No thread on the overturned boat at Myrtle pt?

:yay:
I agree.
My ole man was at Seabreeze yesterday and he said some guy was saying that the boat broke in half? Rumor mills.....

I worked with Bobby a few years ago. I hope he recovers. Sounds like it'll be tough. We used to give each other a lot of crap about our boats; I sail and he obviously likes horsepower. It's tempting to call him, but I doubt that he's in any shape for a phone call.

Everybody keep posting updates, please. Still hoping for a miracle for the missing guy, too.

I am headed down there tonight, Pat's wife will not leave the pier... it is sad, she is in a severe state of shock.

C

CalvertNewbie

I am headed down there tonight, Pat's wife will not leave the pier... it is sad, she is in a severe state of shock.

This breaks my heart. I just looked at their website. It seems that one of their sons is also very involved with Pat's business. How sad this whole situation is. Still no word on Pat?

So are they still searching?
I only met Pat's wife a few times at Tiki and Seabreeze and have no idea what that poor lady must be going through. I have known Pat since he started at the plant. Prayers are all I can offer... It's still hard to believe that it happened.
Any word on how Bobby is doing?

This breaks my heart. I just looked at their website. It seems that one of their sons is also very involved with Pat's business. How sad this whole situation is. Still no word on Pat?

So are they still searching?
I only met Pat's wife a few times at Tiki and Seabreeze and have no idea what that poor lady must be going through. I have known Pat since he started at the plant. Prayers are all I can offer... It's still hard to believe that it happened.
Any word on how Bobby is doing?

No word as of yet.

Pat and Debbie's boys were their life, the oldest was Pat's partner with the race boat he just put together... and worked with him on motors and in the prop-shop. The youngest is taking it the hardest... both boys are good kids and I am numb just thinking about what they are going through.

Deb and I have been friends since 9th grade and I met Pat when he just got out the Marines right when they got married. Pat had his 'quirks' :lol: but he was a trip and always willing to help someone out. I often posted his name and number to send work his way...

Official searching has ended.

Supposedly, he's awake but in a lot of pain (understandable). I was told his mother is fielding phone calls on his cell. He can make outgoing calls but can't accept incoming calls at the moment.

I am glad he is doing well, and I hope all three make a full recovery. :yay:

Jameo

What?!

No word as of yet.

Pat and Debbie's boys were their life, the oldest was Pat's partner with the race boat he just put together... and worked with him on motors and in the prop-shop. The youngest is taking it the hardest... both boys are good kids and I am numb just thinking about what they are going through.

Deb and I have been friends since 9th grade and I met Pat when he just got out the Marines right when they got married. Pat had his 'quirks' :lol: but he was a trip and always willing to help someone out. I often posted his name and number to send work his way...

Official searching has ended.

I am glad he is doing well, and I hope all three make a full recovery. :yay:

That is so sad :frown:

abmwrider

From the Reiter Racing Website.

During a test run of the "Hot Licks Boat" in the Patuxent River near Solomons Island Maryland, at approximately 4:45 pm on Sunday October 12th , 2008 an accident occurred.

Pat Reiter was driving,

Bobby B on throttles,

Passengers, Josh Gibbons and Kevin

The boat was traveling up river from Solomons Island and going around Point Patience, #8 red marker, the boat suddenly hooked and went into a barrel roll. This information comes from Josh Gibbons and the fisherman that aided in rescuing victims afloat. Cause of the accident is yet unknown. The boat was taken by DNR for investigation.

Josh Gibbons was released from the hospital the same evening. Kevin has a laceration to his leg and is still in the hospital. Bobby B has a lacerated kidney, broken ribs and concussion. Bobby is still in the hospital as well.

The rescue and search started immediately including the Coast Guard, Helicopters, DNR, State Police and went on into the night on Sunday the 12th.

The search picked back up early in the morning of Monday the 13th. A lot of friends with their own vessels, DNR, Coast Guard, Dive and rescue teams, and local search and rescue teams, searched the shore lines, and the river where the accident occurred. The search was called off at around 7:pm. This search will resume on Tuesday the 14th.

