OPM Hacking attack

dgates80

Land of the lost
Yup. Got "The Email" myself yesterday. Life lock, yada yada. "Large aerospace contractor" company. F-ing great. Got hit byAnthem hack too.

Yup. Got "The Email" myself yesterday. Life lock, yada yada. "Large aerospace contractor" company. F-ing great. Got hit byAnthem hack too.

I'm half expecting to hear from them too. Already subscribed to AllClear from the Anthem hack.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I went and flagged my credit for 90 days (max).

And marked the calendar for every 3 months.

dgates80

Land of the lost
I'm half expecting to hear from them too. Already subscribed to AllClear from the Anthem hack.

Sheesh, next we'll all be comparing the pros and cons of various ID theft prevent / fixit companies. I just wish the stupid-o people that were supposed to be securing the data had done their daym job in the first place.

And oh, what about the ID's of OTHER people that may have been compromised as a result of MY records at OPM, like my wife for example, or the people I may have put down as references? Do they get Life Lock for free too?

Of, folks, this isn't free to the government either, I bet LifeLock Inc. 10k is gonna be sweet this quarter. Are they publicly traded? They just got 18 million new customers, that's GOTTA be good for the stock price. Sadly.

Sheesh, next we'll all be comparing the pros and cons of various ID theft prevent / fixit companies. I just wish the stupid-o people that were supposed to be securing the data had done their daym job in the first place.

And oh, what about the ID's of OTHER people that may have been compromised as a result of MY records at OPM, like my wife for example, or the people I may have put down as references? Do they get Life Lock for free too?

Of, folks, this isn't free to the government either, I bet LifeLock Inc. 10k is gonna be sweet this quarter. Are they publicly traded? They just got 18 million new customers, that's GOTTA be good for the stock price. Sadly.
Hate to say it, but that crossed my mind too. Wouldn't it be a kick if this was all staged, the hack made to look like it came from China, just to get the fear factor pumped up for sales? Offer it 'for free' for a few months, then the customer continues to pay for it after that.

When i signed up for AllClear, there was an option to sign up spouse, kids, etc.... but I think it was only immediate family.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Hate to say it, but that crossed my mind too. Wouldn't it be a kick if this was all staged, the hack made to look like it came from China, just to get the fear factor pumped up for sales? Offer it 'for free' for a few months, then the customer continues to pay for it after that.

When i signed up for AllClear, there was an option to sign up spouse, kids, etc.... but I think it was only immediate family.

My kid wanted her SSA# to apply for jobs online. I declined and only gave her the last 4 numbers. She said that wouldn't be accepted. I don't want her compromised if I am.

dgates80

Land of the lost

Good to know, thanks.

I think, if I recall right, they they are offering at least one and I *think* two years of LifeLock, until Dec. 2016 or Dec. 2017. I'd have to go look at the email again.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I just got my letter from OPM - been retired nearly six years now. I get 18 months of credit monitoring and ID theft for 18 months from a company called CSID out of Livonia, Mi.

Anyone else get that same company as security?

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I just got my letter from OPM - been retired nearly six years now. I get 18 months of credit monitoring and ID theft for 18 months from a company called CSID out of Livonia, Mi.

Anyone else get that same company as security?

Yes and they have a bad history of performance.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Yes and they have a bad history of performance.

Thanks for the encouragement. Did you get the same? I've had LifeLock for years now, so I should be OK, as long as they don't attack each other over my info.

PeoplesElbow

It was an e-mail that was sent out at work.
I will look for it tomorrow and will post it.

Thanks, I signed up with them today. They was able to show me where my SSN had been pulled in the past for a background check for renting apartments when I was in college. Thought that was pretty neat.