OK SmallTown is full of it!

K

Katie

Jeezz I leave to do some work for a while and my thread explodes into other stuff.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by SmallTown
Kinda like the notion of everyone having guns. with everyone having a 16lb bowling ball in their hand, nobody will start anything :biggrin:

16 pound bowling ball at Suitland? See, you really don't know what you're talking about.:biggrin:

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by Kain99
Maybe it's duck pins. :biggrin:

ah yes, the 10oz beer of bowling :biggrin:

for someone who has bowled all his life, first thing that comes to mind when you mention bowling alley is the "other kind". I always thought it would be fun to try duckpin bowling.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
ah yes, the 10oz beer of bowling :biggrin:

for someone who has bowled all his life, first thing that comes to mind when you mention bowling alley is the "other kind". I always thought it would be fun to try duckpin bowling.

All your life? Darling, duckpin bowling is the original bowling after candlepins and started before you were born. Tenpins came later. AND it is extremely popular in New England where you'd be hard pressed to find one of your beloved rednecks.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Re: Re: Re: Re: OK SmallTown is full of it!

Originally posted by watercolor23
In agreement there. HONESTLY, I will tell you that I use to be known as a 'fag hag' with a FEW of my gay friends and have gone to Dupont Circle at 10 pm at night and then left at 2am. No one bothered me, and such. SAW ALOT- but whoda thunkit when they were acting so 'THUPER'. Met the infamous Cookie Boufett too. That was a real gem!

Therein lies the problem, WC.:biggrin: I work right around the corner from Dupont Circle...nice place to have lunch, right there in the park. The area is fine.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by cattitude
All your life? Darling, duckpin bowling is the original bowling after candlepins and started before you were born. Tenpins came later. AND it is extremely popular in New England where you'd be hard pressed to find one of your beloved rednecks.

Why the attitude? The 10oz comment refered to the ball size, not rednecks. :rolleyes:

And if you're going to get an attitude, at least buff up the history you're talking about.
http://www.duckpins.com/common/info/

Last edited:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Why the attitude? The 10oz comment refered to the ball size, not rednecks. :rolleyes:

And if you're going to get an attitude, at least buff up the history you're talking about.
http://www.duckpins.com/common/info/

I don't have an attitude and I'm aware of this history. What was wrong with what I posted?

p.s. loved the way you edited your post when you initially didn't get a response.

SmallTown

Football season!
I don't have an attitude and I'm aware of this history. What was wrong with what I posted?

p.s. loved the way you edited your post when you initially didn't get a response.

Yea. Ok.

I edited by adding the link. I know it was bad to see your little history lesson was wrong. Don't fret, I wasn't aware of it either. I went to the duckpin site to find out more about the subject, and came across the history. if you would like, I can erase the edit part and put the link in a new message?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Yea. Ok.

I edited by adding the link. I know it was bad to see your little history lesson was wrong. Don't fret, I wasn't aware of it either. I went to the duckpin site to find out more about the subject, and came across the history. if you would like, I can erase the edit part and put the link in a new message?

What part was wrong?

Better yet, never mind. Been bowling duckpins longer than you've been alive and been involved in the DPBA..no need to discuss this with you.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by Katie
That is not entirely the residents fault. They can't fix the road, that isn't their job, that is the counties job. Those buildings were falling apart, that isn't their fault either. What do you expect for old buildings built in the 40's(or whatever year it was). I saw some of the people did make their yards look nice, and then there was some that looked like trash. Don't judge a person by where they live. You don't know anything about them or the story of why they are there.

You should read "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand.

SmallTown

Football season!
What part was wrong?

Darling, duckpin bowling is the original bowling after candlepins and started before you were born. Tenpins came later. AND it is extremely popular in New England where you'd be hard pressed to find one of your beloved rednecks.

First was the obvious miscue with the redneck comment, then timeline.

At the turn of the century, bowling leagues operated only during the winter months. In the summer, many centers closed down. However, a few centers (including Diamond Alleys) remained open for open play during the spring and summer. Diamond Alleys had some smaller six inch balls that were used for such off-the-wall games as cocked-hat (using only the 1, 7, and 10 pins) and five back (using the 5, 7, 8, 9, and 10 pins).During one of these matches, Frank Van Sant, the manager at Diamond Alleys, was drawn into a conversation about the small balls. Someone suggested that a set of his old, battered tenpins could be made over into little pins to conform to the six inch ball. Several days later, an old set was sent to John Dettmar, a wood-turner in Baltimore. About ten days later, Van Sant gathered all his regulars and dumped the new little pins in front of them.

Within minutes, the little pins were set up on the tenpin spots and the first unofficial "small ball" game was underway.

How was duckpin original, and before tenpin bowling, when it was "born" from tenpin?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Man! You guys are cranky today!

To whoever said the flattops aren't that bad - what are you smokin'? The whole place is a slum filled with druggies and people beating the sh*t out of each other. Ask any cop and he'll tell you all kinds of stories about what goes on with those sterling citizens. True, it's not every single one of them - but it IS enough of them that anyone who'd walk through there after dark is an idiot.

DC is a crime infested cesspool as well and I don't blame Katie one bit for not wanting to walk to her car by herself. DC people are ruder than sh*t - make New Yorkers look like Andy Griffith. Dupont Circle is okay because everyone's gay - they have no desire to prey on you.

As for why a woman would be concerned being the only white girl on the Suitland train - hello! Take a look at crime statistics! The VAST majority of crime in DC is commited by blacks. Maybe if they didn't prey on so many people, we wouldn't be afraid of them, ya think? Being the only white person on a train in Lincoln, NE is VERY different than trying that in DC. Just because you're wary of black ghetto guys with cornrows and chains doesn't make you a bigot - it makes you smart.

K

Kain99

Please excuse this unscheduled interuption!

All forum members are diligently researching duck pin bowling in an effort to shut Smalltown up! :lmao:

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Maybe if they didn't prey on so many people, we wouldn't be afraid of them, ya think

I loved Chris Rock talking about the difference between black people, and Ns. How they always blame the media for distorting their image... "When I look behind my back when I go to the ATM at night, i'm not looking for the media, I'm looking for Ns! Ted Koppel aint never took crap from me, Ns Have! "

I roll whenever I hear that skit. The whole thing is hilarious!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by sleuth14
You should read "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand.
EVERYBODY should read it.

Picking up the trash in your yard is free. Cleaning the grime off your door is free. This is not an issue of money. Plus, flattops residents have enough money for beer and drugs - no, serious, ask the cops - but they don't have enough money to keep their living conditions tidy?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by Kain99
Please excuse this unscheduled interuption!

All forum members are diligently researching duck pin bowling in an effort to shut Smalltown up! :lmao:

I know the history.