No Black Nurses to care for Baby per Dad's request

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Curious, why did you deny that particular doctor? Had you heard horror stories about them? And if you don't mind, who was the doctor?

The group I went to had several doctors, don't remember exactly how many. My primary was not on duty the day I went into labor, and the one doctor in the group that I didn't care for showed up. I told him there was no way he was delivering, another doc from the group showed up.

sockgirl77

BCP, I hope that you never need CPR while in a black area and are forced to receive it by a black person. You will not have much choice in the matter then. But, I'd love to be there to video tape it and play it back for you...over and over again.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
This happens ALLL the time. And it isnt just black nurses. I even had a family ask their nurse if I could be replaced as their CNA with a black one to make their family memeber more comfortable. And MORE than once had male pts ask for an "older" CNA to put in their catheters :killingme... I have had pts ask for either male or female cargivers, diffferent races, different ages, etc

See? Everybody wants a degree of comfort. Nobody likes being in the hospital as it is.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
however I would only go with a younger black doctor that didnt have the chance of being affirmative action placed.

3/4 of my doctor visits revolve around some sort of azz trauma so I don't care what color you are. If you can palm a basketball your out.

I suppose there would be more for you to attack if there was no affirmative action.
But then, if affirmative action were to end tomorrow, I would have no issue with a black doctor, however I would only go with a younger black doctor that didnt have the chance of being affirmative action placed.

More for me to attack? Oh nevermind

#### it. Just let his racist fake christian ass die.

I'm giving up :lol:

The group I went to had several doctors, don't remember exactly how many. My primary was not on duty the day I went into labor, and the one doctor in the group that I didn't care for showed up. I told him there was no way he was delivering, another doc from the group showed up.

Ohhh I see. Had you seen that doctor before? Well, that's probably a silly question.....I imagine so since he was in the group of doctors you saw and you knew enough not to like him. I was asking because at some point I'll be delivering another baby....just wondering if there was one I should turn away and why :lol:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
More for me to attack? Oh nevermind

I'm giving up :lol:

Ohhh I see. Had you seen that doctor before? Well, that's probably a silly question.....I imagine so since he was in the group of doctors you saw and you knew enough not to like him. I was asking because at some point I'll be delivering another baby....just wondering if there was one I should turn away and why :lol:

It wasn't around here.

MMM_donuts

I think it's good for stories like this to be publicized to remind us all that racism continues to exist.

I have to say, idk what the right thing to do here would be but I think in a health care setting you are supposed to put your beliefs aside and treat the individual. Your job is to heal, not to judge.

sockgirl77

I think it's good for stories like this to be publicized to remind us all that racism continues to exist.

I have to say, idk what the right thing to do here would be but I think in a health care setting you are supposed to put your beliefs aside and treat the individual. Your job is to heal, not to judge.

This was not about someone not wanting to treat the bigot's kid. This was about the bigot not wanting someone to treat his kid.

mAlice

professional daydreamer

I agree. If the patient is uncomfortable with someone, or the parent, their wishes should be respected, even if it rubs someone the wrong way. Get over it and move on to the next patient.