along with classes and range time... And if you think that just because someone has a carry permit it gives the the right to break the law you need to brush up on the law.
You might want to go and research how law abiding gun owners that carry really are.
It's not like any of us legal permit folks are convicted felons.

And I'll clue you in on a simple fact, there are no rules on the street.
This dumb ass brought his hands to a gun fight.

:roflmao: Thank you for the late night laugh! I promote you to two hoots. You are welcome.

And, actually, I have thought about if we get assaulted on our own private property, and we are well armed for that, but this story is not that. And, should be a lesson for every American going about their daily biz. The crazies are out there, and you are one of them. I know you carry which is great because you don’t live in dumbass MD, but to say the shooter was justified in what he did is straight out lunacy.

And, why do you involve your dumb nickname for my ultra runner Marine hub into this discussion? What sense does that make? Just wondering. Here is the link to MURCA.
https://marineultrarunners.com/murcaroy/. He is my husband, and I am so proud of him. And, he coached softball and baseball at Calvert/Patuxent HS, and coached a baseball traveling team called The Heat.

Oohrah and all that. You need to get a grip on your hypocrisy. Just looking out for you. You don’t want to mess with my hub. Actually, you should be his bro in arms, but, for some reason, you make fun of him. Thanks for proving my point about you. Now, with my help, you might be able to get it together. You’re welcome. In other words, shut up. Thank you.

Also, your argument on this shooting is dumb and moot. And, yes, I took the opportunity to brag about my hub, but you opened the door to that. Thanks, again.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A bunch of wrongs, no right.

Don't park in a freaking handicapped spot if you're not entitled to do so.

Don't attack people who do park in a HDC spot.

Don't shoot their boyfriend when he comes out to chill your ass out.

Drejka was not standing his ground, he was the aggressor.

The store owner tells ABC Action News that Drejka has a history of assaulting people in the very parking lot the shooting took place. A man who frequents the store told ABC Action News he had a run-in with the man who opened fire just one month ago. Rich Kelly says the man picked a fight with him over a parking spot, using racial slurs, and even threatening to kill him. Now, a month later, a similar case, ending with a father killed in front of his 5-year-old son.

It's bull#### that he wasn't charged.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If Super Shoes was talking to my bestie about her parking in a handi spot

Except that's not what happened, and apparently this guy has a history of assaulting people.

The store owner tells ABC Action News that Drejka has a history of assaulting people in the very parking lot the shooting took place. A man who frequents the store told ABC Action News he had a run-in with the man who opened fire just one month ago. Rich Kelly says the man picked a fight with him over a parking spot, using racial slurs, and even threatening to kill him. Now, a month later, a similar case, ending with a father killed in front of his 5-year-old son.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It makes no difference in this case what he has done in the past, if this man was a habitual problem at this man's business he should have tresspassed him and if he came on the property after that he would he arrested. Easy peasy..

And as far as saying something to folks that park in handicapped spots it should he the norm to say something about using them when your not a handi.

Well, you're wrong, so get over it.

22AcaciaAve

Show me where the man talking to the woman was being agressive and assaulted the woman?
. And I find it strange that you are ok with a man beating someone to death that's having a conversation in a parking lot..
The agressive behavior started with the husband putting his hands on the man talking to his wife.
He didn't know the man was armed until he had already assaulted the man..
Once he had pushed him and the man traveled a few feet in the air and pulled out Rosco, it was to late. He died because he viciously assaulted that man..

If the shooter actually had been the agressor most likely it would have turned out differently with the shooter being arrested.

I never said the man assaulted the deceased's wife. But he confronted her over a parking space. What business was that of his? Was he a cop, security guard, or even an employee of the convenience store? No. If he was so concerned about the handicap violation he should have called the cops. He had no business confronting anyone about that as he had no authority. And he didn't travel through the air, he got pushed and went down. I've been pushed harder trying to get through the doors of the Capital Center in the 80's for a general admission Van Halen concert. But I agree with you that when the deceased pushed him it escalated the situation and put the shooter on the defensive. Which is why I said if you are going to choose to physically address the situation, you better eliminate the threat. These days you don't know who is carrying. I'm all for the right to carry and defend yourself when needed. But seriously, this guy didn't need to fire. While I can't get inside of his head, it didn't look like he was in any real imminent danger. And if he is that fragile and afraid, then maybe don't go shooting your mouth off at someone over a stupid parking violation.

black dog

Free America
A bunch of wrongs, no right.

Don't park in a freaking handicapped spot if you're not entitled to do so.

Don't attack people who do park in a HDC spot.

Don't shoot their boyfriend when he comes out to chill your ass out.

Drejka was not standing his ground, he was the aggressor.

It's bull#### that he wasn't charged.

Why do you always change the narrative and then come up with your conclusion?

Show when the shooter attacked the woman parked in the wrong?

And why shouldn't folks point out when someone parks where they shouldn't?

The video clearly shows the boyfriend was the agressor and assaulted the man talking to the woman in the wrong.

black dog

Free America
Except that's not what happened, and apparently this guy has a history of assaulting people.

A person's history has nothing to do with what happened that day. Nothing..
Just because you feel it should doesn't make it law or that he was wrong that day.

black dog

Free America
Well, you're wrong, so get over it.

Nope, not true... I would bet that if Monello was talking to someone that parked incorrectly and the boyfriend walked out of s store and violently shoved monnello and knowcded him down and I was walking by and I injected into monnello being assaulted by shooting the enraged boyfriend you and monnello would be really happy monnello had not been stomped into the ground by a man 20 years younger or beat to death.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
A person's history has nothing to do with what happened that day. Nothing..
Just because you feel it should doesn't make it law or that he was wrong that day.

Your reply to Vrai is total horse poop. Of course, a person’s history has everything to do with it. This guy is a good example. He had, previously, caused problems in that establishment. Why are you holding him up as some kind of hero?

littlelady

God bless the USA
Nope, not true... I would bet that if Monello was talking to someone that parked incorrectly and the boyfriend walked out of s store and violently shoved monnello and knowcded him down and I was walking by and I injected into monnello being assaulted by shooting the enraged boyfriend you and monnello would be really happy monnello had not been stopped into the ground by a man 20 years younger or beat to death.

Go have another shot with your rigger. Your post made no sense. Actually, you made me laugh. Thanks!

The shooter will get convicted and sentenced. If I am wrong, I know you will take pleasure in telling me that I was wrong.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
I never said the man assaulted the deceased's wife. But he confronted her over a parking space. What business was that of his? Was he a cop, security guard, or even an employee of the convenience store? No. If he was so concerned about the handicap violation he should have called the cops. He had no business confronting anyone about that as he had no authority. And he didn't travel through the air, he got pushed and went down. I've been pushed harder trying to get through the doors of the Capital Center in the 80's for a general admission Van Halen concert. But I agree with you that when the deceased pushed him it escalated the situation and put the shooter on the defensive. Which is why I said if you are going to choose to physically address the situation, you better eliminate the threat. These days you don't know who is carrying. I'm all for the right to carry and defend yourself when needed. But seriously, this guy didn't need to fire. While I can't get inside of his head, it didn't look like he was in any real imminent danger. And if he is that fragile and afraid, then maybe don't go shooting your mouth off at someone over a stupid parking violation.

Why wasn't it his business when an ####### parked in a handi space?

Show me the law where talking to or confronting someone that has parked in a handi space is against the law?
So you know what the man on the ground was feeling after being physically assaulted?

Seems you want both sides of the fence here...

black dog

Free America
Your reply to Vrai is total horse poop. Of course, a person’s history has everything to do with it. This guy is a good example. He had, previously, caused problems in that establishment. Why are you holding him up as some kind of hero?

Post a copy of your Doctor of Jurisprudence degree please?
I live with an Attorney..

I've never stated he's a hero, he was physically assaulted and he shot dead the man that was assaulted him... This is the reason folks carry a firearm.
And no, a person's history has nothing to do with what happened that day in the parking lot.

Last edited: