Motorcyle crash, 2 killed. Makes my blood boil!

jlfree25

Steelers Fan 4-life

That's the truth and now a days it's txting and dirving, chaning the ipod and driving, and cell phones, doing your make up, reading your mail. It only takes a split second for someone to cause an accident that may or may not change someones lives forever.

I know several times that my daughter has caught my attention and I have glanced in the mirror to see what she is doing and luckily nothing happened.

BIKERS HAVE RIGHTS TO RIDE ON THE ROAD ALSO. PPL NEED TO BE MORE CAUSIOUS (sp?)

Attachments

• amen.gif
    amen.gif
    1 KB · Views: 333
Update: Names Released in Double Fatal Motorcycle Accident in Park Hall...

We can speculate all day, but no one cannot start crucifying until the facts come out.

A husband and wife is dead in an accident... that is what we know.

True and it can end up being that the driver of the car can be the primary victim in this mess so I don't appreciate the possibly unjustified blame and hatred being expressed at the driver of the car. It's very much uncalled for at this point in time.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Something I've noticed...gray vehicles blend in with the road. Has anyone else noticed this? Every time I've ever pulled out in front of a vehicle, it has been gray.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
True and it can end up being that the driver of the car can be the primary victim in this mess so I don't appreciate the possibly unjustified blame and hatred being expressed at the driver of the car. It's very much uncalled for at this point in time.

:cds:

jlfree25

Steelers Fan 4-life
Something I've noticed...gray vehicles blend in with the road. Has anyone else noticed this? Every time I've ever pulled out in front of a vehicle, it has been gray.

That's why when I tarted driving my brother always told me to have my headlights on so I can be seen better. So far I haven't had any accidents.

I agree Grey cars do blend into the background.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
That's why when I tarted driving my brother always told me to have my headlights on so I can be seen better. So far I haven't had any accidents.

I agree Grey cars do blend into the background.

I try to keep my headlights on, too. Sometimes I forget, but my car isn't gray.

Do motorcycles have automatic running lights? I would think so.

jlfree25

Steelers Fan 4-life

Everyone I have seen does. It is a safety feature. That's why alot of cars have them on them. My car isn't gray either but it's just habit

Qualcom Troll4

STFU When You Speak To Me
Why does everyone assume the car was at fault? Seems strange to me that there was like 200 feet of skidmarks from the bike yet the bike still struck with enough force to kill 2 people. The truth will be revealed soon. Don't think some of you are going to like it.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Why does everyone assume the car was at fault? Seems strange to me that there was like 200 feet of skidmarks from the bike yet the bike still struck with enough force to kill 2 people. The truth will be revealed soon. Don't think some of you are going to like it.

I don't think everyone is assuming the car is at fault. It looks like it's about 50/50. Would you like to start a poll?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed

Bob's bike has lights that automatically turn on when the engine is running. His bike is also equipped with a set of extra-bright, high-density lights in a triangle formation that makes him very visible in almost any weather condition, night or day. It makes me feel better about his decision to ride a bike to know that he is hyper-vigilant in his protective gear, his helmet, and with the special equipment he's attached to his bike.

But that still doesn't eliminate the possibility of him having an accident. That terrifies me.

:yay: I am usually one of the first to start throwing stones at the dumb ones, but without the facts I sit with my bag of rocks.

Come to think of it, you might have a point.

I just got rid of a red truck and hardly ever had issues, I can think of one vehicle in 2 years of owning it - the dark green one I have now really blends in and I have had quite a few people pull out in front of me lately...

Read the whole thread, I do not think that is the case. :coffee:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
:yay: I am usually one of the first to start throwing stones at the dumb ones, but without the facts I sit with my bag of rocks.

Come to think of it, you might have a point.

I just got rid of a red truck and hardly ever had issues, I can think of one vehicle in 2 years of owning it - the dark green one I have now really blends in and I have had quite a few people pull out in front of me lately...

I can see that blending in with the background...lot's of trees around here.

That said, I think a lot of people just don't pay attention (not pointing a finger at the driver of the car in this accident). People pull out in front of me all the time....or dash ahead of me to make a left turn when they don't have the right of way. I've noticed that a lot.

RaspberryBeret

Protected By Trunk Monkey
My hubby and I both ride and this was a terrible accident. They were just married in June of this year. Here is a link to their obituary;

Macon.com | Obituaries

:bawl: This is an incredibly sad situation for all involved. Two, young newlyweds have lost their lives and another young woman will live with the grief knowing that she was involved in their untimely deaths.
Whether the young woman driving the car was or wasn't at fault, she will still carry a heavy burden on her shoulders for many years to come.
Prayers go out to the individuals and the families of all involved.

bcp

In My Opinion
We do not know the entire facts of the story. :shrug:

You are assuming Lateesha stated "I just didn't see him." - It is not in the article you are referring to, unless you know something more than we do...

If this is truly the case, I agree stiffer penalties should be in place when a car is at fault in a motorcycle accident.
So, if lets say someone driving a big pickup truck were to accidentally (accidents do happen) pulled out in front of,, oh lets say a Civic, should the driver of the truck be subject to stiffer penalties than if he would have been driving a smart car?

why should size or weight of the vehicle come into play when its an accident?

Example.
My driveway enters directly onto 214, almost at the crest of a hill.
I almost got hit by a rice rocket about a month ago.

I looked both ways, it was clear, I started to pull out.
right as I get about to the center of the road, here comes Mr rice rocket running about 70 or 80 mph over the crest of the hill.
as luck would have it, I jammed the breaks and he was an able enough driver to quickly shift to the shoulder and clear the front of the truck.

now, had we hit, y'all would be calling for stiff penalties against me because the cycle was being ridden in an a-hole like manner?

its not always the fault of the driver.

on the other hand, I almost hit a bike on the beltway the other day when I was changing lanes, He was doing nothing wrong other than riding in my blind spot.. I noticed him just in time to pull back.

Where did that come from?

jlfree25

Steelers Fan 4-life

Okay what people need to realize is that a bike is going to leave skid marks trying to stop suddenly. a motorcycle only has about 6"square of rubber on the road at any given time. thats equals about 1 tire on a car.no ABS and no, I'm bigger than they are sensors,in a emergency stop it's hard to control.

GOOGLE Motorcycle Accidents.

DId the Airbags deploy? If not there wasn't enough force to cause them to deploy which means that the VICTIMS were not going that fast.

PsyOps

Pixelated
This blame game is stupid when everyone knows the only reason these things happen is becuae people drive too fast (cars, trucks, busses, semis, and bikers ALL) and don't pay enough attention. People are impatient with their tailgating and demanding everyone drive at 80 or get the h### out of my way. People fumbling with their cell phones weaving, speeding up and slowing down.

All of you know who I'm talking about and all of you know if this is you. THAT'S why these accidents happen. Not because people have it out for bikers. No one is paying attention, no one is staying within a reasonable speed limit, no one is driving with care and patience.

Okay what people need to realize is that a bike is going to leave skid marks trying to stop suddenly. a motorcycle only has about 6"square of rubber on the road at any given time. thats equals about 1 tire on a car.no ABS and no, I'm bigger than they are sensors,in a emergency stop it's hard to control.

DId the Airbags deploy? If not there wasn't enough force to cause them to deploy which means that the VICTIMS were not going that fast.

This post was just plain stupid ...:bs:

bcp

In My Opinion

did the car have side air bags? if not, a side impact will not activate the front airbags.
next, if there were (and I have no clue) 200ft of skid, even though the bike would not have stopped, its speed would have been greatly reduced over that distance. So, even if there were side air bags, a speeding bike could have slowed enough in 200 ft to not activate the sensors.

My personal theory on this is to not try to guess what happened and place blame on either party, but instead to lend prayer and support for all involved in the tragic accident.
but thats just me.