No thread on the overturned boat at Myrtle pt?

chess

low 5... hi 5......
Cigarette type boat over turned coming around Pt Patience around 530ish. 2 people onboard. 1 with injuries and they are looking for the other. This is info from someone that was up fishing in front of Hulas so, I don't know how much truth there is to it

you and I both know the guy that owns and pilots this boat.... i hope he aint missing...

chess

low 5... hi 5......
Bobby owns the boat, and pilots it.. I know him and Jay rather well....

I hope it wasnt Bobby that is missing

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
The hope is that it is still a rescue and not recovery! I have everyone saying prayers.

Unfortunatley now, what 18 hrs. later, I'd say it is most likely a recovery. If he was on the surface of the water he would of been rescued fairly quickly IMO. I was going over the bridge yesterday shortly after it happened and there were atleast 20 boats I could see on the river from the bridge so there were plenty of eyes in the area.

Can the community help with the on land search are they asking for any help?

I would donate my time until my daughter got home from school.

That would be great if someone was doing that! I am in FL like I said and won't be in MD until next week. I wish there was something I could do. I feel helpless.

jlfree25

Steelers Fan 4-life
That would be great if someone was doing that! I am in FL like I said and won't be in MD until next week. I wish there was something I could do. I feel helpless.

I wonder who I could call. I would guess the more people the better.. :shrug: I would even take the 4-wheeler and search in wooded area's

CraneTaker77

Bobby is the one who is in the hospital still. he is in intensive care. I know this because my best friend is Jay's cousin, and her boyfriend Will runs with them. I called her early this morning as soon as I heard of it because I know alot of there family friends are in the race boat crowd.

Last edited:
Bobby is the one who is in the hospital still. he is in intensive care. I know this because my best friend is Jay's cousin, and her boyfriend Will runs with them. I called her early this morning as soon as I heard of it because I know alot of there family friends are in the race boat crowd.

Do you know which hospital? I had heard that one was flown out and the other two were at CMH? Do you know who the other 2 people are?

I just had a voice mail from my GF. She said too that Bobby is at shock trama and is in really bad shape. Some of her friends spent last night with him. I guess the boat flipped several times, freak accident? I don't know if it is random people or if they have a group searching but her friends were going down to help look for Pat.

Jameo

What?!
Lots of boats out there still looking around. :frown: Even people on there private boats out searching.

C

CalvertNewbie

thoughts and prayers to the family

:yeahthat: What a horrible story. I'm hoping for a miracle for this missing boater. He's been missing for quite some time already but imo, it's still too soon to give up hope. Being born & raised up on Long Island, and spending so much time out on the water boating, I've seen/heard about way too many tragedies. But I've also seen amazing rescues so I have faith that he can still be found alive. He and his family/friends are in my thoughts.

warneckutz

:yeahthat:

Hoping to go visit him tomorrow if it's permitted. :frown:

5ohhh

:yeahthat: What a horrible story. I'm hoping for a miracle for this missing boater. He's been missing for quite some time already but imo, it's still too soon to give up hope. Being born & raised up on Long Island, and spending so much time out on the water boating, I've seen/heard about way too many tragedies. But I've also seen amazing rescues so I have faith that he can still be found alive. He and his family/friends are in my thoughts.

not to mention the person missing is a VERY strong willed person with alot to live for including his family whom he is very close to

CraneTaker77

I'm not sure which hospital, I'd imagine that it might be pg shock trauma,but I'm not sure. I didn't get much info from my friend, she was halfway asleep. But she did say that they had hit a wave, and flew out of the boat. But don't quote me on that, I might have not took it right.

I heard the same thing. Was told they flipped like 4 or 5 times... that Bobby has internal bleeding, broken ribs, broken collar bone, problems with his kidneys. I just keep praying.... I'm hoping for the best for all involved. I don't know Josh or Kenny but hope they are well.

CraneTaker77

I heard the same thing. Was told they flipped like 4 or 5 times... that Bobby has internal bleeding, broken ribs, broken collar bone, problems with his kidneys. I just keep praying.... I'm hoping for the best for all involved. I don't know Josh or Kenny but hope they are well.

yea, thats about what I heard. I'm hoping for the best too. I don't know Josh or Kenny either,but If they've been to one of Jay's parties, I would reconize them probably, because I've been to a few with my friend and her family.

cgwife

I'm not sure which hospital, I'd imagine that it might be pg shock trauma,but I'm not sure. I didn't get much info from my friend, she was halfway asleep. But she did say that they had hit a wave, and flew out of the boat. But don't quote me on that, I might have not took it right.

As I was listening to the scanner last night, they indicated they were flying him to PG Shock Trauma. Unless that changed during flight, that was the plan.

My thoughts are prayers are with all involved.