My male cat

madMAX

jp2854 said:
well this am he woke me at 4 i got up and gave him some food and he chowed down he ate almost 1 forkful and then at 730 he at 3 forkfuls almost he was hungry I guess. I just wanted to tell you all he has an appetite. He also loves his pb treats. Mom said she walked by lastnight and he lifted his head and looked at her. I slept next to him lastnight and kept the heating pad going for him he seems to love it the best (beign on heat) hes a little less shaky today too. Mom and I are both praying the antibiotics do the trick and all we have to do is treat his anemia. The vet started him on a multiviatamin yesterday and I gave him a dose lastnight and one this am we are hoping that helps too becuase its got iron in it. I will post more later today maybe I will try an get another pic of him later depending on how he is doing.

Thats great -- hopefully he will be like my dog -- I told you that after a couple of days on the antibotic, he got his appetite back and was on his way back to his old self. It was a week ago yesterday that he went to the vet initally, and one week later, he is back 100%. It appears that your kitty is going the same route. Yeah for kitty. Keep us posted.

J

jp2854

His anemia will never go awya though as hes not making more blood to take care of it so the vet said. I am trying to stay positive and hope things get better for him. I am doing evertyhing I can to make him happy...I am hoping he does better each day. I am going to let him sleep as much as he can today on the heating pad. Thanks everyone that is worried about my kitty and asking how he is doing. I will keep you all posted and if you want you can send me a pm if you don't see me on here.

u gotta love me

jp2854 said:
His anemia will never go awya though as hes not making more blood to take care of it so the vet said. I am trying to stay positive and hope things get better for him. I am doing evertyhing I can to make him happy...I am hoping he does better each day. I am going to let him sleep as much as he can today on the heating pad. Thanks everyone that is worried about my kitty and asking how he is doing. I will keep you all posted and if you want you can send me a pm if you don't see me on here.

is he still doing better than yesterday??? :coffee:

J

jp2854

I thought he was til i just discovered all he is doing is lapping up the juice i take from another can of food and not eating the food i put on the dish for him except for a little of it. He is laying next to me as we speak shaking good... I feel bad for him :(. I wish I could make him all better :(

u gotta love me

jp2854 said:
I thought he was til i just discovered all he is doing is lapping up the juice i take from another can of food and not eating the food i put on the dish for him except for a little of it. He is laying next to me as we speak shaking good... I feel bad for him :(. I wish I could make him all better :(

do you have him directly on the heating pad or a blanket on top of it.

J

jp2854

u gotta love me said:
do you have him directly on the heating pad or a blanket on top of it.

I put the heating pad underneath my blanket so it isn't directly on it that is what I was told I could do to keep him warm. I would never in my right mind lay him directly on it it could burn him even though I have it set on warm. It just warms his fur up that is it as a matter of fact he loves being on it hes sleeping right now and I just cut it back on as hes starting to shake again :( poor picky (I call him that short for picasso so you all know)

u gotta love me

jp2854 said:
I put the heating pad underneath my blanket so it isn't directly on it that is what I was told I could do to keep him warm. I would never in my right mind lay him directly on it it could burn him even though I have it set on warm. It just warms his fur up that is it as a matter of fact he loves being on it hes sleeping right now and I just cut it back on as hes starting to shake again :( poor picky (I call him that short for picasso so you all know)

I'm sorry, I didnt mean for it to come across wrong. I just was thinking deyhration (?), . I hope he gets better.

J

jp2854

its ok i am not mad. the vet told me not to worry about him drinking because he gets enough water with hsi wetfood.

J

jp2854

here is the latest picture of him as of 710 tonight. He isn't doing good again. He only wants the juice out of the can of wetfood and hes shaky tonight. Right nwo hes got his paws over his eyes as you will see in the picture.

Attachments

• 0811071909.jpg
    0811071909.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 86

dawn

jp2854 said:
here is the latest picture of him as of 710 tonight. He isn't doing good again. He only wants the juice out of the can of wetfood and hes shaky tonight. Right nwo hes got his paws over his eyes as you will see in the picture.

At least he is trying -- with the juice anyway. My prayers are with you and kitty. please give him kisses for me.

J

jp2854

will do dawn. Hes been geting lots of love and kisses today..Right now hes on the heating pad sleeping (the heating pad is under my blanket) hes not directly on it.

J

jp2854

here is todays pic he was sleeping off the heating pad and not even shaking. He has had a pretty good appetite today he finished off one can of catfood that had like 3 teaspons plus a little in it and then this hafternoon hes has had 2 tablespoons of a new can of food but I had to pureee it for him since he likes soupy better than hard which is no biggy to me as long a I can get him to eat and that is all I care about. He also spent 2hrs up this am downstairs. He went down early this am and stayed down there til about 345 then after I fed him i brought him back up and he slept til 730 then he got up again and I fed him again as he was hungry and crying for food he came downstairs that time and stayed down til about 10'ish and he even spent a little time looking out the door and watching the birds go by. But right now he walked himself over to the heating pad and layed down so I turned it on to warm for him.

His eyes opened a little in this pc as he heard my phone making noises. He also just let me brush him just now and he didn't cry but he did turn over to his back and let me brush his belly just a little then he started shaking so i stopped. He is now back on the heating pad and relaxing too...I plan to not bother him again with the brush for a few days atleast i got some of the old food out of his fur and he looks a little better now.

Attachments

• 0812071408.jpg
    0812071408.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited by a moderator:
J

jp2854

he must be feelin a little better he is giving himself his first bath in over a week now ;)
or it could be the fact that hes on teh heating pad and its makign him feel semi good after sleeping the day away...he also just had about another 3 tablespoons of food (pureed catfood)..he has eaten almost a whole can of food today..I got 2 ready for tomorrow lets see if he can do all of that. I am hoping he gets better more and more each day well see though as the am seems ok then he crashes mid morning and is out for the day except for when i bring him food to my bedroom since hes too weak to really walk up and down the stairs.

u gotta love me

jp2854 said:
he must be feelin a little better he is giving himself his first bath in over a week now ;)
or it could be the fact that hes on teh heating pad and its makign him feel semi good after sleeping the day away...he also just had about another 3 tablespoons of food (pureed catfood)..he has eaten almost a whole can of food today..I got 2 ready for tomorrow lets see if he can do all of that. I am hoping he gets better more and more each day well see though as the am seems ok then he crashes mid morning and is out for the day except for when i bring him food to my bedroom since hes too weak to really walk up and down the stairs.

Hows he doing today?

J

jp2854

he is doing ok...I got more badnews today he doesn't have an infection so tomorrow night we are going back to the vet to be tested for feline aids/lukemia and if he has either mom and I talked about it we will mostlikely be putting him to sleep we aren't really sure which route we are going to have to go yet

J

jp2854

here is picassos pic tonight.

Attachments

• picaso 8=14-07.jpg
    picaso 8=14-07.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 66

dmh

jp2854 said:
here is picassos pic tonight.

He looks like he is feeling alot better. The very first picture you posted of him, didnt look very good at all. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

:huggy:

J

jp2854

thanks i find out more tomorrow night...I am hoping for a positive outcome....:)

J

jp2854

the vet did say sometimes because he been on baby aspin so long that he could have bleeding because of that....