Proudly Gay and Ordained?

ceo_pte

:yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat:
2ndAmendment said:
God can use anyone or any experience to reach someone. Does He use sinners? You bet. Does He approve of sin? Emphatically, NO!

Christianity has nothing to do with being religious. It has everything to do with a personal relationship with God. He details what is acceptable and what is not in the Bible. Almost everyone wants and expects to go to heaven, but they don't want to live the way God expects them to to get there. They want God and heaven on their terms not on God's terms. Sorry. It does not work that way. Not my rules, His.

D

dems4me

2ndAmendment said:
Sorry Dems, you are wrong.

If you believe the Bible, then I re quote these and it is New Testament (vrai take note).
"Just Your Humble Opinion" has nothing to do, absolutely no bearing on scripture. If opinion matter instead of the Bible, everyone could do anything they wanted and still be in God's grace. That is not what the Bible says. If you are a Christian, the Bible has to be your final authority on all things spiritual. If it is not, you a fooling yourself.

are you implying there is NO OTHER sin than homosexuality referenced in the New Testiment? Especially of juding other people? We truely do have different bibles 2 A. It is mentioned in the New Testament in Romans (12 if I recall correctly) and no where else mentioned in the New Testiment. We've had this debate between ourselves time and time again. It's not worth me expending any more energy on a topic that people such as yourselves like to condem others for but fail to pick up your own Cross. If you were focusing on picking up the weight of your own cross you would not be preoccupied with others for falling short of your (not God's) expectations are :shrug: I think people are born that way and God doesn't make mistakes :shrug: for whatever reason, that's just the way it is and its not up to me to play God and try to figure out why. Nuff said. Thank the Lord the Bible says... all shall enter the Kingdom of God through Jesus and not 2A. :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
dems4me said:
are you implying there is NO OTHER sin than homosexuality referenced in the New Testiment? Especially of juding other people? We truely do have different bibles 2 A. It is mentioned in the New Testament in Romans (12 if I recall correctly) and no where else mentioned in the New Testiment. We've had this debate between ourselves time and time again. It's not worth me expending any more energy on a topic that people such as yourselves like to condem others for but fail to pick up your own Cross. If you were focusing on picking up the weight of your own cross you would not be preoccupied with others for falling short of your (not God's) expectations are :shrug: I think people are born that way and God doesn't make mistakes :shrug: for whatever reason, that's just the way it is and its not up to me to play God and try to figure out why. Nuff said. Thank the Lord the Bible says... all shall enter the Kingdom of God through Jesus and not 2A. :clap:
You know that is not what I said or implied. Did you read the quotes? 1 Corinthians 6:9 "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals," I don't think so.

I did not condemn anyone. You condemn me for not picking up my cross yet you dispute the Bible when it is quoted for you with references so you can read it for yourself in any version you like.

And the Bible does not say "all shall enter the Kingdom of God through Jesus" or did you not read the other quote Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter."

Dems you are expressing your wishes and opinions instead of scripture. Your wishes and opinion mean nothing in comparison to the Bible.

D

dems4me

2ndAmendment said:
You know that is not what I said or implied. Did you read the quotes? 1 Corinthians 6:9 "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals," I don't think so.

I did not condemn anyone. You condemn me for not picking up my cross yet you dispute the Bible when it is quoted for you with references so you can read it for yourself in any version you like.

And the Bible does not say "all shall enter the Kingdom of God through Jesus" or did you not read the other quote Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter."

Dems you are expressing your wishes and opinions instead of scripture. Your wishes and opinion mean nothing in comparison to the Bible.

2A, you are picking various scripture fragments, out of context, ala cart style and running with them.. to understand the Bible you need to compare Scripture in light of other Scripture to derive at the meaning of it. Does your Bible not say that "Jesus's Blood at Calgary washed away our sins and paid our sin debts in full" :shrug: or does yours say "Jesus's Blood at Calgary washed away our sins and paid our sin debts in full unless you were gay". Or does your Bible not say or imply that concept at all :shrug:

We all will be judged on the day of reckoning... you too just the same as me, or a gay person or an effiminate male, and those men that have sex with women while they are menstrating, or men with beards that are too long, too short, etc... the Bible is full of sins. Man cannot be considered man without having any sins... thereby we need Jesus Christ for eternal life. Did he not die for our sins and transgressions? Yes he did, for people like me and you and other human beings that have "a sin nature". I believe the only clear cut directive and only because it can be compared in light of many other scriptures is... you can't be in denial of Christ and still get into heaven. So 2A, I think once again we will have to agree to disagree on this. You will however be in my prayers tonight! :smooch:

We are not seeing eye to eye on this issue and probably never will.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
dems4me said:
2A, you are picking various scripture fragments, out of context, ala cart style and running with them.. to understand the Bible you need to compare Scripture in light of other Scripture to derive at the meaning of it. Does your Bible not say that "Jesus's Blood at Calgary washed away our sins and paid our sin debts in full" :shrug: or does yours say "Jesus's Blood at Calgary washed away our sins and paid our sin debts in full unless you were gay". Or does your Bible not say or imply that concept at all :shrug:

