New Vision Trash Service?

Zguy28

I thought about going to trash service, but decided I just wouldn't be lazy and would take the trash to the transfer station myself every weekend. Glad I chose wisely.

beamher

Wonderful, the same thing will probably happen to me. I am just so mad because they were doing so well. The letter I recieved in the begining of May said that there was not enough customers in our area ( I live in Westbury, in Lex Park) to have them come out twice a week.

On another note, did anyone else get a post card with another trash company on it saying it was like $20 a month for twice a month. I lost the card and I can't for the life of me remember the name of the company.

i have that postcard for the $20 service and just havent took the time to look into the company; i am and have been with wm since i been here and was wondering is it even worth switching(currently paying like $120-$130 per quarter).

Oh, btw, don't know which trash company it is that comes around 4am but i wish they quiet it down(lol); glad i'm already up for work tho.

kingreyam24

I live near Chancellors run regional park, they have not missed a pick up in the last four weeks. Strange how they can do good in one area and lousy in another.

That is weird. Maybe they just went down Chancellors run and said the hell with everyone else. It seems like anyone south of there got missed. Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they at least come by tomorrow because my trash is not smelling too great.

sevatter

I cancelled our service in April. I asked for a refund for May and June. I also told them to pick up their can. I'm still waiting for both. We used their can over the weekend for a party. I plan to set it out on Wednesday to see if they will empty it. If they do great, if not i'll dump it into the WM can for pick up on Friday.

Good luck getting your money back! We sent half of the amount since we are getting half of the service they agreed to provide for one year! They did cash that check. I had included a copy of their contract with things circled in red plus a letter explaining why I was sending only half of the amount.

As soon as our contract is up in August we are going to get another trash service and if NV ever comes for their trash can, well.....

Ancient One

Hello! We are in Hollywood MD just off 235. We were notified by a letter that was stuck under the lid of our trash can, which I did take a photo of just in case that was needed. Other than that, the only other notice we received was IF we tried to call their phone numbers, there was a recorded message stating the areas that were scheduled for Wednesday ONLY pick up. That started as of May 5th. Before that date and until the last two weeks of April, we had Monday and Thursday pick ups. We had at that time once a week pick up without notice and one week there was NO pick up and again NO notice was given as to why. The letter we received stated that they were having to go to this because of non-paying customers whiuch in my opinion is their problem , not mine. We have a signed CONTRACT for twice weekly pickup UNTIL Aug 13th, 2010.

Anyway, we are looking for another trash company as this one is COMPLETELY unacceptable. NEW VISION has not even responded to BBB complaints! That tells me a whole lot about the reputation of this company!

:cds: Today is Friday 11 june. After two weeks of Wednesday only pick ups i felt there was hope. They failed to show on Wednesday, 9 June. Could not get thru on the phone, imagine that. So I wound up senting a scathing email. In the past they also failed to respond to emails. Trash is still at the end of the driveway. The saga continues. (I hope somehow to end this farce soon.) :burning:

sevatter

:cds: Today is Friday 11 june. After two weeks of Wednesday only pick ups i felt there was hope. They failed to show on Wednesday, 9 June. Could not get thru on the phone, imagine that. So I wound up senting a scathing email. In the past they also failed to respond to emails. Trash is still at the end of the driveway. The saga continues. (I hope somehow to end this farce soon.) :burning:

I hear you and as of 5 seconds ago when I again tried to call them the recorded message siad they were "sorry they missed my call" I am not so sure of that as I have some choice words for these people! Imagine my surprise when the message said that the voice mail box was full! No wonder! They are not doing what they promised they would do! Our trash here in Hollywood has NOT been picked up again. Goode dropped a flyer in our mailbox so I asm going to call them! Tired of this BS with New Vision.

P

playerhater

They picked up the trash on Chancellor run road area the past 4 Wednesdays, maybe you need to set your trash can on chancellor run road, probably much better luck. So I wonder what areas they keep missing? You said your south of me before, is anyone one else getting there trashed picked up that live south of chancellor park area. If so what street, or location?

sevatter

They picked up the trash on Chancellor run road area the past 4 Wednesdays, maybe you need to set your trash can on chancellor run road, probably much better luck. So I wonder what areas they keep missing? You said your south of me before, is anyone one else getting there trashed picked up that live south of chancellor park area. If so what street, or location?

I cannot see a logical explanation as to where and when they pick up. We have friends in Lexington Park, Cedar Cove who have been missed when we were picked up yet, theirs was picked up this week and ours was not. We are off Jones Wharf Road and there are several people back here who are also customers. We see their trash cans sitting out like ours. I have tried to call and cannot get thru to NV. I have sent email and no response. FAX # is a constant busy.:shrug:

UPDATE: ARE YOU SITTING DOWN? I JUST CALLED AND ACTUALLY GOT TO TALK TO A PERSON, A YOUNG WOMAN WHO SAID THE TRUCK HAD A FLAT TIRE. THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO COME BACK ON THURSDAY AND SHE WOULD LET THEM KNOW. I TOLD HER TO TELL THE CEO HE HAD BETTER GET HIS ACT TOGETHER! A LOT OF VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS OVER HERE AND HE WAS GOING TO BE LOSING A LOT OF THEM BECAUSE OF THIS BULL####! SHE APOLOGIZED!!!!!!!

