Moving to Charles County?

Yeah help clevalley out, Im sure he has a nice place.:yay:
Bryantown Mall being downtown Bryantown, are you on the east side or west side of Bryantown?

Where you trying to move to clev., Waldorf :killingme

Move to Waldorf? Ha! :lmao: ...but if I did I would want to be Andy's neighbor so he can show me the In's and Outs of Waldorf :killingme We want to be in the same school districs - but we have looked at some homes off of Baptist Church road - we are also think about building -but we have to sell our first :yay:

We are West of the Bryantown Mall - off of Edelen Road (not drive). It use to be called the Bryantown Store (before that Mudds stoore)

We just want to lower our footprint and get on one level (rambler)

How did Bryantown Store get the name Bryantown mall? My dad and a bunch of the locals would go to Bryantown Store EVERY morning for coffee - about 6 of them. I would stop in on my way to HS and sit back and BS with the old guys!

The owner who just bought it (early 80's) walked in one day and said they looked like a bunch of kids hanging out at a mall. My dad replied back - "yep, this is Bryantown Mall - where you've been on this" (total joke). When him and another guy went to work the two of them had a dozen or so shirts with Bryantown Mall on the and wore them inside. They got free coffee for a long time!

I love Bryantown - GREAT place to live! :yay:

AndyMarquisLIVE

WALDORF!!! :jameo::jameo::jameo:

You people exaggaratte way too much. :killingme

La Plata ain't any better, not by a long shot. At the least, Waldorf has good places to eat and you'll sit in La Plata traffic for 20 minutes trying to get there.

There's crime in Waldorf, but it's not that bad. There are just little bits and little places to avoid *cough*acton*cough*.

I live in Waldorf, take walks all the time, go to the mall, and all that jazz. Guess what, I've never been mugged, shot or assulted. :jet:

Don't listen to the people on here, most of them live out in St. Mary's County in the middle of nowhere and just don't like bigger areas. It's not as bad as they're making it sound.

Traffic in Waldorf's bad, but traffic in La Plata's worse.

OldHillcrestGuy

La Plata ain't any better, not by a long shot. At the least, Waldorf has good places to eat and you'll sit in La Plata traffic for 20 minutes trying to get there.

Andy you on something again, you have your panties in a wedgie or something :killingme:killingme fussing about LaPlata. Did you get run out of town by the PoPo :killingme
Traffic not nearly as bad as Waldorf, maybe at 4 to 5 when they rollup the sidewalks in the evening when all the county offices close, but there are several ways to get around traffic on 301, heck there are only 5 lights on 301, compared to how many on 301 in Waldorf.

I will agree with you Andy that alot of people bash Waldorf, but Ive lived in the area of Waldorf for 36 years, shopped and work there, I don't think twice about shopping there and enjoying the restaurants, but I will say 95% of my shopping time will be spent in daylight hours, and if for some reason I had to shop at night, which the spouse and I have done many times, I'd stick to the 301 area and not someplace like Smallwood Village Safeway, If for some reason I had to go Safeway I'd go out of my way to shop at Safeway in Markerplace then Smallwood after dark. JMO

Then move to Virginia.....

Waldorf traffic has tripled since you left and so has the crime. The commute will really get old fast.

I'm actually doing the commute now. My job has me up here for a 3-4 month rotation in belvoir. I decided to live near waldorf to test out the commute. It's actually is not as bad as I thought. It takes me about 50min-1hr to get there.

WALDORF!!! :jameo::jameo::jameo:

You people exaggaratte way too much. :killingme

There's crime in Waldorf, but it's not that bad. There are just little bits and little places to avoid *cough*acton*cough*.

I live in Waldorf, take walks all the time, go to the mall, and all that jazz. Guess what, I've never been mugged, shot or assulted. :jet:

Don't listen to the people on here, most of them live out in St. Mary's County in the middle of nowhere and just don't like bigger areas. It's not as bad as they're making it sound.

Buy a scanner - there was an attempted murder 2 days ago, and the police are constantly running B&E's...

Most of the calls in LaPlata are sick calls or traffic stops...

I've lived in Charles County 90% of my life and it has gotten exponentially worse. I have even lived in Waldorf - near the tail end I would not go out at night and walk around without something. Parents don't police their own children trying to live the "thug life" :lol:

We moved back to Bryantown when we could afford to do so to get away from being exposed to the Waldorf ghetto group invading the stores.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Buy a scanner - there was an attempted murder 2 days ago, and the police are constantly running B&E's...

Most of the calls in LaPlata are sick calls or traffic stops...

I've lived in Charles County 90% of my life and it has gotten exponentially worse. I have even lived in Waldorf - near the tail end I would not go out at night and walk around without something. Parents don't police their own children trying to live the "thug life" :lol:

We moved back to Bryantown when we could afford to do so to get away from being exposed to the Waldorf ghetto group invading the stores.
I've lived in the best and worst parts of Waldorf.

Whoopie, there was an attempted murder 2 days ago. I lived with my grandmother in Hampton Roads, Virginia for a while. That place makes Waldorf look like a Christian village where everybody loves the lord and thy neighbor. I had been brainwashed into thinking Waldorf was bad, so I was brave enough to take a 4 mile walk to the beach there.

Waldorf ain't shait. Once you've lived somewhere where there's an average of 2 murders a day, you'll think Waldorf is nothing.

