More 'Stand your ground' in Florida.

black dog

Free America
Go have another shot with your rigger. Your post made no sense. Actually, you made me laugh. Thanks!

The shooter will get convicted and sentenced. If I am wrong, I know you will take pleasure in telling me that I was wrong.

Well the Sheriff didn't charge him, I'm betting neither will the states attorney office.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Post a copy of your Doctor of Jurisprudence degree please?
I live with an Attorney..

I've never stated he's a hero, he was physically assaulted and he shot dead the man that was assaulted him... This is the reason folks carry a firearm.
And no, a person's history has nothing to do with what happened that day in the parking lot.

What does living with an attorney have to do with anything? We have seen plenty of corrupt attorneys, and they take up a huge amount of the yellow pages. But, that is not the point. And, are you serious when you say that a persons’ history has nothing to do with what happened? I can’t help you, anymore. You are on your own. May I suggest therapy. Good luck to you.

black dog

Free America
What does living with an attorney have to do with anything? We have seen plenty of corrupt attorneys, and they take up a huge amount of the yellow pages. But, that is not the point. And, are you serious when you say that a persons’ history has nothing to do with what happened? I can’t help you, anymore. You are on your own. May I suggest therapy. Good luck to you.

I don't know #### for brains, you ask them questions about laws....
Nope she's not corrupt, and no one in her family or her is a felon either.
And they each pay big money for those Yellow page ads, Everybody hates attorneys until they need one.
And that leads to how much has Super Shoes paid attorneys for your son's felonies in the last ten years? Six to ten full page ads worth?
You forgot to tell me #### you....

I didn't think you could keep it on track.

black dog

Free America
If they don’t, it puts the right to carry in jeopardy. The shooter abused that right; especially when he was the initial abuser.

Again show where the shooter was the person that broke the law? I've been waiting..

Not in any shape or form did that shooting, place a Florida residents right to carry in jeopardy.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Again show where the shooter was the person that broke the law? I've been waiting..

Not in any shape or form did that shooting, place a Florida residents right to carry in jeopardy.

One more time. The victim stepped back when seeing the gun. He knew he was at a disadvantage and got shot anyway. We have plenty of guns, but hope to use them as a deterrent, and not have to actually kill anyone. Why aren’t you getting what happened in this particular situation. I have to say, I am very surprised at your opinion. It doesn’t make sense, considering your history here. Are you ok? Have you gone renegade on us?

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
One more time. The victim stepped back when seeing the gun. He knew he was at a disadvantage and got shot anyway. We have plenty of guns, but hope to use them as a deterrent, and not have to actually kill anyone. Why aren’t you getting what happened in this particular situation. I have to say, I am very surprised at your opinion. It doesn’t make sense, considering your history here. Are you ok?

It was to late at that point, the man that was being assaulted was pushed down on the ground and he responded to being assaulted.
That is one of the reasons folks carry a firearm. Just because you own a few guns doesn't mean you have the stones to pull the trigger.
And never think that just brandishing a firearm folks are going to sit down and put there hands behind their backs and become a sheep while you call the police.
They very easily could say I'm gonna kill you and since you didn't end the assault when you could have, now you and also maybe your family are in grave jeporady or dead.

I get fully what happened in that parking lot, a few of you here don't get it.
A conversation is not assaulting anyone. It just isn't so.
And what's being said about the shooter having to do with actions before the shooting is irrelevant and hearsay at best.
The shooter was physically assaulted and he defended himself. That's the end of the story. If the boyfriend haven't lost his cool, most likely he would still be breathing.

I would suggest that super shoes and yourself go and join Issac Walton league of Damascus, and then sign up and start taking classes in firearm self defense and when the use of a firearm can and can't be used, in Maryland and other states that have differing Stand your Ground laws. Time and money well spent.
It will be a eye opening experience..

littlelady

God bless the USA
It was to late at that point, the man that was being assaulted was pushed down on the ground and he responded to being assaulted.
That is one of the reasons folks carry a firearm. Just because you own a few guns doesn't mean you have the stones to pull the trigger.
And never think that just brandishing a firearm folks are going to sit down and put there hands behind their backs and become a sheep while you call the police.
They very easily could say I'm gonna kill you and since you didn't end the assault when you could have, now you and also maybe your family are in grave jeporady or dead.