We all will be judged on the day of reckoning... you too just the same as me, or a gay person or an effiminate male, and those men that have sex with women while they are menstrating, or men with beards that are too long, too short, etc... the Bible is full of sins. Man cannot be considered man without having any sins... thereby we need Jesus Christ for eternal life. Did he not die for our sins and transgressions? Yes he did, for people like me and you and others that have sin. I believe the only clear cut directive and only because it can be compared in light of many other scriptures is... you can't be in denial of Christ and still get into heaven. So 2A, I think once again we will have to agree to disagree on this. You will however be in my prayers tonight! :smooch:

We are not seeing eye to eye on this issue and probably never will.
I took nothing out of context at all. That is the reason I included the scriptures surrounding the pertinent verse. Can a homosexual be saved? Yes, as can a murderer, but only after they repent of their sin. Repentance means recognizing the act as sin and stopping the action or participation in the sin, i.e., "doing the will of the Father". A practicing homosexual is in denial; they do not admit that their sexual preference is sin.

I read the Bible. I have read it cover to cover multiple times. Don't accuse me of not reading the Bible or using scripture out of context. I do not quote my opinion but scripture. Show even one verse that says it is OK to be a sinner. It is not there. You cannot find it. It says you must repent of your sin and accept Jesus as Savior and Lord.

D

dems4me

2ndAmendment said:
I took nothing out of context at all. That is the reason I included the scriptures surrounding the pertinent verse. Can a homosexual be saved? Yes, as can a murderer, but only after they repent of their sin. Repentance means recognizing the act as sin and stopping the action or participation in the sin, i.e., "doing the will of the Father". A practicing homosexual is in denial; they do not admit that their sexual preference is sin.

I read the Bible. I have read it cover to cover multiple times. Don't accuse me of not reading the Bible or using scripture out of context. I do not quote my opinion but scripture. Show even one verse that says it is OK to be a sinner. It is not there. You cannot find it. It says you must repent of your sin and accept Jesus as Savior and Lord.

Yes, but we all are sinners - the bible says we were born that way by nature. Just because one person repents of say, adultery, it does not render that person sinless. We all have sins... and that is why we need a Savior :shrug: its just not for a select few that have prayed forgiveness and now are considering themselves as "sinless" Messiah's walking around.

If anything, man - having all these sins and never being able to be sinless as a human being, you would think would make one humble. But some don't see them selves for their sins, and never reach a humble stage, instead they go after gay people and other people that sin instead of focusing on their own. I for one, don't feel the Bible should be used for that.

If only you heard people quote Scripture for all its Love and forgiveness, etc mentioned in the Bible instead of all the condemnation ... only half as much as you hear thumpers smacking folks over the head with one sin or another in the Bible -- I think maybe folks would be more understanding and the world woudl be a better place and the Christian message wuold not tend to fall on as many deaf ears.. Beating eachother up over the head and hiding behind a bible and proclaiming to be better than - will never help bridge any gaps from one person to another. People don't like folks on a soap box preaching to them about their sins and oustercizing them for it.

Kind of like the story about the sparrows out in the winter by the barn one year. The farmer kept trying to usher them in before the blizzard but they didn't come... then he realized if he was a little bitty sparrow such as them, they'd be more akin to listen and follow the farmer (now a sparrow) into the barn. And it was used in an analogy about the Lord and there being a Jesus,etc.. someone human beings could relate to man to man just as a sparrow to a sparrow. Now 2A, lets take this one step further... if that farmer with the sparrows didn't show any compassion and just demanded they get in the barn, cursed them out, told them they deserved to die because they are idiots, etc... it would just have created a wedge... it almost the same kind of wedge, I feel, that divides homosexuals and most Christians.

I also believe that anger will only beget anger and hatred will only beget hatred. Its when sinners stop accussing fellow sinners of their sins and focus on themselves instead is when bridges will start to be gapped. Folks need to humble themselves sometimes and look at the "log in their own eye".

I am really not trying to be critical towards you or anything 2A and I think its awesome you are alive in your spirit life,etc... and would even love to sit down over a cup of coffee one day, etc... but sometimes on here you come across as a reformed smoker (all of a sudden against all forms of tobacco), a recovered drinker (all of a sudden wants the prohibition days back), etc.. its nice the fire has been lit indeed. But sometimes and I'm sure its just writting styles, it comes across as harsh, stern and abbrassive to folks with either different lifestyles or interpretations of the Bible and occassionally as a "I'm better than" mentality - just the same as some other folks that assail and judge others for their sins.

I enjoy these religious forums very much, but not if its going to be one-way-sally kind of discussions such as - believe in my beliefs or we will argue and debate until the cows come home.

Also, I don't seel how one Christian's sins should be the buisiness of another Christian quiet frankly, especially if it doesn't involve them... If it doesn't involve them, then it should be none of their business... its between that person and God. But I guess that issue is for another day... :lol: :huggy:

God Bless, 2A. :smooch: Although we disagree at times ...I still love ya' 2A!! :huggy:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
The way I see it is if nobody wants to give them a wedding in a church, so be it, that's thier perrogotive. But they should be allowed civil unions, it doesn't hurt anybody.

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
Bustem' Down said:
The way I see it is if nobody wants to give them a wedding in a church, so be it, that's thier perrogotive. But they should be allowed civil unions, it doesn't hurt anybody.
Doesn't hurt anybody ? Are you serious?
I have seen first hand ,many times, how messed up in the head grown adults can be after being raised by Homosexual's.

And what about Social Security? Let's say A Homo couple gets married legally
and one of them dies , does one get to collect the others Social Security?
If so ,wouldn't that put a bigger strain on the system.
And what's to stop two people that are not Homos from getting married just so their friend can collect the others Social Security or retainment funds ?

Dad why is Mr Jones kissing Mr Smith next door. Dad ! Mr Smith is now Mr Jones too ! They got Married ,can I go next door and play with Ricky Smith or would that be Ricky Jones Now?
I bet you wouldn't want to be in that situation would you?

Last I recall God Nuked Two towns for these abominations and to this day nothing grows there. Um ...Clue don't ya think.

There is a thing called celibacy and billions of people practice it,so if someone is a freak of nature ,then I suggest they practice it.
And if they cannot then they need to keep that moral decay to themselves behind closed doors.
I am not being judgmental. Right is right and wrong is wrong and if you don't know just ask yourself if you would want your children exposed to it and you will come up with the right answer of what is right.
So all that have no honor of right anymore stand up for yourself and stop being a bleeding heart Liberal.

Last edited:

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
gumbo said:
Dad why is Mr Jones kissing Mr Smith next door. Dad ! Mr Smith is now Mr Jones too ! They got Married ,can I go next door and play with Ricky Smith or would that be Ricky Jones Now?
I bet you wouldn't want to be in that situation would you?

Last I recall God Nuked Two towns for these abominations and to this day nothing grows there. Um ...Clue don't ya think.

There is a thing called celibacy and billions of people practice it,so if someone is a freak of nature ,then I suggest they practice it.
And if they cannot then they need to keep that moral decay to themselves behind closed doors.
I am not being judgmental. Right is right and wrong is wrong and if you don't know just ask yourself if you would want your children exposed to it and you will come up with the right answer of what is right.
So all that have no honor of right anymore stand up for yourself and stop being a bleeding heart Liberal.
That is a tired argument. Do you really think that by them not getting married any of that is going to stop? They are still going to kiss in public, live together and do what they want. And as to moral decay, if a male and female couple decide that they like to have multiple people all together, should we ban them from marrying too? I believe that that to people, male and female, living together and having children out of wedlock isn't right too, but we don't stop common law marrages.

EmnJoe

nunya bidnis
The bible is interpreted differently by everyone. Just remember "opinions are like @ssholes, everyone has one and most of them stink". Interpretations are the same way.
But just for the record I happen to like Dems opinions on this subject.:smile:

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
I think too many people are scared like it's some disease you can catch. Homosexuals have always been around, will always be around, and ignoring them will not make them go away.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
People often say that the times were different in the Old Testament and that what it says there doesn't apply anymore (some say because Jesus came and changed all that). I've been taught that that's not how it works - God is timeless and so are His words and rules.

But I know people's opinions about these things differ. I'm with 2A 100% on this one. The Bible says, "Judge not lest you yourself be judged," so I'm not going to even attempt to deal with who's going to he11 and who's going to heaven. I know I'm saved, and that's that.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Railroad said:
The Bible says, "Judge not lest you yourself be judged," so I'm not going to even attempt to deal with who's going to he11 and who's going to heaven.
:yeahthat: Homosexuality is an issue to broad in scope for me to wrap my mind around. What I do know, is that the homosexuals that I know are wonderful people, and are often more compassionate and understanding than the heterosexuals I know. Specifically, one of my friends is a lesbian. She has had my back since the day she met me, and is one of the most loyal female friends I have ever had (and as a rule I generally don't congregate with female friends, they are too catty). That being said, I refuse to entertain the thought that she will go to hell. It's her life, she lives it the way she wants, and she understands the consequences. But I am not going to miss out on our friendship simply because the bible says she's damned. :shrug:

reefbeef

trisha said:
With all the publicity about gay marriage, I ask what's the deal on some religions relaxing about ordained gays and lesbians? Is this something you agree or disagree about?
Do you know that song doe a deer. If God wanted you to marry a man if your a ### then he would have all men on this earth. Whats doe a deer, Buck a deer a female deer I don't think so.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
reefbeef said:
Do you know that song doe a deer. If God wanted you to marry a man if your a ### then he would have all men on this earth. Whats doe a deer, Buck a deer a female deer I don't think so.
:confused:

And you guys say I drink :rolleyes: