Mosquito Explosion

RodRugg

Well, last night while my grandma was deep-frying a stubble goose in the driveway she got bitted by mosquitoes 8 times on the side of her face and that was that! She went in the house and mixed up her secret recipe that she got from her great-grandmother who got it from a vision in the Bible and she sprayed it all over the yard. This morning everything was dead: mosquitoes, ants, bees, scissorsticks, dragonflies, mice, birds, you name it! I'm not sure what is in it but it really works! I know it has water, cinnamon sticks, vegetable skins, and the juice from inside a car battery. I don't know what the secret stuff is but once my grandma mixes it all together and lights a fire underneath it gets really hard to make sense of anything until all the windows get opened. Anyways, when my grandma dragged them two dead deers out from behind the garage, she said neither one of them had a single mosquito bite!

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Well, last night while my grandma was deep-frying a stubble goose in the driveway she got bitted by mosquitoes 8 times of the side of her face and that was that! She went in the house and mixed up her secret recipe that she got from her great-grandmother who got it from a vision in the Bible and she sprayed it all over the yard. This morning everything was dead: mosquitoes, ants, bees, scissorsticks, dragonflies, mice, birds, you name it! I'm not sure what is in it but it really works! I know it has water, cinnamon sticks, vegetable skins, and the juice from inside a car battery. I don't know what the secret stuff is but once my grandma mixes it all together and lights a fire underneath it gets really hard to make sense of anything until all the windows get opened. Anyways, when my grandma dragged them two dead deers out from behind the garage, she said neither one of them had a single mosquito bite!

You are so funny, and so much fun. Keep on postin’ on! :lol: You were before my time here. Thanks for coming back to post, again.

Are you a writer, as in books, and such? If not, you should be.

Last edited:

gemma_rae

Well, last night while my grandma was deep-frying a stubble goose in the driveway she got bitted by mosquitoes 8 times of the side of her face and that was that! She went in the house and mixed up her secret recipe that she got from her great-grandmother who got it from a vision in the Bible and she sprayed it all over the yard. This morning everything was dead: mosquitoes, ants, bees, scissorsticks, dragonflies, mice, birds, you name it! I'm not sure what is in it but it really works! I know it has water, cinnamon sticks, vegetable skins, and the juice from inside a car battery. I don't know what the secret stuff is but once my grandma mixes it all together and lights a fire underneath it gets really hard to make sense of anything until all the windows get opened. Anyways, when my grandma dragged them two dead deers out from behind the garage, she said neither one of them had a single mosquito bite!

Oh Dear! Any sign of Uncle Stanley?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I just went through the wooded part of my property to take another wack at the briar vine invasion I've been steadily beating back with powerful brush-killing chemicals. Whilst wandering around in the woods, I was swarmed by hundreds of the little fluffy tiger mosquitoes...and watched a couple osprey and a bald eagle engaging in aerial combat. The Cutter's kept the skeeters at bay..not sure who won the aerial contest, although I did come across a big pile of what were obviously Osprey feathers in the middle of the woods. Juvenile bird, judging from the size of the feathers..probably one of this year's brood...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I just went through the wooded part of my property to take another wack at the briar vine invasion I've been steadily beating back with powerful brush-killing chemicals. Whilst wandering around in the woods, I was swarmed by hundreds of the little fluffy tiger mosquitoes...and watched a couple osprey and a bald eagle engaging in aerial combat. The Cutter's kept the skeeters at bay..not sure who won the aerial contest, although I did come across a big pile of what were obviously Osprey feathers in the middle of the woods. Juvenile bird, judging from the size of the feathers..probably one of this year's brood...

I learned today that wearing pantyhose will keep the chiggers off.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I live near several creeks and surprisingly there have been low numbers of skeeters.

If there isn't standing water, and it doesn't take much-think mud puddle, and the creeks are moving there won't be mosquitos from them. There are a couple species that can breed in a couple drops of water caught in a leaf or trapped in the crotch of a tree.

Yeah, I know I said "crotch".

Last edited:

Fitch

If there isn't standing water, and it doesn't take much-think mud puddle, and the creeks are moving there won't be mosquitos from them.

Nah. Our Creeks usually have limited to zero flow. Mainly neighborhood runoff Only when it rains which lately is all the time. But I was just talkin this summer in general very little skeeters.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Nah. Our Creeks usually have limited to zero flow. Mainly neighborhood runoff Only when it rains which lately is all the time. But I was just talkin this summer in general very little skeeters.

You quite obviously live nowhere near here. So go away. :yay:

littlelady

God bless the USA
You quite obviously live nowhere near here. So go away. :yay:

Nor, near me, either. Sadly, the closest body of water to us is Lake Needwood that is 5 miles away. I miss Calvert.

BUT... we still have a huge skeeter problem. It may have to do with the county ditch that runs through everyones’ yard, and our’s is clogged; causing standing water. We have called and called, and are told we are on the list. Hub keeps trying to clear it himself with some success. The frogs love that spot. :lol: And, we use the garlic spray that hub applies to the yard on the Deere. It works pretty well, but the time you have to apply it, and restriction of before and after rain has been difficult. Happy swatting!

When I lived in Darnestown years ago, I always saw the county spraying for skeeters. Never once have I seen that after moving back to this exasperating county. We didn’t move back here because of choice. We moved back because life happens. Everything happens for a reason.

I kept thinking about you, and how a few give you such a hard time, here. You have a successful biz, travel the world, help people fix their stuff, live in an idyllic place, and have humor and friends. The dummies that post their crap have no clue that your house burned down, and you had to rebuild. I had to give up so many things to move after 20 years. I was sad. And, this triggered a memory. Hub’s parents had a house fire back in the day and his Marine uniform and baseball card collection are gone. Some are just clueless, and dumb trolls. Mamatutu says hey. :smile:

Last edited: