More tin badge thuggery.

PsyOps

Pixelated
OK, so he was held up for a few minutes.

Maybe Rosa Parks should have kept her mouth shut in the name of expediency too. How much time did she waste?

As far as the cops being right. I disagree. Just because some government judges have found that government actions are "legal" (that of suspicionless DUI stops, aka seizures) doesn't make it so.

I wonder how folks here would feel if (or maybe when) we get to the point of having random roadblocks for "gun safety checks"?

I guess most of you would STFU and do exactly what your government tells you to do.

Very well. No complaining then. Just shut up.

Very interesting… STFU! Pretty much the same thing you were telling me to do in the Sam Adams thread. Yes, I know Sam Adams is not a government entity, but it had to do with recognizing the law of the land being distorted and marginalized. But complaining about that… STFU!

But here, I agree with you… This is a constitutional matter (the 4th amendment). So now, the constitution does really matter. It should always matter and taken very seriously and never manipulated for any personal or social agenda like political correctness. Because when we do, we lose the fundamental meaning which results in people just rolling over and taking it from the government that knows most people have come to care little about the meaning of the constitution as it applies to OUR RIGHTS and the governments limitations.

It matters!

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
Very interesting… STFU! Pretty much the same thing you were telling me to do in the Sam Adams thread. Yes, I know Sam Adams is not a government entity, but it had to do with recognizing the law of the land being distorted and marginalized. But complaining about that… STFU!

But here, I agree with you… This is a constitutional matter (the 4th amendment). So now, the constitution does really matter. It should always matter and taken very seriously and never manipulated for any personal or social agenda like political correctness. Because when we do, we lose the fundamental meaning which results in people just rolling over and taking it from the government that knows most people have come to care little about the meaning of the constitution as it applies to OUR RIGHTS and the governments limitations.

It matters!

Of course the Constitution matters.

Yes, I know Sam Adams is not a government entity

Enough said. I'm glad you recognize it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But it does do something constructive, it informs the cop that you do know your constitutional rights and that you are defending them. If no one ever took a stand all of your rights would be taken away, one small bite at a time, it's known as the democratic way.

You do know that it's not the cop who's taking your rights away, correct?

bcp

In My Opinion
I think that cop showed admirable restraint. I'm sitting here at a computer and fighting the urge to grab his punk ass by the hair and drag him out of that car so I can beat the #### out of him.

Go out of your way to piss the cops off, then get outraged that they're pissed. Makes perfect sense to me.

:dork:

these are the same people that put bacon grease on the little childrens clothing then send them out to play while the neighbors pit bull is loose.

BigBlue

So , we have one idiot trying to make a federal case out of a "BEER" commercial and now another trying to back a little punk who went looking for a fight one night .Tell me that both wouldn't be screaming where were the Police when the drunk driver they let through the check point killed their parents ,wife or child. Both of you are acting like little babies ,so STFU and worry about "real issues" , like the dumbass rain tax.

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
So , we have one idiot trying to make a federal case out of a "BEER" commercial and now another trying to back a little punk who went looking for a fight one night .Tell me that both wouldn't be screaming where were the Police when the drunk driver they let through the check point killed their parents ,wife or child. Both of you are acting like little babies ,so STFU and worry about "real issues" , like the dumbass rain tax.

The Childreeeeeennnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete

Repete

I completely agree! I am now rushing myself to ST Mary's because I must need medical care.

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
Well why don't you do it and tell us how it works out for you!

I'll tell you exactly how it will work out.

Your freedom of movement will be stopped. You'll probably get a beat down. The cop will get a paid vacation, but if you're lucky you just might get a payday out of the deal courtesy of the taxpayer. All because there is no cause for a legal detainment.

Yay!

BigBlue

Your freedom of movement will be stopped. You'll probably get a beat down. The cop will get a paid vacation, but if you're lucky you just might get a payday out of the deal courtesy of the taxpayer. All because there is no cause for a legal detainment.

Yay!

Dead wrong, I'm smart enough not to piss off a cop doing a dangerous but very important job, he wants my name so what , ID ,so what . You are the one who said someone should do it, so shut up and do it ,don't make up lies on how you think it will go down.

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
Dead wrong, I'm smart enough not to piss off a cop doing a dangerous but very important job, he wants my name so what , ID ,so what . You are the one who said someone should do it, so shut up and do it ,don't make up lies on how you think it will go down.

We're not talking about name and ID here, though, are we? Nice diversion.

As you know, since driving is a privilege not a right, you have to surrender your license, registration, and maybe proof of insurance depending on the jurisdiction on demand.

Why don't you try sticking with the topic at hand?

BigBlue

Yay!
One ,more thing DA, it is illegal to hinder a Police investigation so if Police are looking for drunk drivers then they are investigating by refusing such things as name and age ..YOU ARE HINDERING the INVESTIGATION .

bcp

In My Opinion
Here is the problem I see with all of this.
The license is a privilage, and when you sign it, you agree to certain rules and regulations.
Had the dumbass just simply put his window down to talk to the officer, he would have been on his way in just a few moments.
In my opinion, when the officer asked him to roll down his window and numbnuts first words/actions were non compliant with a LEGAL request from the officer, he did create reason for suspicion and from that point on, anything the officer did was within his legal rights.

All of these videos are set up, the idiots go in not only knowing their rights, but also knowing how to push the police to have to act.

You want to impress me? show me a video where the poor picked on individual complies without an attitude and the cop still goes beyond what one might think is the limit.

PsyOps

Pixelated
You do know that it's not the cop who's taking your rights away, correct?

I think I get your point. Police are just following orders from their superiors.

If this is the case, here is something we should consider… If our LE (and let’s even say our military) will follow orders, no matter how it goes against the constitution, would they be willing to support leaders that would do something as radical as dissolve the constitution? If we had a leader in the WH (for instance) that decided to claim himself as our imperial dictator and dismantle our current form of government and orders our LE and military to follows his orders accordingly, would they do it?

I guess my point is, it seems LE and various agencies within our government are perfectly content with following orders that render large parts of our constitution ineffective. Pulling people over without just cause, conducting searches that are obviously rigged to give full power and leverage to LE to do anything they want, conducting massive data-gathering of private information, using the tax code to punish groups they politically disagree with…

There seems to be a trend of cooperation by enforcement agencies in our government to do the bidding of our elected leaders regardless of the constitutional problems that exist. These things in their own way don’t do huge damage to us as individuals. But does it indicate to us that if our government decided they wanted to go house-to-house and confiscate firearms or search through our property without just cause or a warrant (as they are doing in these traffic stops), would they obey these orders?

This is why we should be concerned with misrepresenting our constitution. This is why we should be worried that people we have entrusted to protect us actually turn on us – the law-abiding citizen – to achieve objectives not aimed at protecting us, but rather aimed at rendering us as subjects to the government.

This is why I made a big deal about the Sam Adams commercial. Not because it has any real meaning on the tv screen; but because it reflects a mentality of our population – particularly people that have influence in our government; like big business – that the constitution is something that can be edited and selectively ignored when it fits your agenda.

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
Here is the problem I see with all of this.
The license is a privilage, and when you sign it, you agree to certain rules and regulations.

Where on the license does it say you give up certain rights as guaranteed by the Bill of Rights?