Pork Chop- agressive boxer at tricounty

camily

Peace
The owner that had him for two years. :yay:

It's okay Chasey. Tommy doesn't know me, that's quite obvious. I know me and my friends know me and understand that I do the CORRECT thing where animals are concerned.

I have stated on numerous occasions that it is better to put down an aggressive dog than to try to rehome him. Mousebaby can attest to that. I just don't see Pork Chop as aggressive.

I agree 100%.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
But, Catt, then what would you have done about it? Would you have taken the dog into your home and tried to find a new owner? Would JWWB have done that?

:shrug:

Yes, I would have taken the dog and yes JWWB is prepared to take him back for a short amount of time to prevent him staying at Tri County. We know the dog to be loving and gentle but does not like other dogs on his territory -- which is very common. The dog had only been in his new home for 4 weeks. Dogs need time to adjust.

When I first took in Buster, our household was turned upside down. I had to acclimate all of the dogs but that is what I wanted to do. I was determined to have it all work out. I understand that not everyone is able to wants to commit to doing something like that.

Jwwb and I had a place for him to go other than Bay Kat's home. Now, we have to work again to find a place for him.

Since he's been at the shelter, they have seen NO signs of aggression -- to people or dogs.

I love Boxers. They're not for everyone and they're not easy but, generally speaking, they're not aggressive. And I won't give up on this dog until I see that he is truly a bad dog and if that is the case, then we may have to make a difficult decision but it is one that I am able to make.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
this indicated to me that this person was intending to be less than truthfull with potential families.

I know for a fact that Catt wouldn't be intentionally untruthful when farming out a dog or cat. When an animal has problems, she always says so and is upfront about it. So that's not fair or even true to say she was intending to lie.

Boxers are high energy PITA dogs (sorry, Boxer people, it's true). So what is normal to a Boxer owner is aggression to others who aren't used to this type of dog.

Mike and Bay Kat bit off more than they could chew with this dog, and I don't blame them one second for getting rid of it. I'd have done the exact same thing, and in fact I *have* done the exact same thing.

I also understand where the Boxer people are coming from, because to them it's normal for a dog to be overly rowdy, knock people down, and get aggressive with other animals. They do not see it as aggression, they see it as normal.

So it's a different perspective, and Catt was not intending to lie about the dog at all.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I know for a fact that Catt wouldn't be intentionally untruthful when farming out a dog or cat. When an animal has problems, she always says so and is upfront about it. So that's not fair or even true to say she was intending to lie.

Boxers are high energy PITA dogs (sorry, Boxer people, it's true). So what is normal to a Boxer owner is aggression to others who aren't used to this type of dog.

Mike and Bay Kat bit off more than they could chew with this dog, and I don't blame them one second for getting rid of it. I'd have done the exact same thing, and in fact I *have* done the exact same thing.

I also understand where the Boxer people are coming from, because to them it's normal for a dog to be overly rowdy, knock people down, and get aggressive with other animals. They do not see it as aggression, they see it as normal.

So it's a different perspective, and Catt was not intending to lie about the dog at all.

Thanks, this means a lot to me.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Exactly,

Being the moderator of the forums gives her the edge to delete the thread and continue to sway readers to the fact that Kat and I are really bad people.

At no time was it EVER mentioned that if things did not work out that PC would be returned to the original owner so lets get that untrueth straight.

Obviously the other thread showed this.

I mentioned in the previous thread that PC was awsome indoors however outside was totally different. PC knew when he did wrong in the house as he did when he devoured a loaf of bread, I found the wrapper in the living room and he was in his kennel lookin at me like O Sh&% I got caught. Not a biggie however concern here was that loaf coming out the other end all at once. The issue's with him eating the cat poo, and ciggarette butts, not an issue from where I stand, however again, its gotta come out. Eating cat toys, well he paid that price when he woke me one night drooling over my face, next thing I knew he puked and a small cat toy (mouse) came out then he was fine. He loves attention, loves playing in water and being sprayed with the hose.

BayKat explained what happened outdoors so I will not continue to feed into that frenzy. I took PC as protection and companion for my family when I am in Iraq, this does not make us bad nor uncaring, however it makes me very weary on adoption from private parties in the furture and should make others aware of liability issues which could result when not told the entire trueth on a pet.

While I was holding the lease outside of Tri, my mind was racing thinking of alternatives for the next action I was going to take. If there was a chance that the JWW would take him back I would have considered that option, however she has not came out with the reason why he couldnt stay there and why she gave him up in the first place so I will leave that part private.

Have a Blessed Day

usnavymike

Take in to account,

All it would have taken was a phone call. I would have taken him back. The reasons for me placing him in a new home had NOTHING, I mean NOTHING, to do with his behavior. Besides what everyone wants to assume. I'm not going into what is going on in my personal life for everyone under the sun to know. That is the reason I was placing PC.

tommyjones

so she deleted the threads in the interest of full disclosure?