Oh, and people, Great Mills Road ain't any better. :buttkick:

AndyMarquisLIVE

Andy you on something again, you have your panties in a wedgie or something :killingme:killingme fussing about LaPlata. Did you get run out of town by the PoPo :killingme
Traffic not nearly as bad as Waldorf, maybe at 4 to 5 when they rollup the sidewalks in the evening when all the county offices close, but there are several ways to get around traffic on 301, heck there are only 5 lights on 301, compared to how many on 301 in Waldorf.

I will agree with you Andy that alot of people bash Waldorf, but Ive lived in the area of Waldorf for 36 years, shopped and work there, I don't think twice about shopping there and enjoying the restaurants, but I will say 95% of my shopping time will be spent in daylight hours, and if for some reason I had to shop at night, which the spouse and I have done many times, I'd stick to the 301 area and not someplace like Smallwood Village Safeway, If for some reason I had to go Safeway I'd go out of my way to shop at Safeway in Markerplace then Smallwood after dark. JMO
I can deal with the red lights in Waldorf. It's much better than being stuck with those idiot drivers in La Plata. At least there's an excuse for unneccessarily slow traffic here.

La Plata traffic drives about 20 mph under the speed limit constantly. Between that and catching all the red lights, it takes 20 minutes to take a 4 mile drive there.

It rarely takes me that long to make a lunch run or something in Waldorf. It does take that long in La Plata, driving the same distance to get to lunch, everyday.

Most of the red lights in Waldorf are needed. There are places they stuck lights in La Plata that have no need for them, and then there's Washington-Rosewick. Man, I'm glad I don't have to drive through that cluster#### anymore.

robinsonhj

I understand the mall situation, I have to consider there isn't decent mall around so everyone in suitland, SE DC, oxon hill etc will come to waldorf. The traffice really doesn't bother me. Just don't want wake up in the middle of the night with someone breaking into the house or have the boys going to school with Bad A$$ kids.

CraneTaker77

I live in St.Mary's County and I probably venture to Waldorf at least once a week. It has gotten bad recently but you get that with any place where the population is higher. Charles County has Waldorf and Saint Mary's has got the Great Mills area. Either way I don't travel alone at night in those areas. I always make sure I got someone with me. But hey thats a good rule of thumb to follow in any area. As for traveling to Fort Belvoir, my Dad is currently working there, and he commutes there everyday from St. Mary's. He just always complains about the traffic in the evening.

I've lived in the best and worst parts of Waldorf.

Whoopie, there was an attempted murder 2 days ago. I lived with my grandmother in Hampton Roads, Virginia for a while. That place makes Waldorf look like a Christian village where everybody loves the lord and thy neighbor. I had been brainwashed into thinking Waldorf was bad, so I was brave enough to take a 4 mile walk to the beach there.

Waldorf ain't shait. Once you've lived somewhere where there's an average of 2 murders a day, you'll think Waldorf is nothing.

Oh, and people, Great Mills Road ain't any better. :buttkick:

I lived in Camp Springs - I know what it's like...

Let's go to the Thai Restaurant this weekend... hang out in Bannister near the Old 7-11... and see what happens!

I 'aint getting in another pissing contest with you about Waldorf... you should invest in a scanner and just listen. :huggy:

AndyMarquisLIVE

I understand the mall situation, I have to consider there isn't decent mall around so everyone in suitland, SE DC, oxon hill etc will come to waldorf. The traffice really doesn't bother me. Just don't want wake up in the middle of the night with someone breaking into the house or have the boys going to school with Bad A$$ kids.
There are bad kids everywhere.

There are some really good schools in Waldorf. Middleton is a great elementary school. :yay:

It's just that Charles County don't give you a choice.

I went to Westlake High School. Because, you know, that's a really bad school filled with gangsters and drug dealers and there are fights ther eeveryday and people getting shot and stuff. :jameo: :sarcasm:

Your kid is going to get exposed to bad people at one point or another in his life. Teach him right from wrong, teach it early, and he'll be fine at school.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Let's go to the Thai Restaurant this weekend... hang out in Bannister near the Old 7-11... and see what happens!

I 'aint getting in another pissing contest with you about Waldorf... you should invest in a scanner and just listen. :huggy:
Let's go to Thai Restaurant. :jet: I love me some thai food. :yum:

Like this dude and his kid are going to go to the old 7-11 at Bannister and hang out there every night. :rolleyes:

I live in St.Mary's County and I probably venture to Waldorf at least once a week. It has gotten bad recently but you get that with any place where the population is higher. Charles County has Waldorf and Saint Mary's has got the Great Mills area. Either way I don't travel alone at night in those areas. I always make sure I got someone with me. But hey thats a good rule of thumb to follow in any area. As for traveling to Fort Belvoir, my Dad is currently working there, and he commutes there everyday from St. Mary's. He just always complains about the traffic in the evening.

RobinsonHJ - You will be fine if you use common sense. Like CranTaker says above, it is prudent to have someone with you at night

Bad Azz kids are going to be in any school - just hope you taught your kids enough to stay away and not associate with these types of kids.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Scaredy cat. :rolleyes:

I travel alone a lot. And I live in one of the worser (yeah, yeah, I know it's not a word :duh:) parts of Waldorf.

Guess how many times someone's shot at me and hijacked my car? :jet: