Silence of the Lambs:
"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans
and a nice Chianti."
"Tell me your worst memory from childhood."

BuddyLee

Football addict
kwillia said:
Great movie... I'll never forget the little girl in the red coat...:bawl:
I just saw it for the first time this past weekend along with Deliverance and the 1983 nuclear war classic The day after.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
The Blues Brothers...

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Jake Blues:</TD><TD vAlign=top><DD>I ran out of gas. I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! It wasn't my fault, I swear to god!</DD></TD></TR><TR><TD height=40>-----</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Elwood Blues:</TD><TD vAlign=top><DD>It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.</DD></TD></TR><TR><TD height=40>-----</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Elwood Blues:</TD><TD vAlign=top><DD>We're on a mission from God.</DD></TD></TR><TR><TD height=40>-----</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Police officer:</TD><TD vAlign=top><DD>Use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension of the Blues Brothers has been approved.</DD></TD></TR><TR><TD height=40>-----</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Elwood Blues:</TD><TD vAlign=top><DD>It's got a cop motor: a 440 cubic inch plant. It's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is this the new Bluesmobile, or what?</DD></TD></TR><TR><TD height=40>-----</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Elwood Blues:</TD><TD vAlign=top><DD>Illinois Nazis.</DD></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Jake Blues:</TD><TD vAlign=top><DD>I hate Illinois Nazis.</DD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I'm a soooooooooouuuuuuuul man... :cool:

tomchamp

"Apocalypse Now"

Robert Duvall (Kilgore): You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... :notworthy

tomchamp

"Jaws"

Richard Dreyfuss (Matt Hooper): I'm not going to waste my time arguing with a man who's lining up to be a hot lunch. That's a twenty footer!
Robert Shaw (Quint): Twenty-five. Three tons of him.

Roy Scheider (Brody): We're gonna need a bigger boat.

Robert Shaw (Quint): The thing about a shark, it's got lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes. When it comes at you it doesn't seem to be livin'... until he bites you, and those black eyes roll over white.
Robert Shaw (Quint): You know that was the time I was most frightened? Waitin' for my turn. I'll never put on a lifejacket again. So, eleven hundred men went into the water. Three hundred and sixteen men come out, the sharks took the rest, June the twenty-ninth, nineteen-forty five. Anyway, we delivered the bomb.
:notworthy

http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq30-1.htm :patriot:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Hedley Lamarr:</TD><TD vAlign=top><DD>Gentlemen, please. Rest your sphincters.</DD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

~~~~~~

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Hedley Lamarr:</TD><TD vAlign=top><DD>I want rustlers, cutthroats, murders, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con-men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglars, horse thieves, bull-dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, sh**-kickers, and Methodists!</DD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

~~~~~~

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Jim: The Waco Kid:</TD><TD vAlign=top><DD>Where you headed, cowboy?</DD></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Bart:</TD><TD vAlign=top><DD>Nowhere special.</DD></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Jim: The Waco Kid:</TD><TD vAlign=top><DD>"Nowhere special." I always wanted to go there.</DD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

~~~~~~

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Hedley Lamarr:</TD><TD vAlign=top><DD>Be ready to attack Rock Ridge at noon tomorrow. Here's your badge.</DD><DD> </DD></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Mexican Bandit:</TD><TD vAlign=top><DD>Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!</DD>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
~~~~~~

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Hedley Lamarr:</TD><TD vAlign=top><DD>My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.</DD><DD> </DD></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Taggart:</TD><TD vAlign=top><DD>Gal-darnit, Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a 20-dollar whore.</DD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Oh my goodness. Still funny after all these years. :killingme

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
From "Snatch"

Avi: Should I call you Bullet? Tooth?
Bullet Tooth Tony: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.

Avi: Tony.
Bullet Tooth Tony: What?
Avi: Look in the dog.
Bullet Tooth Tony: What do you mean, "Look in the dog"?
Avi: I mean open him up.
Bullet Tooth Tony: It's not a f@rking tin of baked beans! What do you mean "open him up"?

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
From "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels"

Barfly Jack: Rory? Yeah I know Rory. He's not to be underestimated, you've got to look past the distinct facade. A few nights ago Rory's Roger iron rusted, so he has gone to the battle-cruiser to watch the end of a football game. Nobody is watching the custard so he has turned the channel over. A fat man's north opens and he wanders up and turns the Liza over. 'Now f*ck off and watch it somewhere else.' Rory knows claret is imminent, but he doesn't want to miss the end of the game; so, calm as a coma, he stands and picks up a fire extinguisher and he walks straight past the jam rolls who are ready for action, then he plonks it outside the entrance. He then orders an Aristotle of the most ping pong tiddly in the nuclear sub and switches back to his footer. 'That's f@rcking it,' says the guy. 'That's f@rcking what' says Rory. Rory gobs out a mouthful of booze covering fatty; he flicks a flaming match into his bird's nest and the man lit up like a leaking gas pipe. Rory, unfazed, turned back to watch his game. His team won too. Four-nil.

BuddyLee

Football addict
jazz lady said:
There's them dang banjoes again. :confused:
Upon watching that movie I thought it had awesome composition in the film for its time period. Very good shots!

Another movie that sorta compares in composition and shot style is Taxi Driver, yet another classic I recently rented. :yay:

morganj614

Fight Club. Edward Norton..a cutie!

Tyler Durden: This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Tyler Durden: You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your ####ing khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

Tyler Durden: We just had a near-life experience.

Attachments

• ed norton.jpg
    ed norton.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 98