Last edited:

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
Does anyone have any experience with New Vision Trash Service? I found a paper flyer for them tucked in my front door. Their price is reasonable and it appears to be a company that's been around for a while in other states. I'm wondering if anyone else in St. Mary's Co. is pleased with their service? Thanks!

Don't change to them, the service is terrible. Some weeks they don't come at all. when you call them, you can rarely leave a message due to the mailbox being full! We deduct from our payment whenever they don't come. We are changing back and regret going with them and I suggest you don't!!!

Ancient One

This will be the last.

I cannot see a logical explanation as to where and when they pick up. We have friends in Lexington Park, Cedar Cove who have been missed when we were picked up yet, theirs was picked up this week and ours was not. We are off Jones Wharf Road and there are several people back here who are also customers. We see their trash cans sitting out like ours. I have tried to call and cannot get thru to NV. I have sent email and no response. FAX # is a constant busy.:shrug:

UPDATE: ARE YOU SITTING DOWN? I JUST CALLED AND ACTUALLY GOT TO TALK TO A PERSON, A YOUNG WOMAN WHO SAID THE TRUCK HAD A FLAT TIRE. THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO COME BACK ON THURSDAY AND SHE WOULD LET THEM KNOW. I TOLD HER TO TELL THE CEO HE HAD BETTER GET HIS ACT TOGETHER! A LOT OF VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS OVER HERE AND HE WAS GOING TO BE LOSING A LOT OF THEM BECAUSE OF THIS BULL####! SHE APOLOGIZED!!!!!!!

:faint: Yes! Yes! Miracle of miracles. I could not do it anymore, blood pressure issues. My wife called instead. A young lady by the name of Daisey spoke with her for almost 10 minutes. I was floored! Here are the basics of that conversation. Apparently if you live near or just off the Rt301 corredor your original pick up days were Mondays and Thursdays. That was changed to MONDAYS only. If a holiday falls on Monday then your pick up is on Wednesday. Because of the holiday pick up on Wednesdays, those who have regular Wednesday pickup may see it on Wednesday or Friday. My wife quietly explained what we have been through and YES SHE APOLOGIZED, :faint: She explained there had been many miscommunications among drivers and dispatchers recently and they were all working on it. :really: Either she is the only sincere one in the company or she is very good at what she does. I will with hold judgement for the time being. :twitch:

spinner

Am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with NV? They pick up my trash every week, they missed one Wednesday but picked it up the next day before I could even call. They take stuff that isn't in the can, close the can and don't leave it in the road like the other service I had used to do. Granted their customer service on the phone could be better, but I've only ever had to call twice. The letter about changing the service was on the can, it was quite clear. Sometimes for the good of the company you have to make changes, and I can see why with gas prices they would go to once a week, it didn't really make any difference to me. I've been very satisfied with their service.

sevatter

:faint: Yes! Yes! Miracle of miracles. I could not do it anymore, blood pressure issues. My wife called instead. A young lady by the name of Daisey spoke with her for almost 10 minutes. I was floored! Here are the basics of that conversation. Apparently if you live near or just off the Rt301 corredor your original pick up days were Mondays and Thursdays. That was changed to MONDAYS only. If a holiday falls on Monday then your pick up is on Wednesday. Because of the holiday pick up on Wednesdays, those who have regular Wednesday pickup may see it on Wednesday or Friday. My wife quietly explained what we have been through and YES SHE APOLOGIZED, :faint: She explained there had been many miscommunications among drivers and dispatchers recently and they were all working on it. :really: Either she is the only sincere one in the company or she is very good at what she does. I will with hold judgement for the time being. :twitch:

Well, it is 5:05pm on Friday June 11th and our trash can is still sitting at the end of our driveway filled and still waiting for pickup! It has gotten to the point that it is just not worth the aggravation with this company. Monday I will call Goode and see when we can start with them. What a pain in the posterior!

Ancient One

Well, it is 5:05pm on Friday June 11th and our trash can is still sitting at the end of our driveway filled and still waiting for pickup! It has gotten to the point that it is just not worth the aggravation with this company. Monday I will call Goode and see when we can start with them. What a pain in the posterior!

Regarding my last post. (Thanks you to those who contacted me on the side.) I did not want to imply what Daisey said was "absolute". If you have read only half of the posts in this thread you will see NV "promises" and statements are not always clear or accurate. I suggest if you are not sure or have issues like we do, you keep calling till you can verify your pick up days. Don't forget to get the person's name.

She also promised the trash would be picked up by 8pm yesterday. Yup, its still here.

Yes, we too are looking for reliable fairly priced service. If you come accross a company that fills your needs please post their name and number so it can be determined what areas they service,

mamissa3

We had NEw vision and quiclky swithced to Clean It Up after a couple of aggervating weeks of no pick up. SO far they have been good. We have service 2xs a week and it is gone before we get up in scheduled day! Hope it stays this way!! they are 20.00 a month with an extra 6.00 for recycle

Ancient One

They finally showed up. Driver knew nothing.

:doh: They finally came yesterday the 15th of June. I spoke with a few neighbors who also had three and four trash cans out, in addition to the NV green container. Apparently I am not crazy. They have not come around since the Wednesday after the holiday, over two weeks. Daisey lied! Oh horrors of horrors.:drama: Till we can find a company who services our area we will be putting the trash out on Mondays waiting for the pick up when ever they come. :deadhorse

sevatter

:doh: They finally came yesterday the 15th of June. I spoke with a few neighbors who also had three and four trash cans out, in addition to the NV green container. Apparently I am not crazy. They have not come around since the Wednesday after the holiday, over two weeks. Daisey lied! Oh horrors of horrors.:drama: Till we can find a company who services our area we will be putting the trash out on Mondays waiting for the pick up when ever they come. :deadhorse

Today is supposed to be our pick-up day but it was NOT picked up last week. Daisy said they had a flat tire on the truck. Some of our frieds had their trash picked up but no one in our neighborhood. We have added more trash to what has been waiting for a week. They owe us additional weeks since they did NOT pick up 2 weeks back in APril and then last week. I have it written on my calendar.

N

Nikki

New Vision Trash Service

Today is supposed to be our pick-up day but it was NOT picked up last week. Daisy said they had a flat tire on the truck. Some of our frieds had their trash picked up but no one in our neighborhood. We have added more trash to what has been waiting for a week. They owe us additional weeks since they did NOT pick up 2 weeks back in APril and then last week. I have it written on my calendar.

We live in Port Tobacco and like everone else we were impressed with the price of their service they offered. Last July we signed the contract, really everything was going along just fine up until April. I've done just like everyone on here is saying called..but the voice mail is full, emailed but just to find out the email is not a valid address, tried to fax a termination letter over to them..not a valid number. Got the paper attached to the trashcan but we signed for a 2 a week service-that is a breech of contract. It doesn't say anywhere on the conract due to change at anytime. The last time my trash was picked up was a Saturday after the note was attached the week beforehand. But my trash day was told by a recording on their phone will be Fridays. Something in April broke in the truck causing some kind of fluid to go all over my trash cans and also my grass area. The cans were scrubbed but my grass died completely. The truck was in front of the house for a 1/2 hour I went out there and said what is this all over everything and they denied it. The bill came for New Vision in May, we paid it hoping this company would straighten out. But it hasn't. We have had to go to the dump several times. We have put a complaint into the BBB but not too sure if it really mattered at this point. We are thinking about filing suit in small claims court againest this company. Mainly so we can get out of this contract since the fax number isn't working.

Ancient One

Class action suit an option?

We live in Port Tobacco and like everone else we were impressed with the price of their service they offered. Last July we signed the contract, really everything was going along just fine up until April. I've done just like everyone on here is saying called..but the voice mail is full, emailed but just to find out the email is not a valid address, tried to fax a termination letter over to them..not a valid number. Got the paper attached to the trashcan but we signed for a 2 a week service-that is a breech of contract. It doesn't say anywhere on the conract due to change at anytime. The last time my trash was picked up was a Saturday after the note was attached the week beforehand. But my trash day was told by a recording on their phone will be Fridays. Something in April broke in the truck causing some kind of fluid to go all over my trash cans and also my grass area. The cans were scrubbed but my grass died completely. The truck was in front of the house for a 1/2 hour I went out there and said what is this all over everything and they denied it. The bill came for New Vision in May, we paid it hoping this company would straighten out. But it hasn't. We have had to go to the dump several times. We have put a complaint into the BBB but not too sure if it really mattered at this point. We are thinking about filing suit in small claims court againest this company. Mainly so we can get out of this contract since the fax number isn't working.

:evil: I am not a lawyer but one of my neighbors mentioned "Class action suit". Someone would have to find an attorney willing to take the case because, from what I understand they, the lawyers, get paid a percentage of the suit only if they win. Anyway if one does start up let me know. :spank:

FASTPITCHDAD

Finally, last Wed the 9th after 3 weeks without pick up, NV showed up. But yesterday was supposed to be our pick up day, and again NV was a no show. Did anyone else get trash pick up yesterday?

smais

We still have not had our trash picked up. It has been 2 weeks. My husband keeps calling and NV keeps saying they are coming. Sorry to our neighbors that have to look at our "filled" trash can every day.