Police Car at Carwash

Pandora

I worked for a police department for 17 years and if the guys wanted a clean car, they knew where the hose and the car soap was in the garage, otherwise, they paid out of pocket at the car wash so stop it with this bashing..... fricken haters, jealous you don't have a fricken patrol car. :moon:

I worked for a police department for 17 years and if the guys wanted a clean car, they knew where the hose and the car soap was in the garage, otherwise, they paid out of pocket at the car wash so stop it with this bashing..... fricken haters, jealous you don't have a fricken patrol car. :moon:

I wish I had a patrol car. :ohwell: Maybe I can find me a nice Crown Vic to turn into a hooptie. :lol:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
But the OP doesn't know the situation. Maybe the car got egged. Maybe it was behind a garbage truck that was spewing nasty liquid. Maybe a flock of geese crapped all over it. :shrug:
She got attacked pretty hard here though (imagine that). All she did was ask (and maybe imply a lil sumpin sumpin).

And look, I'm defending her (imagine that). :faint:

Cowgirl

She got attacked pretty hard here though (imagine that). All she did was ask (and maybe imply a lil sumpin sumpin).

And look, I'm defending her (imagine that). :faint:

I think she certainly implied something. :lmao: She even included they got the *gasp* rainex! :faint: :lol:

sommpd

I don't know if I am going to get myself into trouble for asking this, but today at about 5:30pm I was at the Chesaldine car wash (the robot one) and there was a police car in front of me with two officers inside it in uniform getting a wash. They got the $10 wash (with the RainX). With the current economic problems and tighter budgets etc. should they be getting $10 washes at tax payer expense??? I just always assumed they washed their own vehicles at the station/garage. Am I wrong?

The answer here is this. I know the two officers you speak of, one a brand new rookie, and the other their FTO. The officers paid for the wash on their own, and were even on their own time after working their eleven and a half hour shift.

I apprecitate your problem with tax payer dollars paying for this. Having a take home car is part of the officers fringe benefits, part of the hiring package. This benefit works for both the officers and the citizens, due to the countless hours of non-paid service the citizens get from officers driving these cars to and from their homes, and off duty assignments.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Good Lord, I wouldn't care if it cost $20 and was on my dime.... How many cars are in the fleet? How many people pay taxes in the county? I'm sure the math ends up being pennies if that a week. I'd rather my tax dollars go to the people that actually provide me a service than most of the POS welfare recipients. :pete:

frequentflier

happy to be living
Good Lord, I wouldn't care if it cost $20 and was on my dime.... How many cars are in the fleet? How many people pay taxes in the county? I'm sure the math ends up being pennies if that a week. I'd rather my tax dollars go to the people that actually provide me a service than most of the POS welfare recipients. :pete:

:yeahthat:

glhs837

Power with Control
Hey, sommpd, thanks for the real facts.

Other officers/supporters, who imply that even asking is being disrespectful, you sadden me. If the question is phrased correctly, there should be no reason to respond in kind. Either provide options, or information like sommpd did, or dont.

We, the citizens, get to ask questions about how the things we fund are done. Unless there's an overriding reason for us not to know, officer safety, thats sort of thing, fine, but blustering up about it is bull.

I have no qualms with the perks of the job, but if we see something that looks like it might be abuse, it's not right to be mean or disrespectful to the one asking the questions.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Good Lord, I wouldn't care if it cost $20 and was on my dime.... How many cars are in the fleet? How many people pay taxes in the county? I'm sure the math ends up being pennies if that a week. I'd rather my tax dollars go to the people that actually provide me a service than most of the POS welfare recipients.

Ya beat me to it :love:

Why would you expect a cop to pay to maintain their patrol car, any more than you would expect some desk jockey to pay for their work computer repairs? That's ridiculous.

Hawkeyewife

I knew I'd get in trouble

It was an honest question. Hey, I don't know what police officers are allowed to do. It just seemed weird to me that two officers in uniform were out getting thier car washed. I don't know when thier shifts start/end.
There are several localities (apparantly St Mary's is not one of them) that are beginning to restrict officers from taking thier vehicles home to cut costs, so I just assumed that the officers in front of me were on duty, they were in uniform.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It was an honest question. Hey, I don't know what police officers are allowed to do. It just seemed weird to me that two officers in uniform were out getting thier car washed. I don't know when thier shifts start/end.
There are several localities (apparantly St Mary's is not one of them) that are beginning to restrict officers from taking thier vehicles home to cut costs, so I just assumed that the officers in front of me were on duty, they were in uniform.

Would you question if they were at Rose's? Perhaps, on duty...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It just seemed weird to me that two officers in uniform were out getting thier car washed.

Why?

Maybe a drunk puked on the car.

Maybe the K-9 peed on it.

It could be anything and I don't think it's of note that two uniformed officers were washing their patrol car.

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE

Why do you even care? :cds:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member

Having car troubles one afternoon while on the way to the dog park with my two pretty big dogs in the car, the deputy helping me ended up taking us home once the AAA towtruck finally made it.

I was surprised to see that the interior in the back was all hard plastic. Although my girls are trained, I thought I was going to have a close call - potty wise. Also, they're quite furry. I asked reasonably if the interior was plastic due to it being a k-9 carrier.

Apparently, folks get all kinds of bodily fluids inside, outside, tires, themselves, etc... So, not only do they have to wash the outside of the vehicle with frequency, they also have to scrub the inside too.

Thankless job at times, I think. :ohwell:

Why?

Maybe a drunk puked on the car.

Maybe the K-9 peed on it.

It could be anything and I don't think it's of note that two uniformed officers were washing their patrol car.

And there you have it...

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Have a friend that used to work at Burchmart in L-town. He said they would give cops free car washes and gave them a code for both personal and business use. The code would expire so they would just need to get a new one every month. I think its a great service for the people who protect and serve us.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
This thread is an epic fail.

The OP needs to get a life, seriously.:doh:

This fread has lowered my IQ by 10 points... seriously people i gota stop reading here less I will be brain dead!

QUOTE=Hawkeyewife;3322850]It was an honest question. Hey, I don't know what police officers are allowed to do. It just seemed weird to me that two officers in uniform were out getting thier car washed. I don't know when thier shifts start/end.
There are several localities (apparantly St Mary's is not one of them) that are beginning to restrict officers from taking thier vehicles home to cut costs, so I just assumed that the officers in front of me were on duty, they were in uniform.[/QUOTE]

NOT GUNNA FOR A NEWBIE HERE! Do you wash your car? Why? Cause it makes it last longer? WTF on duty, off duty, officers money, county money.... its called maintaining the patrol car! Either way it saves you tax dollars.:smack: