Planned Parenthood

tommyjones

why do you keep equating this to saving a life?

you're (the person doing the operation) creating the life .... you know many will die. You aren't saving any lives. Just killing several and possibly making 1.

exactly, its more like lining up 4 people on operating tables and rolling the dice to see which one you are going to try to save, knowing that even that has a minimal cahnce of survival. You KNOW 3 are going to die, and you HOPE that one will not.

Xaquin44

exactly, its more like lining up 4 people on operating tables and rolling the dice to see which one you are going to try to save, knowing that even that has a minimal cahnce of survival. You KNOW 3 are going to die, and you HOPE that one will not.

and remember that you're the reason they're on the table dying in the first place.

This_person

why do you keep equating this to saving a life?

you're (the person doing the operation) creating the life .... you know many will die. You aren't saving any lives. Just killing several and possibly making 1.
I'm equating it because they're very, very similar. The intent of IVF is life, even though some won't make it. The intent of abortion is killing, with absolutely no regard to the likelihood of it making it without your intention action. The life that doesn't make it is sad and unfortunate, but there is no manual killing, it's just statistically not likely for 100% to go through the entire process. It's statistically likely for close to 100% of the babies sucked into a vaccuum tube to die at the hands of the doctor, the willing mother, and the people who pay for it all. One is in the hands of nature to allow life to exist, the other is in the hands of the people intentionally stopping a human from life.

Xaquin44

I'm equating it because they're very, very similar. The intent of IVF is life, even though some won't make it. The intent of abortion is killing, with absolutely no regard to the likelihood of it making it without your intention action. The life that doesn't make it is sad and unfortunate, but there is no manual killing, it's just statistically not likely for 100% to go through the entire process. It's statistically likely for close to 100% of the babies sucked into a vaccuum tube to die at the hands of the doctor, the willing mother, and the people who pay for it all. One is in the hands of nature to allow life to exist, the other is in the hands of the people intentionally stopping a human from life.

intent doesn't matter. If you know 100% you're going to kill a few babies but your intent is making one baby, you are still knowingly killing babies.

This_person

intent doesn't matter. If you know 100% you're going to kill a few babies but your intent is making one baby, you are still knowingly killing babies.
That's like saying if you masturbate, you're knowingly killing potential babies.

It's just not the same thing as actually sucking a human into a vacuum and destroying the body. Trying to have a full term pregnancy and failing is not the same thing as destroying a human being.

Xaquin44

That's like saying if you masturbate, you're knowingly killing potential babies.

no .... it isn't. Sperm =/= a baby.

It's just not the same thing as actually sucking a human into a vacuum and destroying the body. Trying to have a full term pregnancy and failing is not the same thing as destroying a human being.

It's actually pushing humans out (a sort of reverse vacuum) and destroying the bodies.

Dork

Highlander's MPD
Planned Parenthood is a wonderful organization.

Prevention is the key, but they are there if some people do not utilize the protection they (Planned Parenthood) are there to provide.

Stupid people (red, yellow, green, etc) should not reproduce.

I'm not going to read all the posts. Too many! But, I have to disagree that you think Planned Parenthood is wonderful. They suck!

I really hate the liberal mindset. Kill the babies, but save the trees. Oh, and don't execute the murderers either. Why doesn't that baby have a right to live just like the rest of us? Why is that baby's life less important than the mother's "choice" or the trees in the forest? Why is it more important to stand outside a jail and protest an execution than it is to stand outside an abortion clinic to protest abortions?

What is wrong with people? That unborn baby should be protected. For all I care, chop down the trees and let's get rid of all the scum on death row as quickly as possible but, please give these kids a chance. I just don't get it.

This_person

I was.

Miscarriage is natural, In vitro can hardly be called natural.
Putting it in is not natural. Once it's there, it's pretty natural. The miscarriages that happen from it are far more natural than an invasive procedure designed at yanking out the baby and destroying it.

This_person

I doubt if anyone has every said this in a serious tone.
What about the rest of Dork's questions?
...Why doesn't that baby have a right to live just like the rest of us? Why is that baby's life less important than the mother's "choice" or the trees in the forest? Why is it more important to stand outside a jail and protest an execution than it is to stand outside an abortion clinic to protest abortions?

Xaquin44

Putting it in is not natural. Once it's there, it's pretty natural. The miscarriages that happen from it are far more natural than an invasive procedure designed at yanking out the baby and destroying it.

No, once 'in there' it is anything but natural. Unless perhaps you'd find preengineered embryos en masse in nature. Growing on a tree maybe?

also, I'm 100% certain that implanting embryos is fairly invasive. the only differences being you may get a child, but you will definatly kill more lives.

This_person

No, once 'in there' it is anything but natural. Unless perhaps you'd find preengineered embryos en masse in nature. Growing on a tree maybe?

also, I'm 100% certain that implanting embryos is fairly invasive. the only differences being you may get a child, but you will definatly kill more lives.
We've gone well beyond repeating ourselves enough that clearly neither one will "see the light" of the other's argument.

You believe something magic happens on the first day of the second trimester that turns a clump of cells into a human life (kinda), and I believe it's a human life from the beginning. You believe a mother has the right to kill her child up until a certain day of it's existence, and then she doesn't, and I believe she (virtually) never does. You believe an unnatural act of trying to get pregnant is just as murderous as destroying a human baby intentionally.

We'll never see eye to eye on this, and we've gone beyond useful debate.