As of 7:00pm on Monday, Pat has not been found.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Deb, Dustin, Cody.

I will keep this updated daily.

Marcelo Parodi (Crew Chief and friend)

Welcome to Reiter Racing

Hoover

As of this morning Pat has still not been found. We are going down this afternoon to help serch. Debbie is holding a self vigual at the docks, she will not leave until they find him, this is not a good sign. Her brother-in-law (clevalley's bff) and sister are down there holding her up.

Last edited:

5ohhh

Any word on the what might have been the cause of the accident. I can almost gaurentee Pat would have not hit a sandbar...he knows better and knows the water way too well. Im almost lead to believe something mechanical let go mid turn. Im not very firmaliar with the offshore stuff but my dad and grandpa have drag boat raced for 15 years and I know if a prop breaks it makes the boat do crazy things...also what happens when a motor lets go on a boat with a dual out drive? It would be nice to find SOMETHING so even if the search for Pat continues we can get some relief knowing it was a freak accident...and put idiots like those at st. marys today in their place...

LordStanley

I know nothing
Any word on the what might have been the cause of the accident. I can almost gaurentee Pat would have not hit a sandbar...he knows better and knows the water way too well. Im almost lead to believe something mechanical let go mid turn. Im not very firmaliar with the offshore stuff but my dad and grandpa have drag boat raced for 15 years and I know if a prop breaks it makes the boat do crazy things...also what happens when a motor lets go on a boat with a dual out drive? It would be nice to find SOMETHING so even if the search for Pat continues we can get some relief knowing it was a freak accident...and put idiots like those at st. marys today in their place...

That will never happen. That Rag is pure trash and is not worth reading. They don’t care about the news or reporting facts. They only care about themselves and their Biased opinions, which are nothing more than a poor attempt to create shock value in order to possibly sell papers.

How his business hasn’t been fire bombed yet is a mystery to me.

Oh what I meant to say was

How they stay in business is a mystery to me.

jlfree25

Steelers Fan 4-life
That will never happen. That Rag is pure trash and is not worth reading. They don’t care about the news or reporting facts. They only care about themselves and their Biased opinions, which are nothing more than a poor attempt to create shock value in order to possibly sell papers.

How his business hasn’t been fire bombed yet is a mystery to me.

Oh what I meant to say was

How they stay in business is a mystery to me.

I was just wondering if Bobby is injured like he is could it be possable that PAt is laid up on a beach somewhere like clarks landing, elms, or somewhere secluded on bese to hurt to move. Is there any land search I want to help if there is I and fellow neighbors will bring ATV's if need be.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
I'd be more than willing to bet it was just a freak accident. Probably pushing the limits, as he's supposed to during a test and something snapped or went the wrong way and flipped over. Highly doubtful he hit a sandbar.

Clevalley
Thanks for the update. So sad to see the search is over. My heart goes out to ALL!

War
Thanks for the update on Bobby. I've always loved that cute little shiat!

Jameo

What?!
Clevalley
Thanks for the update. So sad to see the search is over. My heart goes out to ALL!

War
Thanks for the update on Bobby. I've always loved that cute little shiat!

As of about an hour ago there was a coast guard (I believe) and a few other boats still out there slowly moving up and down the shore line.

Last edited:

LastSon

Man of Tomorrow
Such a terrible tragedy, but as others have noted I wanted to point out and make it very clear that Pat did not hit the sandbar. There was a boater who witnessed the accident. The boat had cleared the marker and evidently went airborne after hitting turmulence on the other side, cocked to the side and rolled numerous times.

There has been a land search. The search area as of yesterday had been from the mouth of the bay to as far north as St.Leonard's Creek, including all tributaries, both by air and water. Today divers are back out and diving to the farthest depths they can. The water in that area can be up to 100+ feet. They are also diving around all the pier pilings.

Squirrel was a great guy and will truly be missed by all those who knew him. Thoughts and prayers with Debbie, Dustin, Cody and the rest of his family and friends.