I get fully what happened in that parking lot, a few of you here don't get it.
A conversation is not assaulting anyone. It just isn't so.
And what's being said about the shooter having to do with actions before the shooting is irrelevant and hearsay at best.
The shooter was physically assaulted and he defended himself. That's the end of the story. If the boyfriend haven't lost his cool, most likely he would still be breathing.

I would suggest that super shoes and yourself go and join Issac Walton league of Damascus, and then sign up and start taking classes in firearm self defense and when the use of a firearm can and can't be used, in Maryland and other states that have differing Stand your Ground laws. Time and money well spent.
It will be a eye opening experience..

You are still wrong about your opinion on what happened, but America is still a free country for now. And, thanks for the tip on Issac Walton. Been there, done that, but wasn’t necessary. We lived on 5 wooded acres in Calvert, as did most of our neighbors. There was a lot of shooting/target practice going on. Thanks for looking out for me and hub, Super Dick.

Last edited:

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
WHO WAS THE AGGRESSOR AND WHO WAS THE VICTIM?

This is a perfect set up to discuss the Trayvon Martin-George "White Mexican" Zimmerman "Stand your ground" episode. The physical difference between the white man and the black man showed the same inequality. The white man had a history of "enforcing" parking kerfuffles. The conflict escalated from verbal to physical when the black man assaulted the white man. The white man pulled his weapon while he was on the ground and the black man was within physical striking distance to do more harm. The white man fired his firearm because he feared more physical abuse from the black man. The white man fired his firearm very quickly after drawing it from concealment. The white man was pushed down to pavement and Zimmerman was pushed down on a concrete walkway. Public opinion is strongly divided (and opinions appear to be reversed in members of this forum).

Differences are a few: The black man was not physically assaulting the white man at the moment the firearm was fired. This took place in public with video camera evidence and eye-witness testimony. This took place in daylight.

You can bet the law enforcement body is thinking of the Trayvon Martin case as it ponders charging the white man.

glhs837

Power with Control
So, BD, where does your right to shoot the person assaulted you stop? After pushing you down, he turns his back. Can you still shoot him? Hands up, says dont shoot, can you shoot him? Where is that line at? There is one, right? Or can you chase him down and shoot him after he stops being a threat? My point being that I think it's pretty clear that the guy had a stopped being a threat at that point. And if you want the the "OMG, shall issue/Constitutional carry" means a bloodbath in the streets" crowd to win in their efforts at reducing the ability to carry, then videos like this make their case, I think. There's legally right, but morally wrong. Like I said before, responsibility is a huge part of carrying, I think this guy failed in that responsibility. I also think that maybe FLs SYG law might have gone too far.

black dog

Free America
So, BD, where does your right to shoot the person assaulted you stop? After pushing you down, he turns his back. Can you still shoot him? Hands up, says dont shoot, can you shoot him? Where is that line at? There is one, right? Or can you chase him down and shoot him after he stops being a threat? My point being that I think it's pretty clear that the guy had a stopped being a threat at that point. And if you want the the "OMG, shall issue/Constitutional carry" means a bloodbath in the streets" crowd to win in their efforts at reducing the ability to carry, then videos like this make their case, I think. There's legally right, but morally wrong. Like I said before, responsibility is a huge part of carrying, I think this guy failed in that responsibility. I also think that maybe FLs SYG law might have gone too far.

Which strawman are you gonna use? This one is simple and all of it on video.
The man was assaulted and knocked down, he responded, Bang and the agressor ran into the store where he came from leaking badly.
Eminent Danger is all the man on the ground needed to feel at the time of the shooting.

