Pork Chop- agressive boxer at tricounty

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Does not matter what the dog did..he was to go to the previous or the person that placed him (Catt whatever role she played) she said she told him several times that the dog could go back to her that is my gripe...he should not have gone to the shelter but a call at least to Catt...thats the problem I have..or at least say..Hey the dog is a jerk I am putting him down..something...Catt expected communication and she did not get it that is the whole start of the problem..

That is the exact thing that upsets me the most....there was no communication made about him prior to being taken to Tri County.

tommyjones

Also, in all honesty, I think this thread is unfair and bias. Does Tommy Jones has have any relevance with this dog.

i have no dog in the fight.
I do however, believe that the person who deleted the threads did so to hide the most recent owner's comments about the agressiveness of this particular dog.

additionally, i feel it is hypocritcal that you say the owner should have returned the dog to jww because of some alleged contract, when whoever got this dog from tri-county had a written contract with them to bring the dog back to them if they couldn't take care of it.

ITS ME

You don't have a dog in this fight, yet you are posting...:shrug:

Yes, because I read the other thread last night, I saw the side of the dog from the prior owner state this dog was good with other dogs, I saw Catts responses, I saw that she was upset by the dog at the pound. I have learned (even if only online) that she appears to take pride in what she knows about animals and that she doesnt come across as a person that would place an aggressive animal with a family, so yes I will place myself in this dog fight. I have sent out emails and made calls I am trying to see if I can find a home for this guy.

I still think that if the dog was as what I am reading if only by third, fourth and fifth party, that they should have given the courtesy of a call to Catt or JWWB, and more so since that was the agreement between everyone.

And further more thats what threads are about, speaking your opinion, none of us have anything to do with half of the threads that are posted, but we all have opinions and the first amendment on our side.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
i have no dog in the fight.
I do however, believe that the person who deleted the threads did so to hide the most recent owner's comments about the agressiveness of this particular dog.

additionally, i feel it is hypocritcal that you say the owner should have returned the dog to jww because of some alleged contract, when whoever got this dog from tri-county had a written contract with them to bring the dog back to them if they couldn't take care of it.

Nope. I just don't need a bunch of people posting that have no clue what they're talking about.

tommyjones

Nope. I just don't need a bunch of people posting that have no clue what they're talking about.

you mean like the previous owner did.....

why dont you go resuce a nice dog instead of an agressive one. there are plenty of deserving NICE dogs at tricounty.

J

jp2854

Catt mike sounded like a true idiot. Are he and bayKat married? I am a dog owner and know they are a lot of responsibility and I know it takes time to work out the kinks they have. I would never give anydog or cat to the tri-county animal shelter. IF I had to give away any of my animals I would try a rescue group and hope they could help me out...

Well, then nobody should be posting but me, Jwwb and BayKat and Mike.

That was my point. We all post in various threads because we all have various opinions. ITS ME was questioning why Tommy Jones was posting if he had no relavance to this dog.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Anyone who is upset that the dog is in the pound can go get him. Otherwise, you're just #####ing to to be #####ing.

If the owners prior to Mike and Bay Kat wanted to have control over the dog, they should have kept him.

When I've farmed out kittens, they went to their new home and that was the end of it. I have never given away an animal that was my pet or that I had any attachment to, so I can't relate to getting rid of an animal, but wanting it back if it didn't work out at the new home. It obviously wasn't working out where the animal *was*, or it wouldn't have been farmed out in the first place.

Geek

why dont you go resuce a nice dog instead of an agressive one. there are plenty of deserving NICE dogs at tricounty.

All dogs are animals. Having them in your home requires dedication and being heads up when they act like animals. I have two very nice dogs. Wonderful with kids. Those two dogs fought over a cheeto the other day (they don't even like cheetos) I had to handle the situation :shrug:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Catt mike sounded like a true idiot. Are he and bayKat married? I am a dog owner and know they are a lot of responsibility and I know it takes time to work out the kinks they have. I would never give anydog or cat to the tri-county animal shelter. IF I had to give away any of my animals I would try a rescue group and hope they could help me out...

I just think they did what they felt they had to do. As I have said repeatedly, the ONLY thing that angered me is that that didn't call to let me or his previous owner know what had happened.

