Moving to Charles County?

CraneTaker77

Scaredy cat. :rolleyes:

I travel alone a lot. And I live in one of the worser (yeah, yeah, I know it's not a word :duh:) parts of Waldorf.

Guess how many times someone's shot at me and hijacked my car? :jet:

Well seeing that I'm a girl I like to take the precautions. And I don't know if your a guy( I can't Really know if your a guy or girl, from your user name i'd say your a guy, no offense if you aint!). But if you are a guy, you kinda have a better outcome in the situation. And I really don't think someone is going to wan't to hijack my truck. Your also used to living in that area, and know the in's and out's.

beamher

:shrug: it sounds like of bunch of wusses, talking about " i don't go here and i don't do this by myself or after dark"......

of course we should be concerned about safety but i'm sure there are some places that waldorf don't even touch the surface. we are aware of the crime, however, some people make it seem as if soon as you enter waldorf, you're bound to be a victim of crime. yes, i hate the attitude and mentality of some but that's only what they want-- is to see that they intimidate you.

OldHillcrestGuy

Guess how many times someone's shot at me and hijacked my car? :jet:

Andy from previous remarks from you, you have said how its a piece of junk Montero thats why it hasnt been stolen, no bling to it:killingme:killingme.
You live pretty darn close to one of the worse hoods in Waldorf (Acton La. area) if your Montero is so bad, guess you could leave the keys in it warming up on a cold morning and it would still be there when you came out to leave, have a nicer car and it would be gone in the Acton La. area.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Andy from previous remarks from you, you have said how its a piece of junk Montero thats why it hasnt been stolen, no bling to it:killingme:killingme.
You live pretty darn close to one of the worse hoods in Waldorf (Acton La. area) if your Montero is so bad, guess you could leave the keys in it warming up on a cold morning and it would still be there when you came out to leave, have a nicer car and it would be gone in the Acton La. area.
I left the keys in the car warming up when I was driving the Grand Am. It never dissappeared. :shrug:

AndyMarquisLIVE

:shrug: it sounds like of bunch of wusses, talking about " i don't go here and i don't do this by myself or after dark"......

of course we should be concerned about safety but i'm sure there are some places that waldorf don't even touch the surface. we are aware of the crime, however, some people make it seem as if soon as you enter waldorf, you're bound to be a victim of crime. yes, i hate the attitude and mentality of some but that's only what they want-- is to see that they intimidate you.
:yeahthat: It must suck living under their rocks. Never going to D.C., never going to any major city. If they're scared of Waldorf, they wouldn't last a minute in Hampton Roads or Ft. Washington or some of the other places I've been. They'd die of a heart attack before they got there. :killingme

OldHillcrestGuy

I don't know if your a guy( I can't Really know if your a guy or girl, from your user name i'd say your a guy, no offense if you aint!). But if you are a guy, you kinda have a better outcome in the situation. And I really don't think someone is going to wan't to hijack my truck. Your also used to living in that area, and know the in's and out's.

Andy is short for Andrea.:whistle::killingme:killingme

firstroundko

Registered Devil Dog
Just out of curiousity, how many of you ACTUALLY live in Acton Village? I live on Westdale Ct., and I haven't had any problems in two years of living there. Of course, not treating my neighbors like #### might have something to do with that........

"Oh noes, he lives in Acton VILLAGE!!!!!" :jameo:

It's not 'Thunderdome', and I'm not Mad Max. I'm just a regular guy - certainly no "thug", and I get along just fine.

CraneTaker77

:yeahthat: It must suck living under their rocks. Never going to D.C., never going to any major city. If they're scared of Waldorf, they wouldn't last a minute in Hampton Roads or Ft. Washington or some of the other places I've been. They'd die of a heart attack before they got there. :killingme

I actually am in D.C. very often. I work for Clark Construction and almost all of our jobs are in the D.C. area.

Just out of curiousity, how many of you ACTUALLY live in Acton Village? I live on Westdale Ct., and I haven't had any problems in two years of living there. Of course, not treating my neighbors like #### might have something to do with that........

"Oh noes, he lives in Acton VILLAGE!!!!!" :jameo:

It's not 'Thunderdome', and I'm not Mad Max. I'm just a regular guy - certainly no "thug", and I get along just fine.

My Sister-In-Law lived on Westdale - her car was stolen 3x from in front of her townhouse and that was 15 years ago! :yikes:

You cannot tell me it has gotten better! :lmao:

Seriously - you think people are whining? We have discussed this before. It is only prudent to go with someone else - why go alone if you cannot help to do so? :shrug: If you go out and are not aware of your surroundings you will make yourself more of a target than others... we all know this.

No one here is saying as soon as you enter Waldorf your going to get mugged - instead of what we said how about we sit back and say "heck yea, Waldorf is the BEST place to live, with NO crime... you can shop all night by yourself and keep your purse in your car with the GPS in the window - nothing will happen!"

No one here has said they are scared...

Hampton Roads is scary? :killingme please... I ahve been all over the US (including Hampton Roads) - but any city with a MLK Jr. BLVD is going to be trouble... I am waiting for Waldorf to rename Western Parkway then it will be fitting.

If you choose to live in Waldorf - great :yay: hope it all works out... but I can guarantee I can leave my house and car doors unlocked overnight, not lose a wink of sleep and all my items are still the way I left them!

AndyMarquisLIVE

No one here has said they are scared...

Hampton Roads is scary? :killingme please... I ahve been all over the US (including Hampton Roads) - but any city with a MLK Jr. BLVD is going to be trouble... I am waiting for Waldorf to rename Western Parkway then it will be fitting.

If you choose to live in Waldorf - great :yay: hope it all works out... but I can guarantee I can leave my house and car doors unlocked overnight, not lose a wink of sleep and all my items are still the way I left them!
Hampton Roads has an MLK Blvd. And, it always seems that MLK Blvd. is the ghetto zone. Had one in Fort Myers and that's where all the city's crime took place.

Western Parkway needs to be renamed "Western Dragway" because that's what the kids seem to use it as around here. I've called the cops out a few times and asked if they would step up patrolling in that area.

I leave my car doors unlocked overnight and all my items are the same way I left them. :shrug:

So, when are we going to Thai Restaurant? :jet:

:offtopic:

The problem with the Thai Restaurant is the people majority of people hanging out there are not from Charles County - they are from PG and DC...

I was told (from CC finest) that they leave drugs and weapons on the seat and go inside... they walk through the parking lot, look in plain view and wait for whomever to get into the car. Right then and there they are busted... how stupid can they be? :lol:

The SAD part of this story is lately, NAACP members have been video taping this and are waiting to bring up a law suit in case something gets out of hand. In the NAACP minds it is not about drugs or guns off the street it is about the wrong doing the police MIGHT do when they bust someone. Makes no sense...

AndyMarquisLIVE

:offtopic:

The problem with the Thai Restaurant is the people majority of people hanging out there are not from Charles County - they are from PG and DC...

I was told (from CC finest) that they leave drugs and weapons on the seat and go inside... they walk through the parking lot, look in plain view and wait for whomever to get into the car. Right then and there they are busted... how stupid can they be? :lol:

The SAD part of this story is lately, NAACP members have been video taping this and are waiting to bring up a law suit in case something gets out of hand. In the NAACP minds it is not about drugs or guns off the street it is about the wrong doing the police MIGHT do when they bust someone. Makes no sense...
Well, light drugs are everywhere. I mean, I know more people that smoke pot than don't. Quite honestly, I don't have a problem with it. In fact, I think they should legalize, tax and regulate the stupid plant.