My male cat

J

jp2854

Yah I agree k_JO Poor kitty. I am doing everything I can to keep him happy right now. Hes eating and sleeping hes now on the heating pad sleeping wiht his nose in teh blanket as he can't really hold his head up becasue hes so weak

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
jp2854 said:
Yah I agree k_JO Poor kitty. I am doing everything I can to keep him happy right now. Hes eating and sleeping hes now on the heating pad sleeping wiht his nose in teh blanket as he can't really hold his head up becasue hes so weak

Be careful with the heating pad..he really shouldn't be directly on it. If he's not eating and drinking, you can dehydrate him.

tes218

jp2854 said:
I don't plan on letting him suffer the vet gave me a food stimulator pill for him to make him want to eat. So far hes eating 3 forkfulls of food in 3hrs. The vet is just hoping its a kidney infection we will find out hwen she gets the rest of the test results back. Mom and I are both hoping its not cancer. I am doing everything I can to keep him warm and comfortable. I think I might stop by petco in the next few days nd buy him a sweater to keep him warm. He can't even hold his own head up hes got his nose int he carpet that is how weak he is but the vet said its because hes anemic. One of the other ladies on the forum suggested the I buy him food with iron in it. The vet also said to me to buy him some fish flavored food as it is really stinky and he will go for it. She seems to think right now hes nausiated that is why hes nto eating much and hes anemic so that makes him very weak. We are trying to pinpoint the actual cause of all of this so we can get whatever it is under control. If it is cancer I will do all in my powers to keep him comfortable and will do what the vet suggests in form of treatments for him too. I just can't lose another cat right now it was 6yrs ago yesterday that my male cat was diagnosed with diabetis and 2yrs after that had to be put to sleep this is just so depressing for me. Please dont get mad for all the run on here I am exhausted spent 3/4 of thenight up with my baby (the cat) and am very tired today probably will nap later if I can.

You're a good mom. :huggy:

J

jp2854

he isn't good i got bad news.. The vet told me hes got non regenerating anemia and she said she isn't sure on the infection route of if its alive or dead we will find out next week. She also said he could have cancer :((. I am so stressed out all I have done today is cry. I can't see straight today either.. I will post another pic i took with my cellphone today he looks so sad. He is sleeping on the heating pad in this pic He seems to love it so far which is good it keeps him nice and warm. He also hasn't left my room since i brought him up earlier I have been bringing catfood to him eery hour or so to see if i can get him to eat all he has had today is about 1 forkfull of food

Attachments

• 0810071109.jpg
    0810071109.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 102
Last edited by a moderator:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
jp2854 said:
he isn't good i got bad news.. The vet told me hes got non regenerating anemia and she said she isn't sure on the infection route of if its alive or dead we will find out next week. She also said he could have cancer :((. I am so stressed out all I have done today is cry. I can't see straight today either.. I will post another pic i took with my cellphone today he looks so sad. He is sleeping on the heating pad in this pic He seems to love it so far which is good it keeps him nice and warm. He also hasn't left my room since i brought him up earlier I have been bringing catfood to him eery hour or so to see if i can get him to eat all he has had today is about 1 forkfull of food
Oh, that poor thing. :huggy:

J

jp2854

yah i agree nickel...I love him to death and don't want to have to put him to sleep :((. I am hoping for a miracle

J

jp2854

thanks madmax i need all the hugs i can get i am so stressed and back to crying again i can't stand the fact that this might be the end for him :((

madMAX

jp2854 said:
thanks madmax i need all the hugs i can get i am so stressed and back to crying again i can't stand the fact that this might be the end for him :((

Please try to be strong for him, he knows you are upset and you dont want to put any more stress on him. Please try to enjoy the time that you have with him, hopefully, all will go well and the antibotics will work.

I know this is off the subject, but my dog wasnt eating last week (and he is a cronic beggar) and he had peed in the house (which he has never ever done in his 13 years) I feared the worse, I took himto the vet and it was an infection, the gave me antibotics and it took four days, but he is 100 percent better. My theory of my story is that give the medicine time to work, hopefully in a few days he will be back to his old self, but in the mean time try to be strong (kitty needs to you be).

J

jp2854

i am trying my hardest to stay strong i lost a cat 4yrs ago and just not ready for it again. He is my baby. I keep telling him i love him and want him to get better.

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
jp2854 said:
I already had this happen to me. I had to give away my 10yr old cat due to her not getting along with my aunts cat which has made me really sad because I had 0 choice but to bring her to a kill shelter. My aunt wouldn't give up her cat because she said I had too many (3) which isn't a lot of cats is all I can say.
:confused: Take it to a vet and do what's right. You've done it before haven't you?

J

jp2854

yes i have done it before waiting for other tests to come back to confirm what it really is. plus the vet still wants to run other tests dutch...

M

Mousebaby

Dutch6 said:
:confused: Take it to a vet and do what's right. You've done it before haven't you?

Dutch I don't know how you can come in here and do something like that! She is extremely tore up about this. Women who have animals and no children tend to have feelings for their animals like most women have for their children!!! How dare you judge her at a moment like this!!! You are one sad angry little man! :mad:

madMAX

jp2854 said:
i am trying my hardest to stay strong i lost a cat 4yrs ago and just not ready for it again. He is my baby. I keep telling him i love him and want him to get better.

Just keep telling him that, all you can do right now is comfort him (and yourself) until you get the results back.

Keep us posted. more :huggy: for you.

J

jp2854

well this am he woke me at 4 i got up and gave him some food and he chowed down he ate almost 1 forkful and then at 730 he at 3 forkfuls almost he was hungry I guess. I just wanted to tell you all he has an appetite. He also loves his pb treats. Mom said she walked by lastnight and he lifted his head and looked at her. I slept next to him lastnight and kept the heating pad going for him he seems to love it the best (beign on heat) hes a little less shaky today too. Mom and I are both praying the antibiotics do the trick and all we have to do is treat his anemia. The vet started him on a multiviatamin yesterday and I gave him a dose lastnight and one this am we are hoping that helps too becuase its got iron in it. I will post more later today maybe I will try an get another pic of him later depending on how he is doing.

Cowgirl

jp2854 said:
well this am he woke me at 4 i got up and gave him some food and he chowed down he ate almost 1 forkful and then at 730 he at 3 forkfuls almost he was hungry I guess. I just wanted to tell you all he has an appetite. He also loves his pb treats. Mom said she walked by lastnight and he lifted his head and looked at her. I slept next to him lastnight and kept the heating pad going for him he seems to love it the best (beign on heat) hes a little less shaky today too. Mom and I are both praying the antibiotics do the trick and all we have to do is treat his anemia. The vet started him on a multiviatamin yesterday and I gave him a dose lastnight and one this am we are hoping that helps too becuase its got iron in it. I will post more later today maybe I will try an get another pic of him later depending on how he is doing.

Glad to hear he's doing better. :huggy:

J

jp2854

yup i am glad he was actually hungry without the food stimulator but mom said to still give it to him to see if we can continue to get him to eat like a champ. He is laying next to me on the bed on the heating pad and sleeping guess eating wore him out. Just so you all know he is my baby and the only one I will ever have that is close to a child