I've seen and had to break up dog fights, I've had to rehome a dog-aggressive dog (GSD) and another one that bit my child out of the blue (a small dog...25 years ago). I am very realistic and very responsible about dealing with dogs (or cats, etc.).

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

THEN GO GET THE DOG.

Sheesh, people, this isn't freakin' rocket science.

tommyjones

All dogs are animals. Having them in your home requires dedication and being heads up when they act like animals. I have two very nice dogs. Wonderful with kids. Those two dogs fought over a cheeto the other day (they don't even like cheetos) I had to handle the situation :shrug:

thats a lot different than a dog that attacks dogs while being walked or barges out the door to attack smaller animals.

the person who had the dog made the call. this dog had obviously been in the shelter before, and was given up at least once since then. sometimes there is a valid reason dogs go to the shelter.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I just think they did what they felt they had to do. As I have said repeatedly, the ONLY thing that angered me is that that didn't call to let me or his previous owner know what had happened.

But, Catt, then what would you have done about it? Would you have taken the dog into your home and tried to find a new owner? Would JWWB have done that?

:shrug:

tommyjones

I've seen and had to break up dog fights, I've had to rehome a dog-aggressive dog (GSD) and another one that bit my child out of the blue (a small dog...25 years ago). I am very realistic and very responsible about dealing with dogs (or cats, etc.).

and what about the previous owners responsibilty to take the dog back to the shelter? they had a contract, a contract that was in place to avoid exactly this situation, where an agressive, or otherwise disfuntional dog, is handed off to various unsuspecting families until it hurts someone or kills an animal......

4d2008

The phone call wasnt made. Cant change anything now. Im sure the people wish they had now to avoid all this drama. But it wasnt made. The dog is at the shelter. People are working on possibly getting the dog out. What more is there to talk about? Think this issue has gone WAY over board. just my opin...

USNavyMike

Exactly,

Being the moderator of the forums gives her the edge to delete the thread and continue to sway readers to the fact that Kat and I are really bad people.

At no time was it EVER mentioned that if things did not work out that PC would be returned to the original owner so lets get that untrueth straight.

Obviously the other thread showed this.

I mentioned in the previous thread that PC was awsome indoors however outside was totally different. PC knew when he did wrong in the house as he did when he devoured a loaf of bread, I found the wrapper in the living room and he was in his kennel lookin at me like O Sh&% I got caught. Not a biggie however concern here was that loaf coming out the other end all at once. The issue's with him eating the cat poo, and ciggarette butts, not an issue from where I stand, however again, its gotta come out. Eating cat toys, well he paid that price when he woke me one night drooling over my face, next thing I knew he puked and a small cat toy (mouse) came out then he was fine. He loves attention, loves playing in water and being sprayed with the hose.

BayKat explained what happened outdoors so I will not continue to feed into that frenzy. I took PC as protection and companion for my family when I am in Iraq, this does not make us bad nor uncaring, however it makes me very weary on adoption from private parties in the furture and should make others aware of liability issues which could result when not told the entire trueth on a pet.

While I was holding the lease outside of Tri, my mind was racing thinking of alternatives for the next action I was going to take. If there was a chance that the JWW would take him back I would have considered that option, however she has not came out with the reason why he couldnt stay there and why she gave him up in the first place so I will leave that part private.

Have a Blessed Day

usnavymike

Take in to account,

tommyjones

The phone call wasnt made. Cant change anything now. Im sure the people wish they had now to avoid all this drama. But it wasnt made. The dog is at the shelter. People are working on possibly getting the dog out. What more is there to talk about? Think this issue has gone WAY over board. just my opin...

it had just about fizzled, but then someone indicated thet they were going to do anything they could to get this dog into another home, and that she was deleting the threads relating to his story- essentially getting rid of the previous owners reasoning for giving the dog up. this indicated to me that this person was intending to be less than truthfull with potential families.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Being the moderator of the forums gives her the edge to delete the thread and continue to sway readers to the fact that Kat and I are really bad people.

:nono:

*I* am the moderator. Premium members can delete their own threads, and that's what Catt did.