My sick cat

kathie54

No green? Will pinch!
sounds like he had a rough time. i hope he feels a lot better in the next few days. by the way how long did this last from when the cat was found to when you got the needle out? im a cat and dog lover and if that happend to my pet i would be crying. :jameo: so good luck to your cat huntr1

kathie54 said:
by the way how long did this last from when the cat was found to when you got the needle out? im a cat and dog lover and if that happend to my pet i would be crying. :jameo: so good luck to your cat huntr1
Apparently, reading comprehension is not your friend. Had you read the thread, or atleast the first post and my most recent post from this morning, you would know the answer to your question.

Anywho,
Cat showed up with bloody neck. As soon as I saw it, I called the vet. They didn't have anybody there to see him immediately. I proceeded to 3 notch vet because I had heard of them, and they had somebody there that could see him. He was at the vet within 30 minutes of me seeing the blood on him. They cleaned him up and gave me antibiotics for him. They had no idea what caused it at the time. I followed the vets instructions from day one. Feb. 13 - March 9. 4 weeks.

kathie54 said:
sorry i didnt see that i read pretty fast im in my teens ok. :bigwhoop: :ohwell: :doh:
Kathie,
Just an FYI,
Around here, we appreciate the use of punctuation, capitalization and the rest of the standard rules on how to write in proper english as taught in elementary school. If you want to get respect, you will follow them here. We are not text messaging on cell phones, but rather using computers with full size monitors, fully capable of displaying entire words.

S

Smith

huntr1 said:
Kathie,
Just an FYI,
Around here, we appreciate the use of punctuation, capitalization and the rest of the standard rules on how to write in proper english as taught in elementary school. If you want to get respect, you will follow them here. We are not text messaging on cell phones, but rather using computers with full size monitors, fully capable of displaying entire words.

Nice Huntr1. I'm impressed that you put an apologetic teenager down with your inspiring message about grammer. I've been reading these forums for years and I'm always astounded at the ignorance and arrogance of most of the people who post everyday. Feel better putting someone down now, did it make your day? Did you happen to think that if she's reading SOMD forums, grammer and spelling are not required? What are you and everyone else who post here frequently leaving as an example? If she's reading the same junk on here that I read she fits in perfectly. Around here, "we" tolerate the Tiggers for who they are. I'm sure "we", the majority of the posters don't even know the mistakes being made in grammer and spelling. Now, leave your glass castle and go be nice to someone today.

kathie54

No green? Will pinch!
Thanks smith. I hope huntr1 feels alot better now im using capitlization. I mean come on i just posted so why dont some understand i was i a hurry to type it? Oh and by the way hutner1 i dont have a cellphone

Last edited:

Celts

kathie54 said:
Thanks smith. I hope huntr1 feels alot better now im using capitlization. I mean come on i just posted so why dont some understand i was i a hurry to type it? Oh and by the way hutner1 i dont have a cellphone
Just ignore her..You have the right to free speech..any way you want to use it is OK....Some people cant understand and need to put others down despite the fact you voiced honest concern for her cat.
Welcome to the Nut Forum!! :howdy:

Celts

huntr1 said:
Kathie,
Just an FYI,

Gee..feel better now you beat up someone who voiced honest conern for your cat?

BTW: Just HOW did that needle get into your cat?
Messy housekeeping?
Poor pet care?
Mean owner stabbing cat with sewing needles?
Good thing 3 Notch was there to help your cat.

greyhound

Celts said:
BTW: Just HOW did that needle get into your cat?
Messy housekeeping?
Poor pet care?
Mean owner stabbing cat with sewing needles?
Good thing 3 Notch was there to help your cat.

Did I miss something? Where did it say the cat was stabbed?

Celts

greyhound said:
Did I miss something? Where did it say the cat was stabbed?

Just trying to think of ways a sewing needle would get INTO a cat..
Either the cat did it or the human did it.
....you tell me how it got in there... :coffee:

greyhound

Celts said:
Just trying to think of ways a sewing needle would get INTO a cat..
Either the cat did it or the human did it.
....you tell me how it got in there... :coffee:

Where in this thread did it say a sewing needle was ina cat?

Celts

greyhound said:
Where in this thread did it say a sewing needle was ina cat?

Read the thread..Post #18...
It is in RED for your benefit...OK?

"Took him back to the vet on Friday, March 9. He still had an open wound in the neck. I had been washing it down with a warm compress every day to keep working the crap outta it. Walked into the vet that night, straight from work. Weighed him at the counter and then sat on the bench with him. Noticed that he had a scab over the wound and it was hanging 1/2 off (hadn't had a chance to wash the wound that day) so I gave it a gentle tug. It came right off. In the middle of the scab was 1/2 of a sewing needle, with about 2" of thread still thru the eye. Now we knew what caused the abcesses in the first place. When I first started washing the wound, he loved it. The last couple of days, he hated it. After I got the needle out, he went back to loving it. Now I knew why he didn't want me messing with it the last couple of days, the needle was working its way to the opening.

greyhound

Celts said:
Read the thread..Post #18...
It is in RED for your benefit...OK?

"Took him back to the vet on Friday, March 9. He still had an open wound in the neck. I had been washing it down with a warm compress every day to keep working the crap outta it. Walked into the vet that night, straight from work. Weighed him at the counter and then sat on the bench with him. Noticed that he had a scab over the wound and it was hanging 1/2 off (hadn't had a chance to wash the wound that day) so I gave it a gentle tug. It came right off. In the middle of the scab was 1/2 of a sewing needle, with about 2" of thread still thru the eye. Now we knew what caused the abcesses in the first place. When I first started washing the wound, he loved it. The last couple of days, he hated it. After I got the needle out, he went back to loving it. Now I knew why he didn't want me messing with it the last couple of days, the needle was working its way to the opening.

Thank you Celts...I missed that.
You seem to be coming across a little angry. I just didn't catch the part about the needle when I first read the thread. I asked for clarification.
Thank you again.

Celts

greyhound said:
Thank you Celts...I missed that.
You seem to be coming across a little angry. I just didn't catch the part about the needle when I first read the thread. I asked for clarification.
Thank you again.

All ya gotta do is read the thread..how hard is that?
I just wonder HOW the cat got a sewing needle inside its skin..either human or cat..no UFO activity here...
Not angry..just cheesed off answering obvious questions, not once but twice.
read the entire post before you ask stupid questions. :coffee:

greyhound

Celts said:
All ya gotta do is read the thread..how hard is that?
I just wonder HOW the cat got a sewing needle inside its skin..either human or cat..no UFO activity here...
Not angry..just cheesed off answering obvious questions, not once but twice.
read the entire post before you ask stupid questions. :coffee:

I take my "Thank You" away. :nerd:

kathie54

No green? Will pinch!
Celts said:
Just ignore her..You have the right to free speech..any way you want to use it is OK....Some people cant understand and need to put others down despite the fact you voiced honest concern for her cat.
Welcome to the Nut Forum!! :howdy:
thank you celts. i think hes just trying to "impress other board mebers" by putting me down. if anyone wants to know what im like ask me and ill tell you. youd be surprised how i act and what i do.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
kathie54 said:

Are you retarded?