Protecting and serving (by shooting victim in back)

Inkd

FINALLY a real unwarranted shooting for you cop haters to get excited about.

And YAY! because this means ALL cops - every single last one of them - is a killer who shoots unarmed citizens for no reason! Hate all cops! All those bastards ever do is shoot people and kill them!

Right?

Right now there are people on this board just wetting themselves with excitement!!!!! Yay, we finally got one!!!! See, we told you so!!!

Buncha Fvcktards.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Looks like he was hit to me. He did go down. I'm not seeing your point.

You're not going to get disagreement with me that this appears to be a wrongful shooting.

looked to me like he missed several times. Those rounds don't stop going when they miss the intended target.

Inkd

I'd like to hear the reasons too. The one thing that always pops in my head is (because we have very little preceding the shooting) a fleeing suspect is always considered a threat to the community. Did the victim exhibit violence in a manner that made the cop believe the guy was a threat? All sorts of scenarios come to mind: escaping and breaking into a home taking hostages, carjacking to escape (and high-speed chase), threats to children in a nearby park...

Don't get me wrong... I am not even remotely defending this cop. But there has to be dozens of things going through the cop's mind that he has to evaluate in an instant before the guy gets away. Given what little we have in this video, it seems to cop made a horrendously bad choice.

From everything I have read, the dead guy was pulled over for a busted tail light. When it was found out he had a warrant out for unpaid child support he put up a struggle. In one video it looked like the officer did try to use a tazer, not clearly but it looks like there is some type of wire trailing from the guy as he is running away.

What is going to fry this cop is that in his report he stated he tried to perform CPR on the suspect and that the suspect assaulted him. Which the video clearly shows he did not try to perform CPR and there was no assault, just a struggle between someone who didn't want to be arrested and someone who was trying to arrest him.

Cops lawyer has already removed himself from the case after the video was made public.

Inkd

looked to me like he missed several times. Those rounds don't stop going when they miss the intended target.

This is going to be way out of context but, he stopped shooting after he was down. That's what people who are trained to do, do. Shoot till the threat is neutralized. Not that the guy was a threat running away, but the basic principle is the same. Now, being that he is charged with murder, if any of those rounds were to have actually hit someone, I would imagine there would be more charges laid down on him.

If it was a clean shoot and he missed and someone had gotten hit by the loose rounds, odds are he would not be charged. Not 100% sure, but I could see it going that way.

Inkd

from what I heard, the victim had a physical altercation with the officer and had taken his tazer

IMHO the cop was pissed the dude challenged his authority

IMHO you're a idiot.

The dude was pissed and or scared because he was about to be arrested for an outstanding warrant for failing to pay child support. Not because he challenged anyone's authority.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
Right now there are people on this board just wetting themselves with excitement!!!!! Yay, we finally got one!!!! See, we told you so!!!

Buncha Fvcktards.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Or is self-deprecating commentary all the rage with you young'uns these days?

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
From everything I have read, the dead guy was pulled over for a busted tail light. When it was found out he had a warrant out for unpaid child support he put up a struggle. In one video it looked like the officer did try to use a tazer, not clearly but it looks like there is some type of wire trailing from the guy as he is running away.

What is going to fry this cop is that in his report he stated he tried to perform CPR on the suspect and that the suspect assaulted him. Which the video clearly shows he did not try to perform CPR and there was no assault, just a struggle between someone who didn't want to be arrested and someone who was trying to arrest him.

Cops lawyer has already removed himself from the case after the video was made public.

Kinda makes one wonder how may other lies the copfuk has gotten away with over the years.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is going to be way out of context but, he stopped shooting after he was down. That's what people who are trained to do, do. Shoot till the threat is neutralized. Not that the guy was a threat running away, but the basic principle is the same. Now, being that he is charged with murder, if any of those rounds were to have actually hit someone, I would imagine there would be more charges laid down on him.

If it was a clean shoot and he missed and someone had gotten hit by the loose rounds, odds are he would not be charged. Not 100% sure, but I could see it going that way.

No, not out of context at all. I get that, totally valid point. However, as you say, the guy was NOT a threat. Lost shots when being attacked is one thing. This guy letting fly and, from what I see, not doing very well, meaning rounds going who knows where, certainly not him, when he was in zero danger, makes this all the worse.

Inkd

No, not out of context at all. I get that, totally valid point. However, as you say, the guy was NOT a threat. Lost shots when being attacked is one thing. This guy letting fly and, from what I see, not doing very well, meaning rounds going who knows where, certainly not him, when he was in zero danger, makes this all the worse.

Yeah, all in all, this is a lose, lose situation for everyone except Uncle Al and the Rev.

That jacka$$ may have just poured gasoline on a smoldering fire.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
IMHO you're a idiot.

The dude was pissed and or scared because he was about to be arrested for an outstanding warrant for failing to pay child support. Not because he challenged anyone's authority.

right .... because a warrant for not paying your child support is license to get shot in the back

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
There's a press conference going on the news now. I can see riots will be starting soon with the heated crowd that's in there. Not a smart move by the shooting officer IMHO.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah, all in all, this is a lose, lose situation for everyone except Uncle Al and the Rev.

That jacka$$ may have just poured gasoline on a smoldering fire.

Mayne not. His bosses aren't ####ign around. He wasn't suspended pending investigation. He was fired AND arrested AND charged with MURDER.

Inkd

right .... because a warrant for not paying your child support is license to get shot in the back

Absolutely not! But you make it sound as if this guy was just asked to move out of the street on to the curb and when he told the officer no, the officer just opened up on him.

In all likelihood this cop is going to be charged, and if convicted, go to jail. Which from the little bit I've seen is appropriate. If S.C. has a death penalty, who knows, maybe they will go that route?

But I have no sympathy for the dead guy, sorry. No, failure to pay child support shouldn't get you killed. But, sometimes being stupid does and in this case, it did.