The blood in the street crowd will chant regardless of any defensive shooting.
The statistics have proved for decades that more guns being carried equals less crime.

A quick look at WV since it's gone constitutional carry, no blood in the streets before or after it became law there.

black dog

Free America
You are still wrong about your opinion on what happened, but America is still a free country for now. And, thanks for the tip on Issac Walton. Been there, done that, but wasn’t necessary. We lived on 5 wooded acres in Calvert, as did most of our neighbors. There was a lot of shooting/target practice going on. Thanks for looking out for me and hub, superdick.

It's hub and I college girl, wow 5 acres, you were land barons.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
After watching the video I still maintain it was a good shoot.

The guy was talking with the woman about the handicap space but it wasn't getting physical nor are there any exaggerated violoent gestures or any ridiculous movements that could be construed to be such a guy was standing still and talking.

Dead guy walks up to the guy talking from alongside of him without so much as a hesitation drives both hands into the guy and flings him back on the ground, guy on the ground pulls out gun and fires what looks like one shot followed by the agressor retreating.

black dog

Free America
After watching the video I still maintain it was a good shoot.

The guy was talking with the woman about the handicap space but it wasn't getting physical nor are there any exaggerated violoent gestures or any ridiculous movements that could be construed to be such a guy was standing still and talking.

Dead guy walks up to the guy talking from alongside of him without so much as a hesitation drives both hands into the guy and flings him back on the ground, guy on the ground pulls out gun and fires what looks like one shot followed by the agressor retreating.

Yep.... I would love to hear what the dead guy was saying as he ran back into the store with his shoes filling up with the liquid needed to stay alive.
I'm guessing something like, That mother ####er I just assaulted in the parking lot just shot me...
Lesson #3 to a street thug, keep your hands to yourself and you won't get shot dead.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A person's history has nothing to do with what happened that day. Nothing..

That is completely untrue. You're just arguing to argue, that is clear. Unless there's more to this story than what was "reported", the shooter was not "standing his ground" and should be charged with murder.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
See, and I still think his reaction was excessive.

I don't know how strong of a moose the guy was... but he flung the other guy like he was a ragdoll pretty easily back into the parking space.

The dead guy was the one that escalated a verbal incident into a physical confrontation, so I just can't find any reason to have sympathy for him.

black dog

Free America
That is completely untrue. You're just arguing to argue, that is clear. Unless there's more to this story than what was "reported", the shooter was not "standing his ground" and should be charged with murder.

I'm not arguing at all, the facts are simple and all of it on video, you just want to keep adding narratives to this story that have nothing to do with what happened.
Your feelings and beliefs have nothing to do with Florida's Stand your Ground Law.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not arguing at all, the facts are simple and all of it on video, you just want to keep adding narratives to this story that have nothing to do with what happened.
Your feelings and beliefs have nothing to do with Florida's Stand your Ground Law.

I'm not "adding narratives", I am simply going by what was reported and what is on the video. Perhaps you know more about this situation than the linked story presented, and if so please share with the class.

black dog

Free America
A bunch of wrongs, no right.

Don't park in a freaking handicapped spot if you're not entitled to do so.

Don't attack people who do park in a HDC spot.

Don't shoot their boyfriend when he comes out to chill your ass out.

Drejka was not standing his ground, he was the aggressor.

It's bull#### that he wasn't charged.

Except that's not what happened, and apparently this guy has a history of assaulting people.

Well, you're wrong, so get over it.

See, and I still think his reaction was excessive.

I'm not "adding narratives", I am simply going by what was reported and what is on the video. Perhaps you know more about this situation than the linked story presented, and if so please share with the class.

Florida's Stand your Ground Law is simple.

Stand-your-ground law. ... A stand-your-ground law (sometimes called "line in the sand" or "no duty to retreat" law) is a justification in a criminal case, whereby defendants can "stand their ground" and use force without retreating, in order to protect and defend themselves or others against threats or perceived threats.