Protecting and serving (by shooting victim in back)

Inkd

Mayne not. His bosses aren't ####ign around. He wasn't suspended pending investigation. He was fired AND arrested AND charged with MURDER.

I'd like to think that will be enough to appease the masses. I just don't have that kind of faith in humanity anymore though.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
But I have no sympathy for the dead guy, sorry. No, failure to pay child support shouldn't get you killed. But, sometimes being stupid does and in this case, it did.

I'd ask you to reconsider that. The dead guy was, it seems, murdered. By the state. For terribly minor offenses.

We can't pretend that, finally, the ONE true abuse of power is on camera. We have to accept that, most likely, this is quite common and had been for ages to black folks. I think most of us, intellectually, know that. That doesn't excuse law breaking. It does provide context for fear of authority.

It is improper and speaks very ill of OUR society if one of us is now dead for trivial offenses.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'd like to think that will be enough to appease the masses. I just don't have that kind of faith in humanity anymore though.

Well, you are wise in that position. However, at least to start, they are taking, it seems, proper action. The problem lies in the next Micheal Brown who was justifiably shot; will that next cop be wrongly lynched?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
No, failure to pay child support shouldn't get you killed. But, sometimes being stupid does and in this case, it did.

ah so stupidity is a death sentence :yay: got ya

Darwin Award Winner ... like the guy with the generator in his house with 7 children

Midnightrider

I'd ask you to reconsider that. The dead guy was, it seems, murdered. By the state. For terribly minor offenses.

We can't pretend that, finally, the ONE true abuse of power is on camera. We have to accept that, most likely, this is quite common and had been for ages to black folks. I think most of us, intellectually, know that. That doesn't excuse law breaking. It does provide context for fear of authority.

It is improper and speaks very ill of OUR society if one of us is now dead for trivial offenses.

:exactly:
and we should all be upset about it. Protests, even if the cop is convicted, should be expected. this was wrong and its not a 'one off'. Its just a one off that it was caught on video.

Inkd

Darwin Award Winner ... like the guy with the generator in his house with 7 children

Sometimes it is. Only this time since it was a cop it is a tragedy. "Proof" that cops are just legal thugs with guns and a license to kill. I wish the guy had run out in traffic and got hit and killed by a car. We wouldn't be having this discussion.

Inkd

You are right, we cannot pretend. But, I will not accept that most likely this is quite common. If this were 1950's South Carolina I would agree. But I don't agree for one second that this is a common occurrence. Intellectually I refuse to believe that this one incident displays an underlying problem. Sorry, I just don't buy it.

Again, I am not condoning what this officer did. But, when you run from a cop, nothing good will come of it. I'm sure this is the last thing that the dead guy expected to happen but he made that choice. He had the bad luck to be stopped by someone who has, from what I can see, no moral compass at all.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You are right, we cannot pretend. But, I will not accept that most likely this is quite common. If this were 1950's South Carolina I would agree. But I don't agree for one second that this is a common occurrence. Intellectually I refuse to believe that this one incident displays an underlying problem. Sorry, I just don't buy it.

Again, I am not condoning what this officer did. But, when you run from a cop, nothing good will come of it. I'm sure this is the last thing that the dead guy expected to happen but he made that choice. He had the bad luck to be stopped by someone who has, from what I can see, no moral compass at all.

How common does it have to be to matter? Dave Chappelle, a genius in my view, does a bunch of amazing bits about being with a white friend around cops. The white kid is never afraid to approach them or interact. The black kid, him, in the skits is constantly amazed at this otherwise dangerous behavior.

I think things are WAY better but if all you're uncles had been abused at some point by cops, if you're environment showed that to be common, I mean, that is their reality. I've never been abused by a cop and I don';t know anyone who has. When I am reflexively relaxed around a cop, him around me, there is no tension other than what I did to get his attention. For a black kid, it's not the same. it takes time for that to be truly in the past.

somdwatch

INKD, I would say that parent's teachings (history) from how they perceived the 50's and later. The 60's race riots and on an on, their experiences are much different than other races. These experiences are passed on for generation to generation. It is their perception of how society is, until you've (we) lived it and experienced it we can't begin to grasp it.

As to common, It's happened here in this area in Hollywood I believe. Officer said he charged, unarmed with two officer's present yet he chose to shoot! 2 against one, firearm should have been the last resort for the local event.

Wow! I find myself in full agreement with GURPS!

Nobody yet knows why he ran from the cop, and the victim can't tell us. He was reportedly not a fleeing felon, and supposedly, his only brushes with the law were minor (failure to pay child support). It's probably a logical guess that he was scared he was being arrested, or maybe scared of being tazed, but we just don't know yet why he ran.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
his only brushes with the law were minor (failure to pay child support).

I wouldn't just brush that off so lightly. I personally know of at least three people in our own area who ended up serving a LOT of time in jail over the years for failure to pay child support. Just saying. That system is about like the old English "debtors prison"; go to jail for being behind on your support so that you cannot earn any money to pay child support and so get farther behind..wash, rinse, repeat until the deadbeat parent is ruined completely.

BOP

He seems like a model copfuk, just doing his job, protecting and serving his community. He is charged with murder, but I'm sure he'll be found innocent of any wrong-doing.

It doesn't matter in the least that the copfuk was white and the victim was black, though some of you morons will think that it does.

I bet he doesn't run from the po-po again.

Oh, wait....

Inkd

INKD, I would say that parent's teachings (history) from how they perceived the 50's and later. The 60's race riots and on an on, their experiences are much different than other races. These experiences are passed on for generation to generation. It is their perception of how society is, until you've (we) lived it and experienced it we can't begin to grasp it.

As to common, It's happened here in this area in Hollywood I believe. Officer said he charged, unarmed with two officer's present yet he chose to shoot! 2 against one, firearm should have been the last resort for the local event.

I can see that and I would never presume to know what it would be like to walk in the shoes of those who had seen incredible violence done to them.

But, we have come a long way since the times where a black man could be strung up and it wouldn't have raised an eyebrow. I would like to think those parents would draw a comparison to the way it was to the way it is. But, I don't think that is happening.

Then again, when you have a culture that young people have embraced that glorifies selling drugs, killing others, beating women and who knows what all else, it's not tough to see that many parents are fighting a losing battle.

Change has to come from both sides. It can not be only one side willing to make the effort.

GregV814

I dont know what else you guys want. Again he was immediately fired and charged with murder.....The media is flaming the fire over WHITE POLICE and BLACK MAN........so, what have we heard lately about the BLACK MAN that raped and killed the frail WHITE GIRL in Virginia??? Oh yeah he appears to be somewhat a predator of WHITE WOMEN that he rapes .

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
I dont know what else you guys want. Again he was immediately fired and charged with murder.....The media is flaming the fire over WHITE POLICE and BLACK MAN........so, what have we heard lately about the BLACK MAN that raped and killed the frail WHITE GIRL in Virginia??? Oh yeah he appears to be somewhat a predator of WHITE WOMEN that he rapes .

:yawn:

Find some new shtick.