Mosquito Explosion

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Just had a big black skeeter land on my arm that is honestly the biggest and most evil looking bastard I've ever seen in my 60 years of bein' "round here". wtf?? It must have stood a full inch tall off my arm!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Just had a big black skeeter land on my arm that is honestly the biggest and most evil looking bastard I've ever seen in my 60 years of bein' "round here". wtf?? It must have stood a full inch tall off my arm!

I've seen those big mean looking skeeters at my mother-in-law's place on the Wicomico. The brackish water must make 'em big and nasty. I've got the Asian Tiger variety at my place. I did spray once with Cutter that attaches to the hose. They were very scarce for a month or more. This recent monsoon must've revitalized them. They're coming back fairly strong. Time to get more Cutter...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've seen those big mean looking skeeters at my mother-in-law's place on the Wicomico. The brackish water must make 'em big and nasty. I've got the Asian Tiger variety at my place. I did spray once with Cutter that attaches to the hose. They were very scarce for a month or more. This recent monsoon must've revitalized them. They're coming back fairly strong. Time to get more Cutter...

We've always been inundated with those Tiger skeeters and still are. Those monster black mofos, however...dang...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I use Cutter's Deep Woods. Pretty good at keeping them off while you work. Doesn't smell bad either.

That and the Deep Woods Off...and the Off For Clothing Only stuff. The latter I spray on myself too...figger I'm too old now to worry about side effects or spawning three-legged kids.

The skeeters are horrid this year. The Deep Woods stuff works but my skin doesn't like it. I found Coleman Botanicals Insect Repellent online at Amazon. It's made with Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus (DEET Free) and it works great and smells very pleasant.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
That and the Deep Woods Off...and the Off For Clothing Only stuff. The latter I spray on myself too...figger I'm too old now to worry about side effects or spawning three-legged kids.

I just got a chuckle; the "newer" neighbors are howling bloody murder about how bad the skeeters are. MD skeeter control truck just rolled through my place, wafting its little bit of spray fog behind it. A placebo..is about all it is.

I use Sawyer's. That stuff will give you convulsions if you spray it on your skin. Spray your clothing, let dry for 24 hours.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I need to try this. Maybe I'll get around to it soon, but until then, sharing for anyone who'd like to give it a go.

Mosquito Yard Spray.JPG

Those big black ones you're talking about? I just came back from a ride in the Slingshot. They swarmed me, latched onto the Sling and took off with it..... :twitch:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Those big black ones you're talking about? I just came back from a ride in the Slingshot. They swarmed me, latched onto the Sling and took off with it..... :twitch:

Pretty sure I saw you when I went to pick up lunch at Panera. :howdy:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

hope they'll get as much enjoyment out of it as you have...