I have no doubt that she hasn't seen this herself, and there for doesn't 'beleive' the dog was agressive. but it shouldn't take her actually seein ghtis dog bite or kill another before she concedes that mike and bay had no reason to lie.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses

I have no doubt that she hasn't seen this herself, and there for doesn't 'beleive' the dog was agressive. but it shouldn't take her actually seein ghtis dog bite or kill another before she concedes that mike and bay had no reason to lie.

Let me just say this, if the dog was going to bite, he would have bit one of the kids for climbing all over him, walking around waving food, gotten one of the cats for jumping on him while he was sleeping, gone after Neo (the pug) for going after his back legs to play, ect.

He would pounce on another dog, GRRRRRRRRRRRR, and that was his way of playing. No biting, yes there was drooling, but the dog drooled a lot, even when playing.

tommyjones

Let me just say this, if the dog was going to bite, he would have bit one of the kids for climbing all over him, walking around waving food, gotten one of the cats for jumping on him while he was sleeping, gone after Neo (the pug) for going after his back legs to play, ect.

He would pounce on another dog, GRRRRRRRRRRRR, and that was his way of playing. No biting, yes there was drooling, but the dog drooled a lot, even when playing.

so you are saying that mike and bay lied when they say he attacked 3 other dogs?

why was he in the shelter in the first place?

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
I took PC as protection and companion for my family when I am in Iraq,

The dog had only been in his new home for 4 weeks. Dogs need time to adjust.

Ok I would like to point out two things here...

Mike you get the dog for protection, it protects the yard? So you give it up....I am sure that makes sense somewhere...
So, you have the dog for FOUR weeks and I will guess your wife figures out she can't handle the dog so you up and put him out....after FOUR weeks

Mojo

All dogs are animals. Having them in your home requires dedication and being heads up when they act like animals. I have two very nice dogs. Wonderful with kids. Those two dogs fought over a cheeto the other day (they don't even like cheetos) I had to handle the situation :shrug:

You're so smart :clap:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

His owner (who purchased him as a puppy) was in the military and was deployed. He tried unsuccessfully to find a home for him but did not have much time to do so. The dog was temperament tested at the shelter and deemed NOT to be a dangerous or aggressive dog.

tommyjones

Ok I would like to point out two things here...

Mike you get the dog for protection, it protects the yard? So you give it up....I am sure that makes sense somewhere...
So, you have the dog for FOUR weeks and I will guess your wife figures out she can't handle the dog so you up and put him out....after FOUR weeks

i took in a pit and it only took me 2 days before his dumb agressive azz was at the pound. Previous owner claimed he was a sweetie and very loyal. Well his sweetness attacked my lab twice and killed a cat in 2 days. I didn't need any more than that.

I should have known there was a problem as none of the family members who vouched for him would take him in.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Couldn't tell you why she deleted the thread. BUT I do know that she is always forthright when rehoming an animal and she has never, to my knowledge, farmed out an animal that was a known problem. I've known her for several years, and she is not a dishonest person.

ITS ME

You know, maybe I am different than regular average folk, but if I got dog from someone and it went crazy and tried to attack, I surely would have made a phone call to the person that gave it to me and said something to the effect of

you do know what that stupid azz dog just did, it tried to kill so and so, scared me to death and I had to take it to the pound and hopefully they will put his azz down. I told them how aggressive he is and I don’t think they will put him back up for adoption. ---- the end-----

I am the type of person that gives feedback whether it is positive or negative, and if someone gave me a bum dog, I surely would tell them that they need to test their dogs better than they did with this dog (even if it is just to help the next person out).

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

Where did I ever say they lied? Where did I ever say that I didn't respect their decision? All I said was that I was angry that they didn't notify us that he was back at the shelter or, after the first incident, let us know there was a problem.

I deleted the thread because you argue for sport and it is not productive and you don't know what you're talking about. You have absolutely NO knowledge of this dog.

tommyjones

Couldn't tell you why she deleted the thread. BUT I do know that she is always forthright when rehoming an animal and she has never, to my knowledge, farmed out an animal that was a known problem. I've known her for several years, and she is not a dishonest person.

well what she stated before she deleted the thread was that she was going to ignore mike and bays comments and do her best to rehome him. then she deleted the thread in the hopes it would all go away.
not saying you are wrong, just saying what it looks like from the outside.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
so you are saying that mike and bay lied when they say he attacked 3 other dogs?

I'm not saying they lied. All I can say is how he was in my home for over two years.

When I got him from the shelter, he was a family surender due to them moving. He came from Portugal, as I was told when I adopted him. We were told he was good with kids but I honestly do not remember if anything was mentioned about other animals from previous owner. This is why I took my pug up to Tri County BEFORE getting him to begin with. All was well with the meeting of the two. This is why I took him in the first place. Once he was out of the kennel, he was fine. He did not like being in a kennel, was depressed, and overweight. Put him on a diet because he was overweight and he became a very happy, hyper dog. Would he chase animals in his yard....many of times he would take off after deer, squirrels, rabbits, birds, ect. I expected this, he is a dog afterall. He had his moments of being a total pain but I dealt with it.

Last edited: