New poll: 58% favor marijuana legalization

Hank

my war
and then there are people like me that have no problem with it being legal as soon as they figure out how to enforce its use.
they cant even get it right with beer, and that can be tested for on the spot, how are they going to handle smoking something that can stay in your system for days after.

Plus, where should the line be drawn, pot? crack? cocaine? heroin? or should there be no line and all of it legal.

for me at least, there are just too many questions that need to be answered before I would vote yes on it.

Marijuana Breathalyzer Close to Reality | High Times

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
and then there are people like me that have no problem with it being legal as soon as they figure out how to enforce its use.
they cant even get it right with beer, and that can be tested for on the spot, how are they going to handle smoking something that can stay in your system for days after.

Plus, where should the line be drawn, pot? crack? cocaine? heroin? or should there be no line and all of it legal.

for me at least, there are just too many questions that need to be answered before I would vote yes on it.

Legalize all of these, but don't allow any warning labels, problem should be gone by the end of the year.

Kevinthedog

Most people aren't so much advocating taxing it as much as trying to come up with compelling reasons for others to want to legalize it also. There are a lot of people who want it legalized just because there isn't a good reason for it to not be, protecting people from their own nature is not a good reason and foolhardy.

It's never really worked.
Not surprised that some are excited about the potential for taxing this. It's funny.... It's a weed and grows pretty readily. Should cost 5 cents an pound.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

you have been overseas, a lot of countries [I know Korea was this way] you walk into the pharmacy and get pretty much anything in stock - scripts do not exist

Larry Gude

Strung Out

OK, answer this question; what line? Why?

If we are a free people, if personal responsibility is the flip side of that coin, if being able to fail is the flip side of opportunity to succeed, what is the point of a line?

bcp

In My Opinion
OK, answer this question; what line? Why?

If we are a free people, if personal responsibility is the flip side of that coin, if being able to fail is the flip side of opportunity to succeed, what is the point of a line?

no lines? at all? and you dont see where this is going to cause more damage to the country?
You think we should maybe try to get past the damage done when gays started being allowed to get married first? or do you just think we should continue to tear down the morals of the U.S until such a point that nothing including murder is illegal.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
no lines? at all? and you dont see where this is going to cause more damage to the country?
You think we should maybe try to get past the damage done when gays started being allowed to get married first? or do you just think we should continue to tear down the morals of the U.S until such a point that nothing including murder is illegal.

When I was a kid, there were guns all over the place, chemicals under the counter to get you high, or kill you, lead paint to eat, no bike helmets and not an air bag in sight.

I didn't kill anyone. My sister did, I am convinced, try to kill me BUT, she did not poison me or shoot me. Her regrets are NOT my problem. I am just saying freedom means freedom and, clearly, there are other ways to prevent and/or limit consumption of stuff that is bad for you besides banning it.

To argue otherwise is NO different than the gun control movement of banning because people are not to be trusted with so much power.

Freedom and responsibility.

How can it be otherwise?

bcp

In My Opinion
When I was a kid, there were guns all over the place, chemicals under the counter to get you high, or kill you, lead paint to eat, no bike helmets and not an air bag in sight.

I didn't kill anyone. My sister did, I am convinced, try to kill me BUT, she did not poison me or shoot me. Her regrets are NOT my problem. I am just saying freedom means freedom and, clearly, there are other ways to prevent and/or limit consumption of stuff that is bad for you besides banning it.

To argue otherwise is NO different than the gun control movement of banning because people are not to be trusted with so much power.

Freedom and responsibility.

How can it be otherwise?

and yet you still argue that there will be no cost to society. How about treatment for these dopers that should be left to die, their choice right? not my job to come along and help them, or how many more will end up unemployed because of their drug use and end up on the taxpayers bill.
How about lawsuits when hotels etc.. refuse to allow them entrance? think it wont happen? the homos have already broken that line down. They shut down good moral business people, they sue churches, all because they want to force others to see them as normal.
Just like the dopers, make it legal and they will demand that it be seen as acceptable and normal, with no regard to who they hurt along the way.

and yet you still argue that there will be no cost to society. How about treatment for these dopers that should be left to die, their choice right? not my job to come along and help them, or how many more will end up unemployed because of their drug use and end up on the taxpayers bill.
How about lawsuits when hotels etc.. refuse to allow them entrance? think it wont happen? the homos have already broken that line down. They shut down good moral business people, they sue churches, all because they want to force others to see them as normal.
Just like the dopers, make it legal and they will demand that it be seen as acceptable and normal, with no regard to who they hurt along the way.
You mean like this...

Beg Apple: Subways overrun with homeless | New York Post

Chris0nllyn

Right, maybe we should continue to spend hundreds of billions of dollars on the war on drugs. It's been helping out so far.

Or, maybe we use the money saved for treatment.

Like Portugal.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
and yet you still argue that there will be no cost to society. .

Stop. Just stop.

I have never argued there would be NO cost. Clearly, there WILL be. However, ALL of that cost will be borne by those dumb enough or, at least, responsible for their own actions.

On the other hand is the ENORMOUS cost of drug prohibition, the violence we ALL get to pay for, the cops, the legal expenses, jail, the corrupt cops, the corrupt judges, the cynicism that comes from it all and, last, and perhaps most important;

No war on drugs = no rap music.

You really need to start thinking these things through.

bcp

In My Opinion
Stop. Just stop.

I have never argued there would be NO cost. Clearly, there WILL be. However, ALL of that cost will be borne by those dumb enough or, at least, responsible for their own actions.

On the other hand is the ENORMOUS cost of drug prohibition, the violence we ALL get to pay for, the cops, the legal expenses, jail, the corrupt cops, the corrupt judges, the cynicism that comes from it all and, last, and perhaps most important;

No war on drugs = no rap music.

You really need to start thinking these things through.

No, you stop and think things through.
I understand you are looking forward to killing off the Gerbers in favor of pot, cash crop right there I tell you, Twinkies aint paying you advertising dollars to put their product line on the wrapper of a gerber,, but on a bag of dope??? damn, the revenue would flow.
the dopers are not going to pay enough to cover their own medical, most will be the subsidy class where everyone else is paying their premiums for health care.
and, to take the money "wasted" on the war on drugs and use it on saving dopers, well, its still a waste, that money should be used to cover the debt that the doper politicians have run up.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I understand you are looking forward to killing off the Gerbers in favor of pot, cash crop right there I tell you, Twinkies aint paying you advertising dollars to put their product line on the wrapper of a gerber,, but on a bag of dope??? damn, the revenue would flow.
the dopers are not going to pay enough to cover their own medical, most will be the subsidy class where everyone else is paying their premiums for health care.
and, to take the money "wasted" on the war on drugs and use it on saving dopers, well, its still a waste, that money should be used to cover the debt that the doper politicians have run up.

If they ever do legalize it, I'm investing in Taco Bell.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

:lol:

You really never think, do you? Your mind is like a steel trap yet you engage in conversations seemingly seeking other views and stuff to think about.

Dope is a total loser crop because it is CHEAP to grow. ALL of the cost and profit in it, virtually ALL of it, is motivated by regulation, government regulation. In this case, illegality to varying degrees. If I was smart enough to be involved with the government I would have done it LONG before now. I can't even begin to imagine the sea of red tape that would be involved with growing drugs.

In any event, this is all lost on you. The war on drugs, clearly, costs society, including you, FAR more than it saves but, hey, you have your opinion.

Hold tight to it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If they ever do legalize it, I'm investing in Taco Bell.

Why?

Do you honestly believe mobs of people will suddenly start smoking dope and have only been held back by the law? Seriously?

If so, how come everyone doesn't drink? It's legal.

I swear we live in a land of perfect subjects. We do what government tells us is OK. We don't do what government says not to do.

Really????

Taco Bell stock won't be worth anymore then than it is now because there won't be some dramatic increase in pot heads.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yes.

This is what people really think.

I knew a guy once who actually said the ONLY reason he wasn't a murderer or a robber was because God said not to be. He saw absolutely NO moral basis for good behavior outside of his religion.

Now, I did the Sunday school thing, thou shalt nots, but, I was able to transition to adult taking the lords name in vain frequently and NOT killing people.

People who live like that, under orders, who don't smoke dope because it's against the law, who don't murder because it's against the law at the same time terrify me and make it clear how dictatorships so readily come into being.