No thread on the overturned boat at Myrtle pt?

Trying2Ride

Kenny still needs to have the skin grfting surgery, the couldn't use his skin so todays surery was cleaning it up amd removal of the skin

38 formula fastech.

Its a very sad day. I just saw the four of them earlier today at Battle creek. My thoughts and prayers go out to The Reiter Family

your source is wrong

4 people in the boat... 3 rescued... One missing...

Boat over turned between Myrtal Pt and Point patients.

Its still under investigation. No one knows if the boat hit a roller at the wrong angle and fliped or cut the marker at Pt Patients too close and hit the bar.

the baynet is semi-correct.

Bobby owns the boat, and pilots it.. I know him and Jay rather well....

I hope it wasnt Bobby that is missing

Pat was doing work on the boat (38' go fast) and were out on a test run when they flipped it. The Coast Guard has been doing grid searches since the accident and I believe they have abandoned the search...

Talking with Pat's brother-in-law (one of my closest friend) they were probably going close to 100mph... they (BIL and friends) are out on the river now and still have not found him yet. Pat's wife who I have known for more 25 years is a mess and needless to say the kids are in shock.

It is a sad day for the go-fast community, Pat was an awesome mechanic and fabricator - and I considered him good friend. These boys who run in Battle Creek know of Pat and the work he did... My heart goes out to his family in this time of need. :bawl:

I just talked with my mother who just left from seeing the family, she told me the same.

My heart is with them as well and I still hope for the best.

I want to ride down there, but I am sure it is a mad house... I have been calling K.E. on and off all day ensuring he is OK. I know most of Pat's boating buds are down there and I just want to stay out of Debbie's way until she needs something.

Tell Mom and Dad we said hi. :huggy:

nicole_M

Our thoughts and prayers going out to the friends and family...

My husband had just met the guys Saturday night on the poker run.

:frown:

JackMD

Bobby owns the boat, and pilots it.. I know him and Jay rather well....

I hope it wasnt Bobby that is missing

Bobby is up at PG Hospital. Pat is the one that is missing. Both Bobby and Pat are experienced drivers. It had to have been a wave, I'm sure they wouldn't have hit that sandbar.

My prayers are with them and their familes.

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
I know a man who races this boat.

The owner of the and the mechanic had just gotten a new engine for it and wanted to see what it would do. THey went out with two other friends. Were practicing racing techniques hit a wake and flipped. No information on the status of the patients, but that is what happened.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I want to ride down there, but I am sure it is a mad house... I have been calling K.E. on and off all day ensuring he is OK. I know most of Pat's boating buds are down there and I just want to stay out of Debbie's way until she needs something.

Tell Mom and Dad we said hi. :huggy:
:yeahthat:

My boat engine was "Reiter Blue" with "Reiter Racing" stickers all over it. Soon as I raised the hatch, you knew Pat had been in there. He had tuned a few props for me too.

What a sad, sad day. :frown:

Jameo

What?!
I know a man who races this boat.

The owner of the and the mechanic had just gotten a new engine for it and wanted to see what it would do. THey went out with two other friends. Were practicing racing techniques hit a wake and flipped. No information on the status of the patients, but that is what happened.

If they hit the sandbar wouldn't there more a lot more damage to the boat? From what I've seen and heard there is not a lot of damage to the boat :shrug:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
If they hit the sandbar wouldn't there more a lot more damage to the boat? From what I've seen and heard there is not a lot of damage to the boat :shrug:
She didn't say they hit the bar, she said they hit a wake. :confused:

LordStanley

I know nothing
Pat was doing work on the boat (38' go fast) and were out on a test run when they flipped it. The Coast Guard has been doing grid searches since the accident and I believe they have abandoned the search...

Talking with Pat's brother-in-law (one of my closest friend) they were probably going close to 100mph... they (BIL and friends) are out on the river now and still have not found him yet. Pat's wife who I have known for more 25 years is a mess and needless to say the kids are in shock.

It is a sad day for the go-fast community, Pat was an awesome mechanic and fabricator - and I considered him good friend. These boys who run in Battle Creek know of Pat and the work he did... My heart goes out to his family in this time of need. :bawl:

Yeah, I missed this accident by just minutes. I left battle creek after the skins game ended, headed to Drum Point to drop off a friend and headed to tiki. Friends of mine got the word that the boat rolled, and took off like a bat out of hell from Solomons harbor in a boat, with the Coast Guard close behind. At this point we all assumed that everyone was accounted for. When they got there, the 3 were rescued, but the search was on for Pat.

My friends stayed out until Dusk/Dark then headed back.

Pat had done some work on my boat in the past as well. He was a good person. Always friendly and willing to help anyone in need. Especially when it came to fixing a boat or building an engine for someone. So talented!!!!!

:yeahthat:

My boat engine was "Reiter Blue" with "Reiter Racing" stickers all over it. Soon as I raised the hatch, you knew Pat had been in there. He had tuned a few props for me too.

What a sad, sad day. :frown:

Yes it is.... Such a tragedy. He will be greatly missed.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I know this. Maybe I quoted the wrong person. But people keep saying something about then hitting the sandbar and I'm just asking a question :kiss:
I'm not used to seeing you make mistakes. I needed to draw you out to explain! :lmao::love:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I know right!? Me, make a mistake?! As if :drama: :roflmao: Anyways, answer my question dammit :bubble:
Oh oops.

Well it depends. They could have hit the sand bar and shot right over it (not saying they did) or hit the bar and pulverized the boat.

Same with hitting a rogue wave. I've seen boats stuff a wave and disintegrate and I've seen them flip and stay intact. Looks like the latter occurred here but I haven't seen the boat except in Danzigs photo's.

I hit a rogue wave 2 years ago in a poker run and had mine pointing straight up at a 90 degree angle. All I could see was sky. Needless to say, the sphincter was slammed shut and I was lucky.

My thoughts go out to Deb. and his family.

bohman

I worked with Bobby a few years ago. I hope he recovers. Sounds like it'll be tough. We used to give each other a lot of crap about our boats; I sail and he obviously likes horsepower. It's tempting to call him, but I doubt that he's in any shape for a phone call.

Everybody keep posting updates, please. Still hoping for a miracle for the missing guy, too.