OPM Hacking attack

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
It was an e-mail that was sent out at work.
I will look for it tomorrow and will post it.

Thanks, I signed up with them today. They was able to show me where my SSN had been pulled in the past for a background check for renting apartments when I was in college. Thought that was pretty neat.

I must of deleted it, sorry.
I just signed up today, so we shall see.
Hopefully all goes well.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Thanks, I signed up with them today. They was able to show me where my SSN had been pulled in the past for a background check for renting apartments when I was in college. Thought that was pretty neat.

Although my letter states "...regardless of whether or not they explicitly take action to enroll, will have $1 million of identity theft insurance and access to full service identity restoration provided by CSID until 12/7/16."

That date, BTW just happens to be exactly 18 months after my birthday. Does anyone else have a correlation like that? Or was June 7 the common starting point?

I guess I might as well sign up and see what happens.

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

Update:

Investigators ultimately determined that 19.7 million applicants for security clearances had their Social Security numbers and other personal information stolen and 1.8 million relatives and other associates also had information taken, according to OPM. That includes 3.6 million of the current and former government employees for a total of 22.1 million.

NTNG

So this was in my inbox this am, regarding annual training: " - PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION (PII) Refresher Training - Due 30 Sept 2015"

You cant make this stuff up...

BernieP

Resident PIA
That won't cause any issues now, will it? :coffee:

Sooner or later people are gong to be out of work because their security clearance wasn't renewed.
Between sequestration and the Navy Yard shooting (and the resulting investigation into the background check process) background checks were backed up.
I know people who had to have their clearance down graded because they couldn't get a background check done in time, now the time is expiring on that clearance and no check.