More tin badge thuggery.

BigBlue

We're not talking about name and ID here, though, are we? Nice diversion.

As you know, since driving is a privilege not a right, you have to surrender your license, registration, and maybe proof of insurance depending on the jurisdiction on demand.

Why don't you try sticking with the topic at hand?

Again you show you know nothing ,what was the very first thing the Police asked the driver, you idiot . Also you agree to all these things when you sign and apply for your drivers license.
The kid was looking for a fight ,just roll down the window.

bcp

In My Opinion
One ,more thing DA, it is illegal to hinder a Police investigation so if Police are looking for drunk drivers then they are investigating by refusing such things as name and age ..YOU ARE HINDERING the INVESTIGATION .

Since age and residence is a requirement as well as showing the license, you are actually in violation if you dont answer him when asked.
Even if they have your license in hand, they will often ask you to give them the information on it just to make sure its really you. (and to hear if you are slurring your words)

I wonder how many drunk drivers get past the stop while the police have to give their attention to these ass wipes.

Maybe these people that do this should be charged with hindering an investigation since they are purposely tying up officers that should be doing something else.

BigBlue

Since age and residence is a requirement as well as showing the license, you are actually in violation if you dont answer him when asked.
Even if they have your license in hand, they will often ask you to give them the information on it just to make sure its really you. (and to hear if you are slurring your words)

I wonder how many drunk drivers get past the stop while the police have to give their attention to these ass wipes.

Maybe these people that do this should be charged with hindering an investigation since they are purposely tying up officers that should be doing something else.

agree.

Rommey

You do know that it's not the cop who's taking your rights away, correct?

Them taking away or you giving it away, really makes no difference. At some point it will be accepted that the cops can stop anyone for no good reason.

What's their checks and balances? Where is the line that once they cross is the point that is too far? Why should a cop be pissed for you exercising your rights?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Again you show you know nothing ,what was the very first thing the Police asked the driver, you idiot . Also you agree to all these things when you sign and apply for your drivers license.
The kid was looking for a fight ,just roll down the window.

Would you be okay with cops going house-to-house searching them, without a warrant, because they know there are drug dealers that exist; not necessarily in your neighborhood or even county, but they just simply exist out there and they have to catch them and the only way is to search every house to find them?

BigBlue

Would you be okay with cops going house-to-house searching them, without a warrant, because they know there are drug dealers that exist; not necessarily in your neighborhood or even county, but they just simply exist out there and they have to catch them and the only way is to search every house to find them?

See if it will help them stop a crime or save a life , yes ,see unlike the paranoids in this thread I have nothing to hide .

BigBlue

Them taking away or you giving it away, really makes no difference. At some point it will be accepted that the cops can stop anyone for no good reason.

QUOTE]

Stopping people from driving drunk is a GOOD reason ,so you think it's ok to drink and drive and kill others behind the wheel of a car?

Pete

Repete
One ,more thing DA, it is illegal to hinder a Police investigation so if Police are looking for drunk drivers then they are investigating by refusing such things as name and age ..YOU ARE HINDERING the INVESTIGATION .

Whew, just when I was worried about agreeing with you, you whip off a completely retarded statement like this. I feel better now.

PsyOps

Pixelated
See if it will help them stop a crime or save a life , yes ,see unlike the paranoids in this thread I have nothing to hide .

Although I know it shouldn’t, this just astounds me, yet explains why we are where we are in this country.

bcp

In My Opinion

actually walking in and going through my stuff? no. My house is not operated on a public level
however, if they want to sit at the end of my driveway and observe the activity at my house from outside, or if they want to sit in my driveway and run radar on the main road in front? no problem.
Ive actually told some of the officers in this area that not only could they do that, but if they wanted I would even leave the camper open for them to make coffee while they were there.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Are you seriously equating a simple traffic stop to searching peoples' homes?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I'll tell you exactly how it will work out.
Hey, use that crystal ball you have and PM me next weeks winning lottery numbers would ya? :killingme

SO we went from a punk being an ass to house to house searches.

Y'all have issues! :faint:

MMM_donuts

Assuming this is the same video as the other,

I think it's good that these videos are becoming more popular because I think it helps raise awareness of improper tactics of law enforcement. I hope it encourages people to learn more about their rights. I hope it empowers them so that someday our society will no longer tolerate this intimidation and abuse of power.

I respect and am thankful for our law enforcement but in no way whatsoever does that give them a pass to behave inappropriately in order to obtain the results they desire at the time. Dealing with douchebags as a part of your job does not excuse a person's failure to control their own emotions, especially in leadership positions.

Who gets to pay for the scratches on this guy's car? The taxpayers? I, a taxpayer, would rather the cop check his ego and do his job properly. If he can't be bigger than a snarky kid then how can he be trusted?

itsrequired

So he was looking for a confrontation, found one, just to get his video on youtube, whatever. With the camera running as he pulled to a stop, he was setting this scene up, and he got what he wished.

Wonder how bad the dog scratches were on his hood, if it happened at all.

Still, the dude was in the right, but so were the cops, by the authority vested in them. Just a waste of time for all concerned.

I don't see it that way. In this case, I see the kid being polite, but declining to lower his window which is his right. The officers responsibility at that point during a check point is to send him on his way.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't see it that way. In this case, I see the kid being polite, but declining to lower his window which is his right. The officers responsibility at that point during a check point is to send him on his way.

That kind of defeats the purpose of the checkpoint, don't you think?

The cop asks you to roll down your window so they can smell for booze and see your eyes. If they do not smell any and you are not glassy eyed, you are on your way within 30 seconds. If you do not cooperate, however...

The cop was fine until the punk started giving him a rash of ####. So in my mind that pretty much means the kids started the situation. I fail to see how the cop acted improperly.

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
That kind of defeats the purpose of the checkpoint, don't you think?

The cop asks you to roll down your window so they can smell for booze and see your eyes. If they do not smell any and you are not glassy eyed, you are on your way within 30 seconds. If you do not cooperate, however...

The cop was fine until the punk started giving him a rash of ####. So in my mind that pretty much means the kids started the situation. I fail to see how the cop acted improperly.

I took that as being facetious.

Roman

Can any of us imagine what our lives would be without Police? Some of us might even be dead right now if there were no such thing as Cops.

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
Can any of us imagine what our lives would be without Police? Some of us might even be dead right now if there were no such thing as Cops.

Typical lib. Needs the government to make them feel safe and warm.

I bet you'd last about 5 minutes in the real world.