Nhl 2014/15

Chris0nllyn

1.3 seconds. One point three seconds? We don't care about any stinking 1.3 seconds.

Our 1.1 second - ONE POINT ONE SECOND - last night by our playoff goal scoring machine Tyler Johnson (eight goals) puts your clock beater to shame.

Lightning going for the sweep tonight in unusual back to back games in the playoffs.

Let's go Lightning!

Bolts have been on a roll. I don't want to jinx it, but ti could be Caps/Bolts for the Division.

jg21

Caps better win this thing Sunday night, or I see a familiar ending coming. I have faith that this is a different team with a different system, but game 7s are such a crapshoot...unless you lose 5-0.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Caps better win this thing Sunday night, or I see a familiar ending coming. I have faith that this is a different team with a different system, but game 7s are such a crapshoot...unless you lose 5-0.

I would argue you do NOT have faith that this is a different team based on your 'had better win Sunday' comment. I know I have none. Until they do it, win the cup, they are the same team with the same tradition. :buddies:

jg21

I would argue you do NOT have faith that this is a different team based on your 'had better win Sunday' comment. I know I have none. Until they do it, win the cup, they are the same team with the same tradition. :buddies:

Haha, you're right...20% of me believes this is a different team, but the other 80% remembers the past too clearly. I just hope we see a handshake line tonight!

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Lightning really need to win at home tomorrow. Saw the end of the Caps/Rangers yesterday at the airport deplaning in Tampa.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Haha, you're right...20% of me believes this is a different team, but the other 80% remembers the past too clearly. I just hope we see a handshake line tonight!

I am torn. Part of me, out of shear morbid fascination, want to go to the local bar here in a bit and watch how agonizingly they lose tonight. The other part wants to go because it will be a huge thrill if they win. So, in a way, I can't lose.

Hank

my war
I am torn. Part of me, out of shear morbid fascination, want to go to the local bar here in a bit and watch how agonizingly they lose tonight. The other part wants to go because it will be a huge thrill if they win. So, in a way, I can't lose.

Plus a bar sells beer! :buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

I could not believe Green taking those two BONE head X checks, back to back. I mean, they had plenty of time to get that one back but, this was 7 ONE goal games!!!! You CAN'T do that when there is that little room for error!!! Credit the Rangers. They don't give up very much and they had the speed and discipline to keep 8 in check all game. Even the goal, his man reacted properly and it had to be a really good pass and shot.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
:razz:

Attachments

• 11229710_10155529421400076_6285175484355833930_n.jpg
    11229710_10155529421400076_6285175484355833930_n.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 194

jg21

I could not believe Green taking those two BONE head X checks, back to back. I mean, they had plenty of time to get that one back but, this was 7 ONE goal games!!!! You CAN'T do that when there is that little room for error!!! Credit the Rangand the Ducks.ers. They don't give up very much and they had the speed and discipline to keep 8 in check all game. Even the goal, his man reacted properly and it had to be a really good pass and shot.

Green is a UFA. I say good riddance. Been saying that for 2 years, actually.

Now, as much as I hate to pull for a SoCal hockey team, will have to root for BB and the Ducks.

Hank

my war
I could not believe Green taking those two BONE head X checks, back to back. I mean, they had plenty of time to get that one back but, this was 7 ONE goal games!!!! You CAN'T do that when there is that little room for error!!! Credit the Rangers. They don't give up very much and they had the speed and discipline to keep 8 in check all game. Even the goal, his man reacted properly and it had to be a really good pass and shot.

Yeah, Man. I have been really down on Green for the past few years, but he really upped his game this year under Trotz. They need to be more disciplined w/ taking stupid penalties and that was a complaint of mine throughout the year. The positive that I will take out of this season is Trotz and Holtby. The man is a helluva coach and Holtby has proven that he is a caliber starting goaltender in the NHL. I think he negotiates a new contract this off season. Expect a nice raise. Much respect to the Rangers. Lundqvist is as good as you get, but Holtby was not far behind. So, I will be bummed out for a few days, then come Fall I will be getting ready to watch another 82 games of Caps Hockey. I better see the cup in DC before I die!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah, Man. I have been really down on Green for the past few years, but he really upped his game this year under Trotz. They need to be more disciplined w/ taking stupid penalties and that was a complaint of mine throughout the year. The positive that I will take out of this season is Trotz and Holtby. The man is a helluva coach and Holtby has proven that he is a caliber starting goaltender in the NHL. I think he negotiates a new contract this off season. Expect a nice raise. Much respect to the Rangers. Lundqvist is as good as you get, but Holtby was not far behind. So, I will be bummed out for a few days, then come Fall I will be getting ready to watch another 82 games of Caps Hockey. I better see the cup in DC before I die!

We're cursed. Guy on the radio said 'we don't know how to win'. Another was glass half full, like you, they're getting better. Doesn't matter. Cursed.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
The Lightning were cursed with an against bounce off the thigh pad then off the shin pad into the goal for the Rangers. Still counts. Tough loss for TB, but on to Monday we go.......

I love that caption of Ovechkin hoisting the golf bag - any number of teams could have the same tag.

Hank

my war
We're cursed. Guy on the radio said 'we don't know how to win'. Another was glass half full, like you, they're getting better. Doesn't matter. Cursed.

I have always said the Cap Centre was on Indian burial grounds and that is where all the bad juju is from.... Same can be said about The Skins.

Last edited: