Osprey are coming!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrX

High Octane
Nothing like what DE shoots, but here is one I shot in Solomons.

Original looks much better, guess they get compressed when you upload them. :ohwell:

Attachments

• DSC_5899.jpg
    DSC_5899.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 64

Jameo

What?!
Have the osprey packed their bag and headed south already? I haven't seen any around my house for like 2 wks now.

Have the osprey packed their bag and headed south already? I haven't seen any around my house for like 2 wks now.

They are gone. I saw a heron standing on ones nest yesterday and suddenly realized I hadn't seen an osprey for a while.

I just saw a full nest at Cove point park last week. But I went there last night and didn't see them.

About a month ago I was watching a group of six or seven flying around together. It caught my attention since I usually only see a pair at most.
Most of them were just circling, but one kept swooping down and then flying staight up! Not just pulling up, but flying up. I'd never seen any kind of bird do that. I'm thinking it was an advanced flying class before heading South.:lmao:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Not hearing the babies making any noise outside my office anymore. Turkey Vultures are out there now.

MrX

High Octane
About a month ago I was watching a group of six or seven flying around together. It caught my attention since I usually only see a pair at most.
Most of them were just circling, but one kept swooping down and then flying staight up! Not just pulling up, but flying up. I'd never seen any kind of bird do that. I'm thinking it was an advanced flying class before heading South.:lmao:

:killingme

Maybe they were practicing flying in a hurricane?

I think it looks great!

Thanks!

I

Inkpen

You are right!!! They were the juveniles working out before heading south as a "flock" of sorts.

Stats indicate less then 50% of first year juveniles make it south.

I

Inkpen

I am closing this thread..as the season is over.

To follow up and report you osprey stories, number of babies, etc, here is new thread

I look forward to the stories and the final "count". Thanks for a great Osprey thread and all the photos!!!!!
You guys and gals are great!!!:howdy:

Status
Not open for further replies.